The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike mode is too rare

TopSpeed

hi

Maiming Strike mode is too rare, both time the Acolyte has arrive i farm them more then twice, and did not get this mode

last year i have less time to play warframe and i have become more casual player, and i cant have time to grind, i buy the teno conn digital pass and he did not "bring everything " !

DE please consider to make the Acolyte apeer more often and boost the drop chance to 10-15 % so it will be option 

and not be sale for 900-600 plat if it less rare    

1 minute ago, TopSpeed said:

hi

Maiming Strike mode is too rare, both time the Acolyte has arrive i farm them more then twice, and did not get this mode

last year i have less time to play warframe and i have become more casual player, and i cant have time to grind, i buy the teno conn digital pass and he did not "bring everything " !

DE please consider to make the Acolyte apeer more often and boost the drop chance to 10-15 % so it will be option 

and not be sale for 900-600 plat if it less rare    

Baro brought everything that baro brings, which doesn't include maiming strike.

Rare means, rare. You say you farmed "more than twice" - but how many times? Three? Four? I've collected 3 so far (and given 2 away because hey not everyones greedy) and I hate grinding, I won't grind longer than I need to - period, and I didn't grind an extreme amount of time for those. A handful of times for a rare though isn't trying.

5 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Baro brought everything that baro brings, which doesn't include maiming strike.

Rare means, rare. You say you farmed "more than twice" - but how many times? Three? Four? I've collected 3 so far (and given 2 away because hey not everyones greedy) and I hate grinding, I won't grind longer than I need to - period, and I didn't grind an extreme amount of time for those. A handful of times for a rare though isn't trying.

i farm this like 40 min first time and 1h last time give in take they disappear from plants and if they arrive i was on work or sleeping 

4 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

i farm this like 40 min first time and 1h last time give in take they disappear from plants and if they arrive i was on work or sleeping 

Yeah thats not really spending a lot of time farming for it....

The whole point of acolyte mods is that they are rare and maiming strike in my experience is one of the hardest to get.  I got one maiming strike after literally going after them every time (while I was awake) they appeared for the entire event so what's that  probably 12+ hours worth of farming.  I still don't have a couple of their mods but you don't see me complaining about it.  Simple fact is the mods aren't exactly needed, even maiming strike isn't needed it just makes things stronger. 

Personally I have more of an issue with how razorback event went where the drop table was diluted with 60/60 status/elemental mods meaning I didn't get ANY of the puncture mods.... and it was even more annoying because the dev's didn't take any notice of all the complaining on the forum until AFTER the event.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah thats not really spending a lot of time farming for it....

The whole point of acolyte mods is that they are rare and maiming strike in my experience is one of the hardest to get.  I got one maiming strike after literally going after them every time (while I was awake) they appeared for the entire event so what's that  probably 12+ hours worth of farming.  I still don't have a couple of their mods but you don't see me complaining about it.  Simple fact is the mods aren't exactly needed, even maiming strike isn't needed it just makes things stronger. 

Personally I have more of an issue with how razorback event went where the drop table was diluted with 60/60 status/elemental mods meaning I didn't get ANY of the puncture mods.... and it was even more annoying because the dev's didn't take any notice of all the complaining on the forum until AFTER the event.

This ^

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait....

.....They actually took notice?!

(Links please, maybe? =w=")

You don't need Maiming Strike to have good weapons, and it doesn't really add that much fun or efficiency. Just calm down about it and keep playing the game normally, it will be back but it's designed to be rare. As it is, its rarity is possibly the only thing turning the meta at all levels into a spinfest clusterbang. Find builds you like as you go, be inventive, don't just chase after meta mods.

2 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Wait wait wait wait wait wait....

.....They actually took notice?!

(Links please, maybe? =w=")

not going to go hunt for the post... but supposedly they 'listened' to the complaints and after the event had finished said in a forum post they had changed it so the keys all get used (due to the 'bug' where only one would get used if not the host) and have taken out the 60/60 mods for next time.  Which to be honest was quite annoying due to the fact a LOT of us wasted time, let alone polymer bundles, and only got 60/60 mods or endo iirc for the entire event.  Obviously we don't know if it's been done until next time or if they're just going to replace the 60/60 mods with something else instead to dilute the table so we'll have to wait and see.  

Mind you the formorian wasn't really much better, I managed to get 1 barrel or was it receiver (whatever the rarest part was) during that entire event and again I basically spent most of my time on it... I'm not even after selling stuff, I just want them for myself lol

Edited by LSG501

10 hours ago, --Dark_Rage-- said:

Crying about such cheap things as Maiming Strike, while some riven mods cost more than 10000 pl, is very strange.

Maiming Strike isn't cheap just because some idiot overpriced his Riven and then some other chump with more money than sense bought it.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Maiming Strike isn't cheap just because some idiot overpriced his Riven and then some other chump with more money than sense bought it.

The forum trade section and in-game trade chat are full of such riven prices.

And comparing with the average prices for rivens with nice stats Maiming Strike is very cheap. It costs almost nothing.

Everything is relative.

And considering the fact that this mod isn't must-have mod and really useful only with 3-4 weapons, crying about it price have no point.

3 hours ago, VergilDT said:

I don't get the popularity of this mod. Frankly, it's wasted mod space just to basically guarantee crits on slide attacks when they can already crit on their own according to the crit chance on the weapon.

The difference is that it's an additive crit chance bonus, so it gives the same buff on literally every weapon. That means low-crit-chance weapons can become crit viable thanks to one dirty mod. 

I honestly believe that Maiming Strike's strength comes from a typo; why would the devs make a mod that gives so much crit chance for such an easy tradeoff, in the same set of mods as Argon Scope and Hydraulic Crosshairs, which give a much lower/more balanced buff at the cost of much more effort? It seems that they must have accidentally made it additive rather than multiplicative, but then so many people loved it that they didn't change it back for fear of massive community backlash.

I say fix it, we don't need it to do endgame and it's messing with the meta in bad ways.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 0:43 PM, YUNoJump said:

You don't need Maiming Strike to have good weapons, and it doesn't really add that much fun or efficiency. Just calm down about it and keep playing the game normally, it will be back but it's designed to be rare. As it is, its rarity is possibly the only thing turning the meta at all levels into a spinfest clusterbang. Find builds you like as you go, be inventive, don't just chase after meta mods.

fun you say it

i play the game normal and have fun all the time im a rank 24 and playing 4 years, and this mode give you alot if you build it correctly, i end up buing it for 750 plat, im just a collector i want to have it all !.

but this is under topic.

yet this mod dose not need to be that rare !

On 8/22/2017 at 5:00 AM, TopSpeed said:

hi

last year i have less time to play warframe and i have become more casual player, and i cant have time to grind,

So why didn't you buy it the second time it came around?    Prices were much cheaper than 600-900.

If you want a mod that's here for a limited time, buy it!  Then if you still farm it, you have two or you can sell the second to pay for the first. 

Personally , I don't use it.  I sold mine when I saw the prices.

You farmed them more than twice and didn't get one? Really? Farm more. .or start working trade chat for some plat. .you've got to be joking. .it's a pretty good mod, but nothing you need to carry yourself throughout the game. ."rare means rare". .that's the way it is. .if you're patient enough making trades and get really good at trading you will never have a problem with platinum again. .it's not really hard to build an empire in Warframe if patient enough with a solid plan

Edited by komoriblues