Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entitlement is not the answer to enjoying Warframe

ikkabotz

6 hours ago, Arniox said:

100% agree. Stop complaining about stuff you can't get and be happy with what you do have. Us vets have had to go through the same thing as low level players, so we know what's its like. What I would say is get gud. 

You wouldn't go into a game like dark souls and say: oh it's too hard, oh the grind is too long, oh the bosses are to hard. The whole community would say get gud. Same with warframe: if you don't have the patience or the time or the energy, either get gud, or leave this game. Because it's not for you. 

Don't insult DS. Did DS ever ask you to craft potions one after the other in 1 minute intervalls? Did dark souls ask you to wait 12 hours for every new weapon? Did Dark Souls ask you to wait 84 Hours to play as a new character?

Not even Korea Grinders would go that low into the mobile micro transaction swamp. I always find it hard to convince new player that this game isn't just a whale pond.

15 hours ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

I will also say this, in the future I kind of hope they add in more blueptint drops from diffrent mobs.

"Weapon crafting system in PoE" 

.... I just had a shiver running up my spine.

Warframe, the Plains of Eidolon: Prepare to Grind Edition.

21 minutes ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

Don't insult DS. Did DS ever ask you to craft potions one after the other in 1 minute intervalls? Did dark souls ask you to wait 12 hours for every new weapon? Did Dark Souls ask you to wait 84 Hours to play as a new character?

Not even Korea Grinders would go that low into the mobile micro transaction swamp. I always find it hard to convince new player that this game isn't just a whale pond.

How/why did Dark Souls get involved here?  That is a retail game.   Retail game != F2P game.
There is no time/pay wall in retail games cause we paid for them already up front.
F2P games need paywalls to survive. That's just fact.  People who don't like this shouldn't be playing F2P games. They will ultimately dislike all of them.

And yes, Korean grinders WOULD go that low. Much lower. Their paywalls are absolutely brutal.

But really, Arniox used that game as an example about requiring player's effort & dedication to reach certain goals. Not because of paywalls.

Edited by MystMan

26 minutes ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

You've clearly never played a Korean grinder lol. You want better gear? Good luck getting 20 of a drop from a boss you can only fight once a day and with a drop rate of .0000000000000000001%. Finally finished making your gear? Now you get to enhance it so it's actually useful! Oh, you forgot to buy our $30 one-time use runes to prevent your l33t gear from being destroyed after a failed enhancement? Come back in 9 months after you've managed to refarm that piece of gear. OH, new content just dropped and that gear you took the time to grind for, it's worthless now so get back to farming slave.

THAT is your typical Korean grinder, Warframe is so far above that nonsense it's insulting that you'd even compare the two.

Edited by Avenwing

I played a S#&$load of korean grinders. Some of them to endgame raid levels.

My first mmo was ragnarok online, the mother of all korean grinders. It was basically like an mmo diablo, where you could customize your gear with cards that dropped from enemies. Quite a novel idea, I found. 16 years ago.

Oh snap. ;)

37 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

"Weapon crafting system in PoE" 

.... I just had a shiver running up my spine.

Warframe, the Plains of Eidolon: Prepare to Grind Edition.

Not only mats to craft the weapons, but also mining the gems to craft arcanes to socket in those weapons.

Can wait for some Minecraft in my Warframe.

It's like virtual chocolate and peanut butter or something.

People should just understand some items ingame a farmable instantly and other ones are "long runs" you'll farm on the go while doing one of the other thousand things the game offers.

And another problem, DE is one of the most reactive and listening dev team I know. People tends to abuse of that and ask for any change when they encounter a problem, but often this problem is just a lack of knowledge or skill.

What it boils down to is people are in too much of a god damn hurry to plow through the content and then start demanding more content because they have nothing to do, in all honesty Vauban Prime should take a month of grinding to craft with its oxium requirements, people need to be thankful that DE even allows us boosters to help us along with this, but ultimately people need to slow down and enjoy the game, you don't need to have everything right away.

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

What it boils down to is people are in too much of a god damn hurry to plow through the content and then start demanding more content because they have nothing to do, in all honesty Vauban Prime should take a month of grinding to craft with its oxium requirements, people need to be thankful that DE even allows us boosters to help us along with this, but ultimately people need to slow down and enjoy the game, you don't need to have everything right away.

This.

On the one hand I agree that requirements for Vauban P are entirely justified and not at all absurd. It's natural progression. You play the game enough and eventually you'll have the resources without trying. And before that you used to have to wait for ultra-rare alerts to show up to piece together regular Vauban. Going from that to all gold drops Prime Vauban is a walk in the park. But for people dropping into the game it's a resource they can't immediately get their hands on so they cry foul when there's several stages they need to go through before getting to that point.

On the other hand, at least for the login thing, you need to look at the bigger picture. You need to literally turn your machine on and off everyday for TWO YEARS STRAIGHT. And the gap only increases the more exclusive rewards get added to the login table. That argument against it has real weight. I say this as someone who is a few days away from Prime Shred. Nobody should have to wait that long if they just started the game.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

On the one hand I agree that requirements for Vauban P are entirely justified and not at all absurd.

Really? How are they entirely justified? Some people would beg to differ with you.

It's natural progression. You play the game enough and eventually you'll have the resources without trying. And before that you used to have to wait for ultra-rare alerts to show up to piece together regular Vauban.

For the Nitain that Vauban P requires...that's 15 alerts you have to run at times not of your choosing. Yes, there's 4 Nitain alerts a day...but most of us can only manage to do 2 due to the times they show up. Also, running Sabotage missions and finding all the caches just to have a CHANCE of Nitain dropping is not a reliable and efficient means of acquiring Nitain. Then there's the 9,000 Cyotic you need...that's at least a couple of hours of boredom grinding Excavation missions. Then there's the 7000 Oxium, which only drops in quantities of 7-12 per Oxium Osprey - and then only if the Osprey doesn't suicide. It's a alert reward and a random find in storage containers.

Natural progression my butt. Natural progression is accumulating things as you play in general. There's nothing "natural" about having to actively farm specific mission types and tilesets for a couple of hours for specific resources or waiting for a random, time sensitive alert with a specific reward to pop up.

In response to your comparison to how the regular version of Vauban is obtained...you honestly think that justifies the difficulty in obtaining a merely ok Primed 'Frame? Most would argue that Vauban's method of acquisition was frustrating and irritating. Each part showed up in random alerts that no one ever knew when they'd show up...I remember having to wait 4 months to get all his parts, and I, like most fans of this game, play Warframe almost every day. You're actually fine with a mechanism like this? 

But for people dropping into the game it's a resource they can't immediately get their hands on so they cry foul when there's several stages they need to go through before getting to that point.

Just an FYI, you were a new player once and your argument is NOT that simple and is just a bit belittling.

How would you like it if you were in this scenario: You're just starting out, see a Prime you really want, and then realize you had to spend at least 2 weeks farming up the resources, credits, and Relics needed to get that Prime. So you think this is a bit too much, you go on the forums and say "Hey - I think this a bit punishing..." only to have some veteran player shut you down with a "Stop whining, be patient, and get farming, noobie" comment.

As I said earlier, we're here to have fun, not participate in a second job that doesn't pay you anything. Having to spend hours actively grinding specific resources in specific tilesets is not what most rational people would call "fun".

37 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Really? How are they entirely justified? Some people would beg to differ with you.

For the Nitain that Vauban P requires...that's 15 alerts you have to run at times not of your choosing. Yes, there's 4 Nitain alerts a day...but most of us can only manage to do 2 due to the times they show up. Also, running Sabotage missions and finding all the caches just to have a CHANCE of Nitain dropping is not a reliable and efficient means of acquiring Nitain. Then there's the 9,000 Cyotic you need...that's at least a couple of hours of boredom grinding Excavation missions. Then there's the 7000 Oxium, which only drops in quantities of 7-12 per Oxium Osprey - and then only if the Osprey doesn't suicide. It's a alert reward and a random find in storage containers.

Natural progression my butt. Natural progression is accumulating things as you play in general. There's nothing "natural" about having to actively farm specific mission types and tilesets for a couple of hours for specific resources or waiting for a random, time sensitive alert with a specific reward to pop up.

In response to your comparison to how the regular version of Vauban is obtained...you honestly think that justifies the difficulty in obtaining a merely ok Primed 'Frame? Most would argue that Vauban's method of acquisition was frustrating and irritating. Each part showed up in random alerts that no one ever knew when they'd show up...I remember having to wait 4 months to get all his parts, and I, like most fans of this game, play Warframe almost every day. You're actually fine with a mechanism like this? 

Just an FYI, you were a new player once and your argument is NOT that simple and is just a bit belittling.

How would you like it if you were in this scenario: You're just starting out, see a Prime you really want, and then realize you had to spend at least 2 weeks farming up the resources, credits, and Relics needed to get that Prime. So you think this is a bit too much, you go on the forums and say "Hey - I think this a bit punishing..." only to have some veteran player shut you down with a "Stop whining, be patient, and get farming, noobie" comment.

As I said earlier, we're here to have fun, not participate in a second job that doesn't pay you anything. Having to spend hours actively grinding specific resources in specific tilesets is not what most rational people would call "fun".

Well if you just start that is your options and thats how it should be. You shouldnt start the game and immediately have everything prime and all the stuff in the game. You'll just get bored in a few months and stop playing.

23 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

One day it's only 2 nitains in your inventory. Then there's 5 nitains in your inventory. Then a year later you have 100 nitains in your inventory and nothing that needs them to build. It accumulates over time. Sabotage missions were always a poor alternative. Besides that Xiphos was a much more desirable drop in those sabotage caches. Cryotic AND Oxium could both be farmed on Corpus excavation on Pluto. But your real goal is farming those delicious Axi keys which pop up every four rotations. And excavation can be pretty fun if you're not using the boring meta frames and going up to round 40. Can get pretty crazy on those higher level excavations.

Oh and using an armor melting ability or hell just trapping it with Mag's magnetize will guarantee your kamikaze bomber drops his reward.

Do other things? A nooblet would have the entire game to sift through. Quests, scans, specific mod drops, relic farming, building things, sortie, syndicate, raids, etc.

Just that I already put in my work; when're you?

Bout two years ago, so my words should have weight seeing as how I've been around that long to see things progressed. Every time a new resource was introduced there was always a drought. Tellerium had taken weeks to farm. Now there's several tilesets across several worlds that just plop it on the ground and it's thoughtlessly picked up by not carrier. People already mentioned Oxium only dropping a single resource instead of ten. Making Zephyr used to be like pulling teeth. You could only get Ember bp by playing hours of ODD with a 5% chance of dropping after an hour session, then you had to start over again.

If I really really (really) wanted it, I'd do that 2 weeks of farming. If they did they math already then they must have an idea of what they need to do. I did hundreds of spy missions for Ivara. Hundreds for Harrow's helmet. I can tell you right now I got really good at doing spy and you don't need Loki. Got hacking down to 6 seconds which is a useful skill in sorties where you can't use ciphers.

The only real progression stoppers for noobies is getting ahold of reactors and catalysts (both rare) and getting your hands on the right mods for basic builds. And certain weapons will inevitably be used as a crutch till they expand their arsenal. But once you're past that initial difficulty curve the world is your oyster. But my best advice would be to play with friends. As that old saying goes, misery loves company.

Define "fun". Some people enjoy burning cats.

people come from easier mmo's? name some because i played runescape, flyff, aqw... and those games were 100x harder to grind on than warframe, infact out of every game i've ever played warframe is the easiest for grinding, the only thing that makes anything feel like it's long and tedious is the time wait for building formas.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:40 AM, komoriblues said:

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too tight, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? Myself personally, I worry there's a shift in the culture and the new players pushing for this sort of change don't understand the broader implications underneath it. .there should be a challenge underneath Warframe and it's unsettling to see so many tenno now feeling left out just because they haven't put the time into the game to earn rewards. .

Why does this matter? Because the more we put emphasis on easy experiences in game, easy acquisition, easy gameplay, easy features. .it dilutes the entire experience of the game. .What makes Warframe fun is ultimately having a separation in power and applying it in challenging environments. .earning the distinction. It's discouraging as a fellow tenno to put the time and appreciation into the game and have players discredit this experience or somehow feel cheated and shame fellow tenno as "Having no lives". .I just feel like the game should be about the experience had in game, earning the rewards, working trade chat, and the "stuff" should be the backdrop and achievement in enjoying Warframe. .stuff is an intriguing and important piece, but is now the obsession itself. .Unfortunately this feels more like the case as I read forums and region chat as impatience seems to trend within the Warframe community.

I understand the game can sometimes feel discouraging, but if we cut corners there wouldn't be anything left. .Enjoy the game! Things take time and the next time you see someone rocking what you want understand they had to go through the same thing to earn it instead of knocking them and humiliating them for it.  Realize every time a tenno like that is humiliated you're humiliating a veteran player who might be willing to help you get there instead! ! It's part of what got each of us there before. .working together!  

the only one of those i kinda agree with is the arcanes. personally for me i dont think  they are too hard to get mission wise however problems start when you go to recruiting chat, especially if you are a newer less experienced player wanting to try it out, furthermore alot of groups have alot of very absurd requirements (due to the time and effort it takes to do these trials which would be wasted if you fail and agreeably frustrating). one main gripe with trials is that for me they just arent fun, i dont like having to do puzzles over and over when i could be doing something else, just murdering everything. i think it would be fine if the raids didnt take as long to do or if the puzzles werent so tedious. for example in LOR the second mission, what if it was set up or changed to a format where you can have 3-4 people solving the puzzles while another group uses things like panels and other infrastructure that was meant to keep enemies out to divert large groups of incoming enemies or just have them at the entrances to that area holding back enemies till the puzzle is solved, sort of like a survival (you fight and collect life support while an operative raids the ship for supplies) mission mixed with a defense for those who like to shoot and you still have the puzzle aspect for those who like that all the while being shorter but also still challenging. 

On 8/24/2017 at 4:40 AM, komoriblues said:

Lately, I've read all kinds of entitlement threads. .Primed Shred shouldn't be a login reward, Oxium is the new Argon, Arcanes are too hard to farm, Relics RNG is too tight, I don't have time to play the game. .I'm curious what players think of these kind of posts? Myself personally, I worry there's a shift in the culture and the new players pushing for this sort of change don't understand the broader implications underneath it. .there should be a challenge underneath Warframe and it's unsettling to see so many tenno now feeling left out just because they haven't put the time into the game to earn rewards. .

Why does this matter? Because the more we put emphasis on easy experiences in game, easy acquisition, easy gameplay, easy features. .it dilutes the entire experience of the game. .What makes Warframe fun is ultimately having a separation in power and applying it in challenging environments. .earning the distinction. It's discouraging as a fellow tenno to put the time and appreciation into the game and have players discredit this experience or somehow feel cheated and shame fellow tenno as "Having no lives". .I just feel like the game should be about the experience had in game, earning the rewards, working trade chat, and the "stuff" should be the backdrop and achievement in enjoying Warframe. .stuff is an intriguing and important piece, but is now the obsession itself. .Unfortunately this feels more like the case as I read forums and region chat as impatience seems to trend within the Warframe community.

I understand the game can sometimes feel discouraging, but if we cut corners there wouldn't be anything left. .Enjoy the game! Things take time and the next time you see someone rocking what you want understand they had to go through the same thing to earn it instead of knocking them and humiliating them for it.  Realize every time a tenno like that is humiliated you're humiliating a veteran player who might be willing to help you get there instead! ! It's part of what got each of us there before. .working together!  

Well, all these people don't realize that if they farm to fast, they will become bored even faster. RNG is a pretty bad wall to slow the grind but overall, it still helps. You're not going to get all the parts in one run which is the whole point. It keeps you engaged and makes you hope that you can win and unlike other games, it doesn't leave you stuck at the end when you lose. That's why this game and other games can remain free to play. This wall of grind to help you entertain yourself. Discrimination is a topic that the Developers should deal with because it makes people leave.

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

They dumb down the game one more time and I'm quitting it.  It's nobody's fault if you can't adapt to a different game mechanic from other games you know.  You spent an eternity playing similar games and when you find a unique one all you do is whine about how hard things are to get.  I personally have accepted ALL the dilution from this new relic system to anything else and i think it's enough diluting especially if it comes from new players in this community .  I have been playing 3000+ hours and it's insulting to people's skills and devotion when  a new player  complains about things veterans or advanced players have dealt with for so long, have earned!.  All they do is spend the whole day on region chat, trolling and wasting their time, saying the game sucks and an infinity of other irrelevant comments about a game they hardly understand.  Freedom of right to opinion has it's limits.  What makes this game unique are the things people want to be dumbed down.  I don't care how long you have to play the game,  i know mr24 veterans who have a family life and only play 1h a day AND GOT ZENITH AND PRIMED SHRED.  Certain requests clearly show warframe isn't made for you, because from the beginning until this present day, the amount of founders who have contributed to this game when  you couldn't even move properly and had a stamina bar, revives had a cool down , this game has come a very long way for people to just want change because they can't adapt.  At least make serious suggestions!  or go back to old consoles  with cheat codes and get everything.  My God! 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

They dumb down the game one more time and I'm quitting it.  It's nobody's fault if you can't adapt to a different game mechanic from other games you know.  You spent an eternity playing similar games and when you find a unique one all you do is whine about how hard things are to get.  I personally have accepted ALL the dilution from this new relic system to anything else and i think it's enough diluting especially if it comes from new players in this community .  I have been playing 3000+ hours and it's insulting to people's skills and devotion when  a new player  complains about things veterans or advanced players have dealt with for so long, have earned!.  All they do is spend the whole day on region chat, trolling and wasting their time, saying the game sucks and an infinity of other irrelevant comments about a game they hardly understand.  Freedom of right to opinion has it's limits.  What makes this game unique are the things people want to be dumbed down.  I don't care how long you have to play the game,  i know mr24 veterans who have a family life and only play 1h a day AND GOT ZENITH AND PRIMED SHRED.  Certain requests clearly show warframe isn't made for you, because from the beginning until this present day, the amount of founders who have contributed to this game when  you couldn't even move properly and had a stamina bar, revives had a cool down , this game has come a very long way for people to just want change because they can't adapt.  At least make serious suggestions!  or go back to old consoles  with cheat codes and get everything.  My God! 

I'm of the mind that the only reason they even do it is because DE is the only Dev Team that would even consider suggestions from players and change the game.  No other Devs really do this or at least to the level that DE does.  

Other game forums you will see some suggestions and/or complaints.  Only for this game do you see outright demands for things to be changed.  Demands that other Devs wouldn't give a rat's a#$$ to even bother reading.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 25/08/2017 at 10:56 AM, (PS4)horridhal said:

This is ridiculous logic.  It's the equivalent of saying "I got mine so to heck with everyone else" and does nothing to serve the game itself.  All it does is allow you to get excited over "Muh exclusive".  Opening the app once a day at a specific time doesn't actually show you've accomplished anything beyond opening and closing the app and all the log in rewards can be gotten without ever actually playing the game.

Why is that a bad thing?  Few people are running the raid now because it is old content and barely worth doing unless you need arcanes.  The people that are running them are forced into a massive grind, which isn't something I'm opposed to in the game, and I'm not specifically talking about Arcanes in my post.  My post is more centered around the time wall you think is some great boon to content within the game.

Just to chip in on this.

1. A certain degree of exclusivity isn't always a bad idea, having a special item or a special mod that you get rewarded by for achieving a fiendishly difficult or challenging feat is exclusive because its an accomplishment that others might not get. That said I feel that the "gate" to exclusivity should be competence rather then the tedium of logging into the game day by day.

2. There has to be some sort of a wall or gate in warframe to prevent players from running though all the content too quickly. The ones i most often see are skill walls and time walls. Time walls have their issues as you've already alluded to in your post, skill walls however effectively prevent a sizable proportion of your population from ever attaining them, since they might not have the competency to learn the challenge, dissemble it into its component parts and still have the capacity to develop a plan and execute it. The advantage of a time wall is that everyone can get it eventually, which makes the game far far more accessible and inclusive.

Ultimately however, DE seems to have shifted its target audience these past few years, towards the general masses. Keep in mind they may well be engineering the game for the lowest common denominator, for which the existing grind systems serve well. More difficult gates that require engagement and kill to achieve may fall well outside a sizable proportion of that population who may leave the game on finding that there will be some things that they'll never get.

20 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

I have said the same myself more than once about letting the game go. .I will just say as much that Warframe is losing its edge like crazy and not felt the same for at least a year. .I still log on from time to time. .still want the game to succeed but the migration to a new audience has been apparent for some time now. My original post in this topic was to sorta draw attention that there are a lot of people who aren't really liking the direction we've been moving in conceding so many elements of the game 

On 8/24/2017 at 7:51 AM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

spending 2 hours to get resources in a game about resources is hard for you? time to get a new game, your argument is invalid 

your meant to work for your primes if your not buying the access, and oxium used to be too easy to get and i think it should be HARDER to get seance u can get it on any corpus mission, and from containers you brake.

, in fact the grind is too easy, me and a friend got a trinity prime, dual kamas prime and collar in less then 4 hours and its getting vaulted on the 29th.... 

ditto ... once i decide on a GRINDING mindset ...i kill all audio sounds but ORDIS , start blasting thrash metal and i fly right by 

the hardest part of WF is relic hunting for parts you need   \ unless you arent ready equipment wise for SENTIENTS cus those mofos are horrid 

if in doubt @komoriblues ... just do what pope Kinison the First  would do :cool:

and say *CENSORED* IT and kill all in your path . but above all else HAVE MUSIC blasting , cus the time will fly right by and before you know it , its time for extraction .

2ffa8ac07be403af0020e86d8ae8e027--car-crash-death.jpg

On 8/26/2017 at 4:46 AM, (Xbox One)zzI Clippz Izz said:

people come from easier mmo's? name some because i played runescape, flyff, aqw... and those games were 100x harder to grind on than warframe, infact out of every game i've ever played warframe is the easiest for grinding, the only thing that makes anything feel like it's long and tedious is the time wait for building formas.

And honestly, forma should be a big deal.... But they made it so common that people don't appreciate it.

These things are set in stone, they are never going to do a catchup system because if they did that, it would piss off a bunch of people that are (for example) at 599/600 for primed shred, they even said on stream that they would never mess around with the login system to put in a catchup system, people have given this same question, and the answer is and always will be set in stone: no, they want to see people earn these rewards, not buy them and not do anything after.

TL;DR version: see you in 600 days

8 hours ago, moostar95 said:

and yet, I shoot myself in the foot when I "quit" the game only now that I want to come back because of the amount of freedom you have to play it however you want. The grind in the game is crazy however. 

the grind is crazy because it's unmotivated. And what freedom are you even talking about? most of the missions worth the time at all are locked behind one or the other form of a timer lock. What freedom? You can't even choose freely a mission type you want to do to open relics. What freedom, m8?