Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Ghosts" by Ballistica Prime

tocorro

5 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Is the primary fire different from the others? If not, literally nothing else matters to me, and I consider it fodder. Hate the normal and Rakta variants primary fire so much. 

pretty much the same. only the charge shot do anything different.

1 hour ago, tocorro said:

Actually a nice idea ^^ (but would it be fair for Nekro and his Prime?)

Yeah, an extra customization option would be needed for best use, in the same slot as Equinox's Metamorphosis views. You could then select what type of shadows you'd like out fo the three that would be available. Heck, you could add the option to turn off prime effects on all primes.

17 hours ago, PurpleBomber said:

It's an admirable mindset, but in this particular case I don't think anyone was ever worried about the Ballistica causing power creep. Silent non-thrown secondaries are not a particularly oversaturated supply right now, so a strong one worthy for higher level stealth play would probably be well received even without a unique passive (one that ironically kills it as a stealth weapon).

It's not just about power creep though, like I said, its in general Scott is sick of just releasing reskins with different stats. Whether it be a sidegrade, or a direct power creep, he is moving away from making lots of variants. Obviously they still need to prime a lot of weapons, so in that situation, they are trying to add special effects and such now. 

And I do agree the particular passive chosen was... ermm, a little inexact, I too thought of the stealth mechanics problem. But I like how they are thinking in general here. 

On 8/30/2017 at 2:19 AM, tocorro said:

Those "ghosts" produced with Ballistica Prime charged shot are so cool!
They (in my opinion) look what Shadows of the Dead should look like:If there would be a poll to replace Shadows of the Dead with Ballisticas "Ghosts" - I'd vote YES!(they're so much easier to discern from enemies in even the heaviest fights).

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! 

Nekros "ghosts" are too similar to normal enemies and when you have 12 corpses it's a mess :D 

On 31.08.2017 at 0:27 PM, (PS4)daveoncode said:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! 

Nekros "ghosts" are too similar to normal enemies and when you have 12 corpses it's a mess :D 

For some it's not too big of a problem to know which are enemies and which are Shadows... but frequently PuG player are shooting my Shadows instead of enemies. That mistake is happening so often, that when I saw "ghosts", I immediately thought that if effects could be swapped on Shadows, it would greatly boost "visibility". 

On 8/30/2017 at 9:03 AM, Kinetos said:

Is the primary fire different from the others? If not, literally nothing else matters to me, and I consider it fodder. Hate the normal and Rakta variants primary fire so much. 

On 8/30/2017 at 9:09 AM, 321agemo said:

pretty much the same. only the charge shot do anything different.

What? Ballistica Prime's uncharged shot is completely different from other Ballisticas. It now works like Paris and Dread, in that the charged shot has innate punch through, and the uncharged shot does half damage. Both are a single shot with innate 4x multishot. Notably, the weird, bouncing left and right recoil of the burst fire from the regular Ballistica is gone, because it's not a burst at all. When you don't charge it, Ballistica Prime feels more like a semi-auto weapon. I assume the weird recoil is what Kinetos was talking about. Yep, gone.

Don't let the half damage bother you, by the way. Uncharged shot damage per magazine is slightly higher than Rakta, even with body shots (in other words, each shot does about 65% of a Rakta burst), and it shoots faster, too, so burst DPS is similar. Because it's multishot and not burst, it's actually better for stealth kills. Charged shot damage and long term DPS is much higher as well. And while it is considerably more ammo hungry, Rakta Ballistica is one of the most ammo-efficient weapons in the game, so relative to that, it's not saying much.

As for the ghosts, I wouldn't complain if they stayed longer, but they're mostly just fodder/diversion/CC anyway. They do look great, and never get mistaken for real enemies.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 2017-12-09 at 2:41 PM, DeMonkey said:

A Nekro'd Nekros thread?

Nekroception.

Time to go another layer deep, 7 years later and we're still shooting our own shadows because they look like normal enemies with status effects on them.

WTB Ballistica-style ghosts for Nekros, DE could even sell it as a skin and I'd pay!

• Like 2