Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

who's against DE taking away energy regeneration in zenurik?

(XBOX)zzl clippz lzz

at the bottom i've wrote why i'm 50/50 on it but the beginning of the whole talk is what i'm just unsure, nervous and worrying about over PoE.

so from the dev stream the other night they talk about how all the focus schools are having complete overhauls and now zenurik is losing it's energy regeneration passive, despite pretty much all frames except trinity needing the passive, now we've been told we're to go find arcane gems which will somehow sort out the energy regeneration issue within PoE, I don't know about you but it better be fun finding these gems or else they've literally taken the fun out of game and made every warframe I enjoy a piece of junk, not only that all my warframes have been set up to work with zenurik so? without energy regeneration i'm literally not gonna enjoy the game anymore because I love abilities it's exactly why we all play, to decimate our enemies and I know this 100% for a fact because it completely sucked running out of energy when I was a noob, I hope the gems work like if you find one, pick it up and it instantly starts regenerating 1 energy and you can carry a total of 4 or 5 that don't ever and I mean EVER run out because seriously, what's the point grinding getting all these sweet mods training zenurik to finally become an awesome master frame to use in PoE owning it all and then have it all taken away just because they wanted to make it harder and change more stuff with PoE, why take away all the main passives needed in each focus school? why does it matter if players are able to own the monsters because they're OP going into PoE, is it just to change everything because you're changing other skills and think hmm let's change it all? this is gonna break the game for me and I hope, I really hope that PoE despite it being a beautiful, starry, fascinating world of adventure that i'll be in awe for, doesn't take away the fun in the warframes just to fit how PoE works, I really don't know what to think i'm just worried but I know 100% if I can't get energy regeneration on my warframes, i'm out i'm buying destiny and i'm just gonna sit on it thinking about all the time I wasted on warframe, I just can't believe they're getting rid of energy regeneration it's like taking away the try hard aspect of the game that got you grinding but peacefully without having to stress grind which sucks, and now turning it into a 75% run and shoot boring flying around try hard archwing clunky thing and 25% using abilities, I mean I truly hate archwing and if the whole control scheme of the archwings are still the same it's not really gonna be that thrilling to play with since holding boost and going fast in an archwing just makes me feel dead inside, i'd prefer id PoE was a ground game with giant monsters and the archwings were just to travel to new areas and that's it but I guess we'll see, just want to clarify i'm not hating on DE's PoE, i'm just not sure about what they're doing and if it's gonna make me say "this is awesome but why have they done this... and this... and like totally ruined it all." I guess all we can do is wait and hope since once the update happens, it's never gonna reverse and I doubt they will put energy regeneration back into zenurik once it happens since the focus schools are literally going to be sync with how PoE works, and if PoE breaks because spamming abilities breaks it well then, good luck hoping arcane gems is legit energy regeneration and not some clunky tedious resource thing that makes the game not fun, I hope for all our sakes this goes swimmingly because if it doesn't then a lot of us lose and I know we all love abilities and modding guns to grind harder but I guess if we face reality, there isn't really all that much to do in warframe besides modding and shooting and pressing abilities, once you've done the quests they're not exactly fun to do again, they're more like a one time moment that really make you feel the game, so perhaps we need PoE to be different so that's why i'm 50/50 on it, DE maybe, taking away energy regeneration is for the better since in a way i guess spamming slowva has gotten a little usual and spamming limbo CC has gotten a little usual, maybe DE realised this and that's why PoE is changing everything to maybe fill that gap of something new to do in warframe, so, until i've actually been on it i'm just going to believe in it being the best thing ever to happen to warframe and really embrace it as much as I can when it comes out to see it the way DE sees it, rather than let my down mood convince me it's not good since like a lot of great games you don't see how truly a work of art it is until you force yourself to play it long enough to get to the good parts within that make you say "this games actually the best game i've ever played." 

I sure love to watch people complain about having to deal with the things tons of other people have had to deal with for a long time. Are you asking yourself "Hmm, I wonder how all those other Focus schools generate their energy?" No, you're not, you're just creating an impenetrable wall of text that most people would not have the drive to actually read. DE's taking away your crutches, just like they took away Ash's 4 spam, the Tonkor/Simulor infinite headshot works, and so on. Get over it.

Edited by Mints

you'll see broken when you see all the caster frames without energy regeneration, then you'll know what broken is when everyone's caster frames are relying on energy pads that no-one can be bothered to make so they go down more and more towards higher levels, that's what's gonna be broken... the only thing wrong with the schools are the fact that most of the other abilities and passives besides the main good one in each school are worthless but taking away the main abilities and passives is literally going to affect everyone's way of play now in the game besides the people who just think "oh well" without even thinking about what is actually going to happen team wise and play wise without these abilities and passives, good luck with nova prime on your team when she runs out of energy, nova being my main I know exactly what is going to happen without her energy regeneration because when I run her sprint build for rushing syndicate missions to find fragments, soon as that energy goes it's all about relying on guns and using obstacles which is so lame since the AI don't have brains and start walking towards you in the open showering you with bullets so when you move you're done at high levels because their accuracy is on point.

Here my Article:

How DE can do "Revive" Changes that would affect WarFrame in Positive Way:

Hello Tennos (of all types). Let get to business. 300 Health + [Vitality] and not reaching 1,000 is a shame. 150 Energy should have been based at Level 0 for most WarFrames honestly.

[Rejuvination] Need +10/s (WORTH IT).

[Energy Siphon] Need +5/s (more Casting ability.

Honestly, it a start, and yes, I have heard of Energy "Arcane" and Energy "Passive", both which would BOOST WarFrames Energy, and not have to worry about PvE's rough spot/unfavorable situations in Battles. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)jedion said:

rework hmmm ok, but give us a different type of overflow (regen preferably) , all my build revolves around it.

People have been playing since 2013 without Zenurik Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step and trivializing content for hours when the game was harder.

Seems like the players can't play anymore without crutchs.

I use both but I don't care if they remove/rework/destroy both. I can still play without them. I only need to play how I played the game since 2013.

2 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

People have been playing since 2013 without Zenurik Overflow or Naramon Shadow Step and trivializing content for hours when the game was harder.

Seems like the players can't play anymore without crutchs.

I use both but I don't care if they remove/rework/destroy both. I can still play without them. I only need to play how I played the game since 2013.

yeah I don't wanna try hard on warframe playing it like some spec ops unit against boring AI that don't even talk english shouting stuff at me that makes me wanna get them, I just wanna slam an ability down ram through them and do the mission not spend longer being careful because that's not fun, it's boring and evidently it will make me say this is annoying now I wanna be a warframe again.

I hope they dont get rid of it.  It makes sense why it is there and is very helpful.  That said, it is too powerful.  Make it 1/2 as powerful and it will be fine imo.  One of the biggest problems, imo, is that it is about the only passive/active in the entire focus system that is actually worth it.  The vast majority of the focus passives/actives are damn near worthless and sometimes harmful.  If said useless/harmful ones were even remotely as helpful then you'd see people do without the energy regen passive as it is quite possible to do so.

Edited by Insizer

This topic reminds me of clanmate.

Clanmate : "Rip Chorma builds"
Me: What the hell does Chroma have to do with the change, Shadowstep will effect a lot more players?
Clanmate : "150+ Chroma needed this to survive"
Me : Did you need that to survive in anything and do you do 150+ missions?
Clanmate : "No"

Ripperino in Peperino Shadowstep and Zenurik, we could deal with it without you two, we still can.

we can all try hard by doing it without crutches but besides warframes like nova prime most people will get slaughtered on without energy regeneration and to be honest, i'm not gonna be happy on a nova who can't use abilities when the AI are literally aimbotting you round walls, the amount of time i've just come round a corner and like 6 AI were all just gun following me walking towards the corner the whole time.

omg everyone acts like zenurik is too powerful yet just at level 100 enemies you literally need your abilities if you're a caster to kill the enemy before they kill you, you know what you're all right, i'm all for it I can't wait to be constantly picking up unskilled players off the floor using caster frames who have ran out of energy, to be honest i'm just gonna leave them to die till they get annoyed of dying and no-one reviving them because you're sick of risking your own life without even having an ability to cast to save them, i tell you this, good luck relying on me to revive you if I don't have abilities because you're gonna die and lose a life and I ain't risking it. 

2 minutes ago, Insizer said:

Will the only way to get them still be those god damned Raids?

only the ones that already exist, the new ones will be form the plains, tho some of them might be strictly for the operator

that said, i would not be adverse to giving frames a 1 energy per second natural regain or buffing esiphon to 2x, maybe 3x, its current value

Edited by NightBlitz

if i run out of energy which I will, and you go down by an unlucky shotgun that's well over powered like corpus shotgunners who literally are aimbot quickscopers well seeya, i'ma be out and you're gonna be like :/ cause you saved me on your tanky warframe but now I can't return the favour because you all voted no energy regeneration for me. 

While I did pick Zenurik as my first  (and technically, only) focus school. Until a few months ago, I didn't even care that the energy regen half of the tree existed. Why? Because I went for Umbra Lance.

That being said, I will miss my beams of void energy. I'm looking forward to what replaces Umbra Lance, however. We'll just have to see, as with all updates.

1 minute ago, Insizer said:

Watch Devstream 98, friend. We'll be using mining lasers out on the Plains for the gems to make the new arcanes.

2 minutes ago, Insizer said:

The new arcanes are gained by mining in poe and then do something with the stuff you gather no clue what. So no raiding for this new arcanes but the raid arcane will stay in the raid.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)zzl clippz lzz said:

yeah I don't wanna try hard on warframe playing it like some spec ops unit against boring AI that don't even talk english shouting stuff at me that makes me wanna get them, I just wanna slam an ability down ram through them and do the mission not spend longer being careful because that's not fun, it's boring and evidently it will make me say this is annoying now I wanna be a warframe again.

While you want the game as easiest as possible. I want the game with at least some challenge. If you can't survive without your crutches, you can leave, there's Destiny 2 for you.