Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ร—

We need mounts ๐Ÿ˜„

Dreadwire

As great as it sounds I think ย thatย 

2 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

NOW IMAGINE AN ATLAS RIDING ON A GALLOPING MOA'S BACK.ย  THAT'S BE BOTH RIDICULOUS AND COOL AT THE SAME TIME.

Mister not-raging-at-all has a point. ย We (collective we, I don't know your minds) tend to think mounts are a great idea because of the vast array of games that have them. ย But this isn't them, this is warframe.ย 

Technically speaking, we are the mounts, the operators ride within us. ย It would be like an elf riding a tiger that is straddling a bear. ย Amusing as hell to imagine, not very practical.

That said, if your only concern (cool factor aside, of course) is to get around, I think there should be jump pads. ย Small orokin gadgety things that you can run across and they fling you several miles ( hundreds of meters? I dunno whatever) to a predetermined (by that pad) destination.

Or if we do get mounts of any time, they should honestly be just for operators, not warframes, especially if said mount is alive. ย We cannot possibly be very light, regardless of our parkour prowess, we probably weight a ton or three at least.

That would be great but only if it would be something powerful and interesting, like a Razorback that would have an use mass killing trash mobs or used for besieging Grineer bases or something like that.

Otherwise if they don't plan on making anything like that, Itzal Prime would be more than enough for me, there is no land mount that could be faster than that unless they make some kind of Star Wars speeder bike like vehicle with teleport, lol.

58 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Otherwise if they don't plan on making anything like that, Itzal Prime would be more than enough for me, there is no land mount that could be faster than that unless they make some kind of Star Wars speeder bike like vehicle with teleport, lol.

If we had a speeder bike that would be able to keep up with an Itzal's Blink speed. Only 2 things can happen.

You'd either be glitching out all over the place because you bumped into a rock and you're sent flying.ย 

OR

You'd just kill yourself instantly by slamming into rocks because you're stuck on the terrain and cannot navigateย around a line of rocksย because of the speed.

Would be funny for the first few days but after that, it would just be a suicide ticket for those too bored.

Edited by Flandyrll

16 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Scratch out everything I said in my previous post. ย We should definitely have mounts. ย Well, one specific mount.

ย  Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

GOLDEN MAW!

ย 

"Why did it have to be ravenous?"

I actually agree, here. We need to have more ways to use transference, aside from just switching to our Warrior Operator and back.

ย 

@Dreadwireย Let be Honest with yourself.

Give NAMES of Game with Mounts, and Highlights what were noticeable with those Mounts.

ย 

I will give an example to start,

Legend of Zelda:ย Ocarina of Time, Link (MC) has Unique Horse named Epona. Epona in Ride-Mode has "Carrots" that is regain/reloaded over time. (Rides serve to get Link fast to Area.ย 

ORย 

Runescape's "LodeStone" Network, which Transport Players once unlocked.

That is just 2 existence examples probably in most game.

ย 

20 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Scratch out everything I said in my previous post. ย We should definitely have mounts. ย Well, one specific mount.

ย  Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

GOLDEN MAW!

ย 

:thumbup:ย YES, I take that over Mule Simulator anyday. Jet Engine, PLEASE!

21 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

When?

HorizonZeroDawn6.jpg

4 hours ago, Sabreracer said:

One of my Kubrows is big enough to ride into battleย 

ย 

just say'n..........

zoHJBBn.jpg

Mounts Idea has been Exist, would it be Unique?

ย 

19 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

If we had a speeder bike that would be able to keep up with an Itzal's Blink speed. Only 2 things can happen.

You'd either be glitching out all over the place because you bumped into a rock and you're sent flying.ย 

OR

You'd just kill yourself instantly by slamming into rocks because you're stuck on the terrain and cannot navigateย around a line of rocksย because of the speed.

Would be funny for the first few days but after that, it would just be a suicide ticket for those too bored.

DE should NOT be encouraging "DRUNK DRIVING". Just no.

Also, can you imagine "all the whines of Motion Blur and MORE INTENSE Votl's Speed Sickness?ย 

Lag + Bike = Riding no Bike. o.o

ย 

As far as mounts go they certainly wouldn't be even remotely necessary but could potentially help with adding in more options to tackle the plains. I don't think mounts would be exactly good, but vehicles. Being able to take out the crew of a dropship and hijack it mid-fight or like a truck/tank or something could be a smoother way to alter your speed/loadout/abilities than dropping your little archwing beacon thing when you're in a pinch and need some extra armour right then and there.
That said, I don't think it's anything we'd ever straight up need, but it would simply be pretty cool if that were included.