Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are you messing up Spy missions...?

ComCray

Never had such a problem. People I meet in PUG Spy usually run Ivaras, and usually barely make their crawl to the first vault by the time I'm done with all 3 and got to the extraction.

If anything, I've stoped doing PUG Spy because I got tired of waiting at extraction.

Edited by WindigoTP

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I admit, the only tileset where I actually dare say that invisibility is almost required is Uranus, because the enemies are just everywhere.

Kuva Fortress Spy. Two of the data vaults require hacking a console that is viewed by one or two indestructible cameras every few seconds. You quite literally can't do it stealthily without using some invisibility.

regular corpus and grineer sortie spies usually work out fine. though even they still have some scrub fail it 20% of the time

Kuva fortress, Lua, anything else? It's near impossible to find players that can actually  do it. At all. And to even complete it you just have to solo it. I think what happens is the only players left in the pub queue for those ones are baddies because every competent player is doing them solo.

7 hours ago, ComCray said:

You know the type.. You walk in undetected (because invisible, ivara.. whatever) in comes cotton-for-brains setting off all alarms... 

Why?

What is the idea?

If you cannot deal with the notion that your teammates might press a button, why play in a team?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I need to know because my mind just fails to comprehend and that hurts. I comprehend almost everything, including my kids. But this..? This... this... it's painful. 

And even worse: coming in with a volt or ember or rhino or any other non-stealth frame while there's stealth frames ALREADY IN THE THING...

Can't you just wait outside? break some crates? clear a path to the obvious exit? I dunno, anything  but coming in and setting off alarms..?

And then how some of you even manage to subsequently fail the code is absolutely blowing my mind. If you are one of those I want you to go look up the concept "hubris". Go. Read up on it and contemplate how it applies to your... your... [OMG CENSORED].

Please, someone, tell me what the idea is behind this?

this is why I always go solo to spy missions, even in sorties

I did some public runs back when farming Ivara..
Iirc it took me 3-4 runs before I returned to solo mode, haven't pubbed a spy mission since haha.
I usually take Titania because I love speed running with her. Limbo with a Huras on annoying tiles.

What I find weird is that people don't actually take 2 minutes to just walk around the Spy Rooms and identify all the connections, shortcuts and alarm triggers. Whenever a new Spy tileset is released, I would just take a few minutes to just walk around the empty room to learn the layouts and maybe one or two tries to see which route works best. It's a small investment that will save you a lot of time in the future when you're shaving off a chunk of time for each room and removing the need for any Warframe abilities. I've seen quite a number of people avoid the more obvious shortcuts that you can see on the map itself.

Every room has an optimal route that reduces the odds of detection to freak accidents with Regulators and their pathfinding.

Edited by Flandyrll

16 hours ago, Ceryk said:

This drives me nuts. I don't like soloing Spy missions for sorties because it takes 3x as long, but most of the time someone screws it up. I'm cool with accidents, but the bum rushing, klutz in a china shop tactics really make me mad.

Dude... honestly we are talking about 5 mins tops for Spy missions, specially with invis frames.

Rescue and Spy are missions i NEVER go in groups for Sorties.
Others like Survival, capture, exterminate, albeit i normally solo because it takes basically the same amount of time to finish, is difficult for somebody to mess up.

7 hours ago, Flandyrll said:

What I find weird is that people don't actually take 2 minutes to just walk around the Spy Rooms and identify all the connections, shortcuts and alarm triggers. Whenever a new Spy tileset is released, I would just take a few minutes to just walk around the empty room to learn the layouts and maybe one or two tries to see which route works best. It's a small investment that will save you a lot of time in the future when you're shaving off a chunk of time for each room and removing the need for any Warframe abilities. I've seen quite a number of people avoid the more obvious shortcuts that you can see on the map itself.

Every room has an optimal route that reduces the odds of detection to freak accidents with Regulators and their pathfinding.

This is something that I completely agree with.  It's also incredibly hard to do in groups or pubs.  IMO, those that do every mission in a group miss a lot of things that can be easily noticed by going a bit slower and/or solo.  For example, there are still some players that don't realize that Nullifiers don't spawn with their bubbles up.  Or turning off the alarms can save you a world of hurt.  :D

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Anyway, Spy missions are more fun when you're not cheesing them with invisibility. These days I only bring Loki to a Spy mission if it's an Alert which I have to get done in a jiffy, real time.

You know that Loki is not the king of spy missions anymore, right? 
Ivara and chill.

15 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Kuva Fortress Spy. Two of the data vaults require hacking a console that is viewed by one or two indestructible cameras every few seconds. You quite literally can't do it stealthily without using some invisibility.

I remember one of these on Kuva which can be bypassed through a vent to the left in a crevice. Kind of a large rectangular outdoor area with catwalks around it. 

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

I must go and crack these Kuva vaults without using invisibility either. Might be necessary to personally slip out of the Ember 'frame and Void walk past a couple obstacles.

Blasphemy. 
"Limbo is anti fun" i tell ya. And I am pretty sure you can use cyphers in Kuva spy so... what stops you from flat out rhinoing the place?

I never do Spy missions public, even if it's doable there's more than a good chance I'll spend more time than a solo run. 

The exception I make is when I feel like making sortie spy missions harder, or I'm willingly doing them with a group for some other reason (with friends or maybe a good ol taxi for players who can't reach an alert).

Edited by Beartornado

Guys, come on. "Its why I've been running X solo" - "never do X missions public" - "why are you playing public".. sure thing. You think I'm new here? These are the same answers you get when bishing about Ember. When being annoyed about Limbo. Or a myriad of other [censored] stuff that happens.

This is a coop game remember?

If I REALLY want to play solo, I'll grab one of the gazillion singleplayer games I still have waiting. But I like WF for the Coop. Meet new people, show off my hard work at FashionFrame, show and see a bit of awesomeness.. all that joyous stuff that can be done in this game.

And sure,. when playing in pugs, expect unexpected behavior.. sure.. 

But don't you agree ME having to play solo, in a coop game, because others can't play nice in a group, is... is... downright silly?

If you play WOFEmber, you KNOW you might as well check that solo switch. 

If you plan on just rushing the vaults, why even bother to go into a public match?

This last time with the vaults that initially triggered me to write the OP, I happened to be with two low MR but very pleasant Tenno. We had fun. So I decided to tag along with them when they went for the spy mission. Thought maybe I'll give some tips and hints if needed. Maybe WE should have put the switch on inv only. But that was not the mindset we had. So we didn't. A mistake? Hardly. Naive? probably.

Whatever the case, IMHO, this again makes glaringly obvious our mission menu is hopelessly inadequate for split second decisions. I'd imagine the WOFEmber might have set the 'solo' switch if it was more readily available, if it was less finnicky, if the path to the initial mission wasn't already 3 clicks and actual visual effort too long.
If this is how the people, that really should/would/could play solo, end up in pugs, that'd be a good enough reason for me. People are lazy creatures. Like ALL of them. A good interface takes this in account and helps us not to think. That is NOT the case by the mission selection screens (and many others). 

So yeah. If that turns out to be the 'why' behind all this, I can live with it and try to convince my poor autistic brain not to get so upset about it. Lets see how  and if that works..

Something more or less positive came out of this. Thanks. Cake for everybody! 

147f7d543f3069bead1f5c96665538c5.jpg

Edited by ComCray

4 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Guys, come on. "Its why I've been running X solo" - "never do X missions public" - "why are you playing public".. sure thing. You think I'm new here? These are the same answers you get when bishing about Ember. When being annoyed about Limbo. Or a myriad of other [censored] stuff that happens.

This is a coop game remember?

If I REALLY want to play solo, I'll grab one of the gazillion singleplayer games I still have waiting. But I like WF for the Coop. Meet new people, show off my hard work at FashionFrame, show and see a bit of awesomeness.. all that joyous stuff that can be done in this game.

And sure,. when playing in pugs, expect unexpected behavior.. sure.. 

But don't you agree ME having to play solo, in a coop game, because others can't play nice in a group, is... is... downright silly?

If you play WOFEmber, you KNOW you might as well check that solo switch. 

If you plan on just rushing the vaults, why even bother to go into a public match?

This last time with the vaults that initially triggered me to write the OP, I happened to be with two low MR but very pleasant Tenno. We had fun. So I decided to tag along with them when they went for the spy mission. Thought maybe I'll give some tips and hints if needed. Maybe WE should have put the switch on inv only. But that was not the mindset we had. So we didn't. A mistake? Hardly. Naive? probably.

Whatever the case, IMHO, this again makes glaringly obvious our mission menu is hopelessly inadequate for split second decisions. I'd imagine the WOFEmber might have set the 'solo' switch if it was more readily available, if it was less finnicky, if the path to the initial mission wasn't already 3 clicks and actual visual effort too long.

So yeah, if it turns out this to be an issue, knowingly or unknowingly, most of the time people end up in pugs who really don't need or even want anyone else in their team, that'd be a good enough reason for me. People are lazy creatures. Like ALL of them. A good interface takes this in account and helps us not to think. That is NOT the case by the mission selection screens (and many others). 

So yeah. If that turns out to be the 'why' behind all this, I can live with it and convince my poor autistic brain not to get so upset about it. Lets see how  and if that works..

Something more or less positive came out of this. Thanks. Cake for everybody! 

147f7d543f3069bead1f5c96665538c5.jpg

Om nom nom!

Ok, I will do something that is not common for me.

I will speak about *feels*  - Run while you still can!

The thing is... I hate one sort of Pugs. You know who I am talking about - the entitled piece of Kubrow *cough*, that is selfish and does not care for his surrounding. The MR, game time or whatever of this Pug does not matter at all. I have seen it from MR 2-3 dancing around in Frost or Hydro prime, I have seen it from MR 24. Some people are just pricks and I can't do anything about them.

But they are not the only players, you know. 
We were all scrubs and noobs at one point. We were all being carried knowingly or not by random players, clan mates or friends.  I have been helped by random players in missions, regardless of the time, place or surroundings, without any question asked. Be it by the Lobster Prime supporting my greedy build, the Loki that came back to ress me, or the "fun killers" Ember and Limbo that were just soloing the encounters. And while I am far cry from the best player in the game (from gameplay perspective or behavior), even I have received the simple "thank you" or the flat out admiration from my peers.

Yes, sure Spy misisons are pain in the backside, especially in Sortie format - but I do not log in for another work or tasks. I log in to have some fun, blowing up 5-30 minutes on a bad sortie will not hold me back.

PS: That does not mean for DE not to fix the bloody bugs that are populating sorties. There is a fine line between ID10T codes and flat out bugs that are in the game for too long. Or the now "famous for all the bad reasons" Lephantis situation.