Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you remember most about the early days of Warframe?

Spartan336

Grineer Sawmen revving their saws...

First time I encountered the Infested...In a Grineer mission where they attacked, light went out and all heck broke loose. A literal sea of infested in the dark and me with a Braton and a Skana. Just watching myself slowly get bled out while running to any orb I could find to stay in it.

Grineer speaking English ( I miss that a lot).

Being Broke...Getting taken to a couple of Orokin Vaults and suddenly being rich.

The things I remember the most:

-The skill/upgrade tree of mods 1.0 where you could stack mods (13 +50% speed anyone?) and where you had to use a potato to be able to use your frames ultimate abilities.
-How every mod was random at a locked level.  You could get a mod with +15% range or +30% depending on luck  with no way to upgrade them.  Could even get dual-stat mods back then.
-The original battle-deck system before the starchart really existed.  If anyone thinks RNG is bad now or bad for fissure missions imagine every mission you want to do being RNG depending on what missions you drew from your "deck".  Want to do an Assassination?  Better hope you draw the card or someone is hosting....
-Rainbow Builds where you put in all elements and they procced with every hit.
-Armor ignorring damage and weapons where the flux-rifle was good because it was serrated blade damage that ignorred all enemy armor and dealt extra damage to infested.
-Forcefield damage (from the Kestral) which was a 100% knockdown chance.  So nice to knock bosses into pits
-Bosses weren't guaranteed to drop parts meaning you could run a boss 30 times and not get a single warframe part.
-Boss drops were physical items and could roll into pits or be pinned to walls/ceilings by the boltor
-When Nightmare missions were introduced no minimap was a possible condition, meaning no markers either.  Good luck doing your capture/sabotage runs without a map...and once the mission was over good luck finding the exit as the map generation back then led to much bigger maps with far fewer "cap" rooms

Edited by Tsukinoki

Why am I not meleeing/running?!...oh ya stamina.

I always wanted different abilities when we had to mod them in. I thought that's where they were going with the game. Being able to pick and choose abilities from an arsenal of mods. 

The zero help at the beginning. Start game, pick warframe, run missions. Simple and confusing.

Just now, theMongoose said:

Why am I not meleeing/running?!...oh ya stamina.

I always wanted different abilities when we had to mod them in. I thought that's where they were going with the game. Being able to pick and choose abilities from an arsenal of mods. 

The zero help at the beginning. Start game, pick warframe, run missions. Simple and confusing.

I disliked the stamina system so much. Glad they removed it with parkour 2.0.

I 'member...

"Stay close to the walls."  "Combat formation bravo!"  "Hey, leave my mother out of this!"

A required Earth defense node.  My only damage mod was heated charge.  I quit for a few weeks-months because I could not get past this node.  I didn't have Serration, Hornet Strike, or either multi-shot mod for a good long while, actually.  Then they moved it and replaced it with something actually sane if the RNG gods weren't smiling upon you.

The horrible "parkour" system.  About as fun as throwing grenades in Planetside 2.  They bounce unpredictably and never seem to accomplish anything making them frustrating to use as a result.

Finally, I remember how every damn prime had a part in rotation C TIII defense, and we were in the void all.  The.  Damn.  Time.

The game has gotten much better since those dark days.  Except the english Grineer.  Foreign speaking Grineer just don't do it for me.  Great, they have their own language - they might as well be mute if I can't understand them.

Let's see!

1) Having only the Excalibur, Loki and Volt for choice.
2) EVERYTHING IN A SHIP! I REMEMBER ALL BEING BLUE!
3) I still hold my Lato Vandal as a mark of pride and because I freaking love the Lato's model.
4) How people (including me) were so hyped out to get the Rhino.

OMG, those were the days! Still, I left when the Open Beta appeared and after that... when the Valkyr showed up. I took quite a few years off, but I was always following the game. Now when the Plains of Eidolon were announced I came back full force! Finished all the galaxy map, the quests and I'm still doing things. I freaking missed this game so much!

I started warframe on one of the first ester events. things have alwas looked a bit off due to it, becasue I rember egg crates and ears on things.

I also remember when the infested droped a lot more rares and auras where artifact cards. I think they went in the right direction with that a bit, but I also think the game got a bit less dark outright. ships feel more "clean" now. I loved the harrow quest becasue of the lights out sections.

6 minutes ago, heckraizer said:

The overall mood was darker [...]

This is what I miss the most !

It reminded me of that Dark Sector beta trailer, back when the PS3 was released ... I really liked how the game was darker and grittier, the lightning was claustrophobic and there was (even if only apparent) a sense of dread (kinda like Dead Space), Infested felt like the Xenomorphs back then .... I miss those feelings ....