Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is player limit 4?

Vapemastr420

So I've been playing for 1 and a half year. I played on multiple platforms. But one thing that bothers me is that there isn't any mission with player limit more than 4 (8 in raids). İf DE adds a mission where dozens of tenno can participate and create something beatiful like a 12v12 Conclave-ish objective based mission. Like there used to be solar rails. (Im not certain about how solar rails were since I am only playing for a year but judging from the vids I saw they look fun) I know this wont make into the game but just an idea. I think if this happens Warframe will always feel fresh with the new possibilites. Just sayin

I do feel that with them opening the world things might look a little different, possible raids.  But you also need to realize that 4 frames together are extremely strong when used properly.  If they did 8, that would be a little broken even for a godlike boss.  I think that a Raid might add 1 or 2 extra members to the raid.  But I feel as of right now it does feel balanced. 

Like I said before 1 more frame would be at a extreme advantage to the tenno right now, but if you are talking about level 120+ mobs then maybe it might even out.  

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

Probably for balancing 

1 hour ago, xSimox said:

I do feel that with them opening the world things might look a little different, possible raids.  But you also need to realize that 4 frames together are extremely strong when used properly.  If they did 8, that would be a little broken even for a godlike boss.  I think that a Raid might add 1 or 2 extra members to the raid.  But I feel as of right now it does feel balanced. 

Like I said before 1 more frame would be at a extreme advantage to the tenno right now, but if you are talking about level 120+ mobs then maybe it might even out.  

I have to agree with these Tenno.  So far the game seems to be balanced with the lone tenno idea in mind.  I say this because most if not all of the game balance issues don't really get broken until you have multiple Tenno together.  This is also assuming that the default balance level range is in the Sortie range.  

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Have you SEEN the level of CC and damage the Warframes have in 8 player Raids?

Put that in normal missions and everything will be a breeze.

Heck, the Raids would be a breeze if it wasnt for the puzzels...

Yea, imagine going to the plains and finding a group of 8 soundquake banshees. 

Edited by Miser_able

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Have you SEEN the level of CC and damage the Warframes have in 8 player Raids?

Put that in normal missions and everything will be a breeze.

Heck, the Raids would be a breeze if it wasnt for the puzzels...

I mean raids are still a breeze even with 4 players. Players find Lua spy hard too. Everything is a breeze in this game once you have done it 10 or so times. 

As @Miser_able has stated, it's mostly balancing and more bugs are likely to appear more than 4 players in a squad. I think it was one of the most recent devstreams someone asked along the lines of us being able to get 8 players in the Plains of Eidolon. DE's response was no for right now since it's really hard to balance and keep bug free. If you look at LoR and all of the raids, you can go up to 8 players and they've stated that it's the hardest to fix bugs with more and more players in a squad. 

Would it be fun with more than 4 players? Yes, of course. But, on the other hand they first need to know how to keep it bug free with 8 players.

We had bugs that allowed more than 4 people in a game.
It became a "feature" in Raids that allow 8 players.

But warframes all individually extremely powerful in their own right. 
Stack them and it becomes exponentially easier.
8 dudes will total entire games even if you filled it with nullifiers.

Edited by fatpig84

I would like more than 4 peoples in normal matches and more than 15-20 max on raids. The problem is this game is peer to peer and it cannot handle well the more unless they add dedicated servers and or the peoples whom play can rent servers for their games per month. Long ago it happend in one instance at appolodorus or other maps where there were more than 20-30 player in an instance but that was a bug and seemed less laggy but probably just because of a luck. That was a bug but if they balance the game around more then it could be capable to do more.

Another reason what some person above me said the balance. 4 person actually can be powerful enough to beat a 4x spawn of mobs if they have the needed gear for it now imagine 20 people in one instance and the number of mob spawn. 20x spawn and 20 warframe plus their companions and their specters which is actually can be 7 with the faction specters and the warframe specter so that massacre could kill "Overkill" low end pcs and probably could be unplayable because this game is not balanced around massive scale sieges like other games. It is not a mount and blade warband or pubg. I would like it cause actually I have a great connection with a good pc but always the hosts have bad connections and the game not let you host your game so randomly choose a host. I would pay for that if I can rent server for my friends and for my ex clan mates because I enjoy the game but only if there are not wooden pcs.

The majority of players don't have super server machines and corporate level network bandwidth. Which is why we are generally limited to 4 players in these Peer-Hosted games. You can already see where the 8 players in Raids like LoR start bringing the typical machine to its knees, for fully prostration. Let along having enough Upload Bandwidth from North American ISP to support the outgoing data needed to update the client machines simulations in a timely fashion.

Maybe if this was game was only in South Korea or one of the Scandinavian countries, and restricted to i7 (equivalent) machines with discrete GPUs....

Edited by Brasten

On 9/29/2017 at 3:40 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

I mean raids are still a breeze even with 4 players. Players find Lua spy hard too. Everything is a breeze in this game once you have done it 10 or so times. 

Was gonna agree with ya but then Jordas Verdict Trial Came to mind.... That mission either needs a coordinated group who are quick to learn things/ patient/ know what to do already. Otherwise it's a chore altogether to run compared to LoR.