Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Limbo Warframe

(XBOX)l Alexios l

1 minute ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

its because most of his powers revolve around rendering enemies unhittable or allies incapable of interacting with anything except the unhittable enemies

^This^

Limbo forces all other players to play by his rules. You don't get the luxury of using the weapons you want, or attacking the enemies you want, unless Limbo allows it. 

Some people will just say it's a bad Limbo player. But let's be honest, any Limbo in a PUG group is a bad Limbo player. Limbo belongs in solo, or pre-made groups. 

Just now, (Xbox One)Cooldog234jr said:

So his abilities never end?

I think it does but provided you can be energy efficient and keep refilling energy you can spam it like crazy... I am also sure you can greatly extend the duration... I am not very sure about his build but given the way he works I think you can prioritize his duration and range over power to make him untouchable..

Most of the people who play it and most of the people who hate it don't know how to play it/play with it.

It's godlike in any grineer-infested mission, basically anything that doesn't involve nullifiers, probably even more so with the invis kubrow. (its invis seems to work often but it's still RNG)

I seen a lot of good Limbo players while farming Hieracon and really bad ones prolonging low level invasions/alerts and spamming banish-not killing rift surged/banished enemies which can be problematic when you're not using a frame which can kill with abilities, this can usually be ignored by just staying far from Limbo or staying in the Cataclysm for energy if it's a harder than regular mission.

Limbo can be great for Kuva floods (you can just run around in operator mode from the non affected Kuva Guardians or kill them, doesn't matter they aren't much of a threat), Sortie defenses to make the VIP invulnerable and Excavation long runs (Mobile defenses too, but those are usually not hard anyways), the thing is though most missions are not all that hard so it's rare when Limbo in a team is really optimal making it to some seem like it's just a troll frame.

I'm not a good Limbo player and don't understand most of his mechanics.

What I do like about him and use a lot is when playing low level pugs to just go and stay in the rift drawing attention so that the lower MR players can kill enemies at their leisure.

Also I recently discovered he's great for discovering those hidden caches in certain missions.

people hate limbo cause he can disrupt the flow of battle as his powers

1. Banish- aoe targeting of allies an foes into the rift
anything in the rift cant harm things outside an vice versa an only expection is warframe powers can travel between planes.
allies can get sent in by accident for just being to close to what the limbo cast it on, an most forget or dont know that you can roll out of the rift an instead *@##$ that they got banished.

2.   statics- anything fores an projectiles in the rift will stand still till ability wears off or is disabled.
good for setting up barrage of fire on things in the rift.
once used with 4th power is the most annoying as causes only your melee to be usable as source of damage.

3. rift surge- this makes anything in the rift take more damage
no negative side of using this ability

4. cataclysm- makes a slowly shrinking pocket rift that doesnt allow for projectiles to go in or come out of it, while also everything in the bubble is in the rift plane.
Okish replacement for a frost bubble but with it shrinking an your inablity to deal damage to anything outside with your guns makes it also a hindrance. 
limbos second power combined with this makes a major reason why players dont like a limbo as there guns are useless  while inside the bubble.

Limbo is a frame that can be useful but in certain missions like a rescue he shines like gold cause can banish hostage as they will be afe while everyone gets to the exit.
a sortie deffense with a limbo is good for the same reason an for the fact he can be used as a revier for the team as long as stays int he rift takes no damage.
Limbo in the rift can pass through spy lasers without setting them off but drones that gaurd around will still set off alarm if see the limbo

While many find it a nuisance to have a limbo player in their squad, it really comes down to the skill and knowledge of the player and whether or not they know what annoys other squad mates. For instance when play limbo, I make sure to use stasis sparingly only in "Oh S#&$e..." moments like too many enemies at an excavator, or an ally is downed, personally running low on health, so on so forth. Plus whenever I use banish I make sure that my banished enemies are dealt with. I currently use the augments for Rift surge and Cataclysm to increase and scale my damage and make sure my bubble doesn't go down or decrease in range too quickly. But I still often run into salty players that complain about silly things or even just leaving the squad cause god help us a limbo is in our squad, and hardly know a thing about how I play him.

Edited by GuezMan

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cooldog234jr said:

I wonder why people hate him I never seen him public missions not have I played him, but why does people hate him though. 

example, last time I've played with a user with Limbo. It was on void fissures, when Limbo to the ****** thing no one can collect the reactants... the guy spawned that more than once. Enough to hate that and check every public void fissure to see it there is any Limbo, if there is, ABORT is my reaction.

Mesa with EO and in Limbo rift is pretty much unstoppable :/
Very minimal downtime even if there is no EV trinity.

If Limbo is considerate enough to banish a few goons, she can kick start her Dual Toxocyst in near absolute safety and just go nuts.

Edited by fatpig84

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

surge- this makes anything in the rift take more damage
no negative side of using this ability

Surge makes killed enemies perform a long range banish, pulling more enemies into the rift. Its augment increases limbos damage for every rifted enemy.

Once an enemy is surged you cant kill it without making every other enemies enter the rift and become unacceasible to you.

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Cooldog234jr said:

I wonder why people hate him I never seen him public missions not have I played him, but why does people hate him though. 

A day or so ago, the 3rd sortie was against Ambulus. I really like this boss fight, but a wild Limbo can completely ruin it...

All attempts to hack Ambulus were repeatedly interrupted by the Limbo in the squad. They didn't do it on purpose...they just didn't realize what they were doing. When I finally got some breathing room (trying to type with a controller while being attacked is a pain) and brought it to their attention, I got a "my bad" as a reply. I chose to abort as we were headed for failure at this point.

My next random squad was relatively low MR players that didn't seem to have a clue what to do and couldn't seem to kill anything, this was a thousand times better than playing with Limbo as they couldn't prevent me from completing the objective myself. This is why I don't like playing with random Limbos. I usually abort as soon as I see a Limbo player, when I don't abort 9 times out of 10 I will regret it.

Limbo needs to get dropped into a one-way rift along with Banshee's 4th.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

A day or so ago, the 3rd sortie was against Ambulus. I really like this boss fight, but a wild Limbo can completely ruin it...

All attempts to hack Ambulus were repeatedly interrupted by the Limbo in the squad. They didn't do it on purpose...they just didn't realize what they were doing. When I finally got some breathing room (trying to type with a controller while being attacked is a pain) and brought it to their attention, I got a "my bad" as a reply. I chose to abort as we were headed for failure at this point.

My next random squad was relatively low MR players that didn't seem to have a clue what to do and couldn't seem to kill anything, this was a thousand times better than playing with Limbo as they couldn't prevent me from completing the objective myself. This is why I don't like playing with random Limbos. I usually abort as soon as I see a Limbo player, when I don't abort 9 times out of 10 I will regret it.

Limbo needs to get dropped into a one-way rift along with Banshee's 4th.

Oddly enough I had the opposite experience on that same sortie mission - we kept losing Ambulas (Ambulases?) as they were re-hacked. Changed to Limbo and put the hacked one into stasis&cataclysm and they stayed hacked and we did the mission. As said above by @PsychedelicSnake I reckon it's the player more than the frame, but I do agree (as a Limbo player myself) that I can see why people don't like him.