Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Facts & Fundamentals of Focus 2.0

[DE]Rebecca

On 29.09.2017 at 9:48 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

-From the beginning I though that Channeling is 200% damage, but it was actually only 150% I was disappointed :/
Only Life Strike is great for Channeling to regenerate your health.

-All the rest channeling mods are useless because you need to sacrifice one mod slot, which means less damage because you could put there another 90% elemental mod, and for example quickening mod with -80% channeling will eat your energy very fast. All these mods need to have removed -% channeling efficiency to be actually used.

-Life strike in my opinion should be nerfed, in % drain health and in % max health gain per one hit, because when you play as a heavy armored Warframe like chroma you gain energy from rage mod, and can regenerate all lost health with one hit and all hard work of enemies damage was for nothing.

-Maybe channeling should be One click to eat energy and you can do as many strikes as possible, channeling after eating energy will last for 4seconds, and no matter how many attacks you do in those 3 seconds it won't eat more energy. Or eat energy per second, not per hit.
Channeling cost:10 energy for 4 seconds or 2.5 energy per second.

-About melee itself in my opinion it should have life strike for channeling inside of this mechanic already around 1% health drain and can heal up to 10% Warframe maximum health per hit. Life Strike mod takes one slot of melee and I had some problems with builds for Critical hit, shooting weapons doesn't have that much problem.

-Charge attacks should deal 8x or 10x damage and maybe ignore 50% of enemy armor (but only the attack, not reduce armor for long time), 4x is useless too low and some stances actually have 200% damage, 300% or 400% like Cyclone Kraken for machetes.

-Maiming strike mod and RIvens with Slide attack have 90%+ crit chance are broken, and to that crit damage. Making you ignore whole combo system from stances and just make slide, slide and slide attack over and over again dealing 30k+ damage per slide, this is rather boring and makes charge attacks even more useless.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:46 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road!

Not even close.
Glad to hear you're thinking about the mechanic, with an eye to revisiting it.

I'll try and recap:
tl;dr -
* Channeling bills per activation. This penalizes small, quick weapons, and makes blocking disproportionately risky. (Also, it's directional, and any gamemode with continuous spawns is going to surround you unless you're camping in a dead end.)
* Channeling competes in utility for resources with Warframe abilities - and loses by a landslide.
* Channeling mods compete for the opportunity cost of slots and points with global improvement mods - and mostly lose by a landslide. Most of the mods are either overcosted in their malus, or underperforming for it, when compared with the equivalent global mods, and all of them only affect a subset of attacks, a disadvantage not shared by the global mods.
Further, channeling requires that the melee be equipped. Between differing modding choices and the weapon swap time, a person who isn't dedicated to melee isn't likely to ever equip their melee. (Unless they're a newb without damage increasing mods, and ran out of ammo or their gun TTK can't compete.)

Base cost: 5 energy for every enemy hit, and every attack parried.
Block a Hind burst? 25 (unmodified) energy. That's virtually never better than using the same amount of energy for your first ability.
Slide attack through 5 enemies? 25 energy. That's rarely better than etc.

</tl;dr>

Reflex Coil: +60% Ch.Eff.
Focus Energy: +40% Ch.Eff
Total: +100% Ch.Eff, (capped at 80%, for a minimum of) 2 energy.

Life Strike: -140% Ch.Eff.
Corrupt Charge: -40% Ch.Eff.
Enduring Strike: -40% Ch.Eff.
Focused Defense: -140% Ch.Eff.
True Punishment: -60% Ch.Eff.
Quickening: -80% Ch.Eff.
Total: -500% Ch.Eff, for 25 energy a pop.

And that's without comparing the malus-mods to the ones without a malus, let alone the general use ones.

Corrupt Charge vs. Killing Blow: +100% Channeling damage multiplier (a distinction which isn't indicated anywhere but the arsenal, btw) w/ malus vs. +120% Channeling damage multiplier.
True Punishment vs. True Steel: +40% Crit chance, w/ malus, only affects Channeled hits (and, being a conditional modifier, isn't represented in the arsenal) vs. +60% crit chance, no malus, affects any and every hit.
Quickening vs. Fury: +20% attack speed, w/ malus, only affects channeled attacks (and, being a conditional modifier, isn't represented in the arsenal) vs. +30% attack speed, no malus, affects any and every attack. Add the existence of Primed Fury, and the comparison's even more lopsided; Quickening's even less beneficial.
Enduring Strike vs any melee dualstat: +60% status chance w/ malus, only affects Channeled hits (and, being a conditional modifier, isn't represented in the arsenal)  vs. +60% status chance, no malus, affects any and every hit. Only arguable downside is that it's bundled with an elemental damage increase, if one's aiming purely for slash procs.

Focused Defense could be beneficial by exchanging a warframe mod slot for a weapon mod slot, but unless I'm misrecalling the testing at the time, is additive with Steel Fiber et al., making it essentially useless in practice - I highly recommend reading the note on that page.

Some channeling mods come without a Ch.Eff. malus attached.
Enduring Affliction is one such example, and would be quite useful if Lasting Sting didn't exist.
One could argue that it's a cheaper option, modding-wise, but given the opportunity cost, I'd expect a person advanced enough to be modding for status to have the resources and inclination to choose the (significantly) more effective option.

Life Strike, Dispatch Overdrive, Parry and Reflection at least offer (almost) unique abilities. Parry, however, costs a huge amount of energy due to channeling mechanics, and is ineffectual against ranged attackers; and Reflection is an amusing gimmick in T2-or-lower missions, but fares poorly due to Warframe's enemies' Health/Damage asymmetry, and that's before factoring in damage reduction from Damage 2.0 multipliers, armor, locational DR, auras, and so on.

Honestly, Parrying's most effective use is in free autoparrying for the counterattack finishers, and frames with the toolkit to capitalize on that tend to have an in-kit tool (e.g. Radial Blind) to achieve the same goal more reliably, faster, at range and likely for less energy cost.

I think that was everything.

3 minutes ago, kyse said:

wait so NARAMON wont have stealth anymore?

You read the front page? Because the exemples are bad as hell.

This one is better

On 06/10/2017 at 7:28 PM, Archwizard said:

Took some notes on each of the Focus trees, so here you go:

• Each tree will require 100 capacity from the focus "Pool" up top in order to cap out, which took about 5 million focus to do, excluding the costs of nodes
  • Each tree has 2 "Residuals", one of which is always the starting node, the other will be a single-node branch
    • Residuals are proc effects that are activated by entering Operator mode or using your Operator ability, and remain active for the remainder of the mission
    • Residual nodes are hexagonal
  • Each tree has branches for the Void Dash, Blast (melee) and Mode (stealth crouch), respectively
    • These nodes will increase the energy cost of affected abilities in addition to the bonuses provided
    • Nodes on these branches are circular and are unlocked with the War Within
  • Each tree has a branch with two "Way-bound" nodes 
    • Way-bound nodes are Operator passives that, as their capstone rank, can be "unbound" to use with any Focus school active
    • Capping (or "unbinding") the final rank of each Way-bound effect requires a "Brilliant Eidolon Shard" to unlock, in addition to 1 million Focus
    • Way-bound nodes are also hexagonal
  • Once unlocked, individual nodes of the tree can be deactivated at no additional cost
  • Unlocking nodes will no longer increase the cooldown of your Operator ability
  • Transitioning to/from your Operator occurs more quickly, and Operators will inherit momentum from your Warframe if you switch mid-parkour
    • Operators can now slide and have new death animations
    • Ability energy is now separated from the Void Beam ammo, and features a new UI element
  • Amp weapons for your Operator affect the beam attack, and can apparently be ranked up; no other information is provided
  • Some of the passives available in the previous iteration of Focus will be available as Arcanes (although which have not been specified - here's hoping for Shadow Step)
  • I didn't provide the growth values, because all provided values are subject to change

NARAMON

Reveal hidden contents

Starting node (RESIDUAL):
Affinity Spike (6 ranks) - Increased Affinity from Melee kills

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Power Spike (4 ranks) - Increased melee damage

Branch 2:
Executing Dash (4 ranks) - Instead of throwing enemies, Void Dash opens them to finishers and increases finisher damage taken
Surging Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash base damage and damage radius (ie width) are increased

Branch 3:
Disorienting Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to Confuse enemies (a la Mind Spike, Chaos, Irradiating Disarm)
Disarming Blast (6 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to Disarm enemies (a la Radial Disarm, Nyx's passive)

Branch 4:
Void Stalker (4 ranks) - Entering Void Mode increases melee Crit Chance (stacks a la Point Strike) over 5 sec, but this bonus diminishes over 20 sec upon exiting Void Mode
Void Hunter (4 ranks) - Enemies within range can be seen through walls while in Void Mode (a la Zenith)

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Mind Step (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator movement speed (including slide speed)
Mind Sprint (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Dash travel distance

VAZARIN

Reveal hidden contents

Mending Unity (4 ranks) - Increases Affinity range

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Mending Soul (4 ranks) - The next X revives after activating Operator will be instantaneous

Branch 2:
Protective Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash grants damage immunity to allies it passes through (including the user)
Sonic Dash (4 ranks) - Instead of throwing enemies, Void Dash releases a traveling shockwave that stuns enemies

Branch 3:
Guardian Shell (6 ranks) - Void Blast can be charged to create a barrier that drains Operator energy when struck, instead of health
Guardian Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast restores a flat amount of shields to allies struck

Branch 4:
Void Regen (4 ranks) - Void Mode periodically heals the user while active
Void Aegis (4 ranks) - Void Mode emits a protective barrier that grows to a maximum size over 5 sec

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Enduring Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator health pool
Rejuvenating Tides (4 ranks + capstone) - Operator regenerates health every second

UNAIRU

Reveal hidden contents

Mirror Flare (6 ranks) - Passively reflects a percentage of taken back to attackers

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Stone Skin (4 ranks) - Operator and Warframe armor are increased (stacks a la Steel Fiber)

Branch 2:
Sundering Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash will reduce armor of enemies it passes through
Crippling Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash will reduce damage dealt by enemies it passes through

Branch 3:
Magnetic Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast places a personal Bullet Attractor on enemies struck for a limited period
Unairu Wisp (4 ranks) - Void Blast has a chance to summon a Wisp that can be picked up by allies to increase their Operator damage dealt

Branch 4: 
Void Shadow (4 ranks) - Void Mode grants invisibility to allies within range
Void Chrysalis (4 ranks) - While you channel Void Mode, invisible allies within range gain mitigation

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Basilisk Scales (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator armor
Basilisk Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Blast effect radius

ZENURIK

Reveal hidden contents

Energy Pulse (6 ranks) - Energy Orbs grant a percentage of bonus energy over (inversely affected) time

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Inner Might (6 ranks) - Increased Channeling efficiency on melee attacks

Branch 2:
Energizing Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash leaves behind a zone that grants an energy regeneration buff to allies who pass through it (a la the armor buff from Hallowed Ground) for 30 sec; players can stack the effects of multiple Zenurik users' zones at once
Lightning Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash creates ball lightning that travels slowly and zaps nearby enemies

Branch 3:
Temporal Blast (6 ranks) - Void Blast slows enemies for a period
Voltaic Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast chains to nearby enemies for increased damage

Branch 4:
Void Static (4 ranks) - Void Mode emits an electrical pulse on activation that deals Electrical damage in a radius
Void Singularity (4 ranks) - Void Mode pulls enemies within range towards the Operator while active

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND):
Void Siphon (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator Energy regeneration
Void Flow (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Operator Energy capacity

MADURAI

Reveal hidden contents

Phoenix Talons (4 ranks) - Increases all Physical damage dealt

Branch 1 (RESIDUAL):
Phoenix Spirit (4 ranks) - Increases all Elemental damage dealt

Branch 2:
Blazing Dash (6 ranks) - Void Dash leaves a trail of fire (a la Nezha) that deals Heat damage over time
Meteoric Dash (4 ranks) - Void Dash deals a flat amount of additional damage to enemies

Branch 3:
Flame Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast shoots a Fireball that explodes after a delay period, dealing a multiple of the initial Blast's damage
Rising Blast (4 ranks) - Void Blast's base damage increases, and it can be charged for additional damage

Branch 4:
Void Radiance (4 ranks) - Temporarily Blinds enemies within range after leaving Void Mode
Void Strike (6 ranks) - Void Mode generates a buff to your Operator's next damaging attack outside of the cloak, which stacks for every second that the Operator was cloaked

Branch 5 (WAY-BOUND): 
Inner Gaze (4 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Beam/Amp ammo capacity
Eternal Gaze (6 ranks + capstone) - Increased Void Beam/Amp reload speed

I hope DE continue working on the operator to make them more smooth because right now, they are really boring compared to Warframes. All they need to do is look at inFamous: Second Son and take some inspiration from that. Operator still looks jerky and twitchy in the Prime Time, with just some new little additions to the fluidity of going out and going in. Combat still looks really stilted and boring, they don't have stealth finisher attacks (which would be an amazing addition!) and overall combat is stale. It would be really cool to have stealth finishers and for operators to be proper stealth utilities because combat with them doesn't look fun. 

11 hours ago, ExtraTerramanndo said:

At first I didn't get it...10 shins..that's a good one....how long did you spend editing that just to deliver that pun.. :\

Just the time it went to google the image.  

You are not the first to confuse Teshin's name as TENshin.

Not gonna lie, but I feel like the operator passives are pretty much a band aid for all the issues the operator have had since day one. Kinda sucks that instead of fixing them based on feedback ages ago, you are now addressing these issues by forcing the user base to unlock all focus trees and spend a gazillion points on each to try to fix said issues.  I honestly feel the majority of my existing focus points will be wasted getting my operator not to be a slow, low hp, low energy guy, when all of those changes should be base operator reworks and not unlockables. I mean, I would not mind an operator hp passive, for example, provided you guys had fixed the tiny 100hp no shield values operator have by defaults in the first place.... But being forced to unlock and level up vasarin just so my operator isn't a squishy wet towel that gets one shot by LVL 30 grineer sucks.

But alas, you guys love Band-Aid mods and solutions instead of fixing the underlying gameplay and balancing issues directly, making us acquire expensive and time consuming Band-Aids that restrict our choices because they become pretty much mandatory .

3 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Not gonna lie, but I feel like the operator passives are pretty much a band aid for all the issues the operator have had since day one. Kinda sucks that instead of fixing them based on feedback ages ago, you are now addressing these issues by forcing the user base to unlock all focus trees and spend a gazillion points on each to try to fix said issues.  I honestly feel the majority of my existing focus points will be wasted getting my operator not to be a slow, low hp, low energy guy, when all of those changes should be base operator reworks and not unlockables. I mean, I would not mind an operator hp passive, for example, provided you guys had fixed the tiny 100hp no shield values operator have by defaults in the first place.... But being forced to unlock and level up vasarin just so my operator isn't a squishy wet towel that gets one shot by LVL 30 grineer sucks.

But alas, you guys love Band-Aid mods and solutions instead of fixing the underlying gameplay and balancing issues directly, making us acquire expensive and time consuming Band-Aids that restrict our choices because they become pretty much mandatory .

They didn't bandaid it you idiot. They have an entire armor and arcane system not shown of yet dedicated to fixing those problems. The focus bonuses are just that, bonuses. The real changes come with the armor, weapon, and arcanes.

Just now, GrimR3APER said:

They didn't bandaid it you idiot. They have an entire armor and arcane system not shown of yet dedicated to fixing those problems. The focus bonuses are just that, bonuses. The real changes come with the armor, weapon, and arcanes.

Fixing flawed base gameplay with additional tools. Sounds like a band-aid to me.

3 minutes ago, letir said:

Fixing flawed base gameplay with additional tools. Sounds like a band-aid to me.

Oh IM SO SORRY THAT ADDING MULTIPLE ARMORS AND WEAPONS IS CONSIDERED A BAND-AID TO YOU. Its not a band-aid, how could adding additional tools and gameplay levels be bad? It even makes sense, unlike warframes, operators SHOULD need armor to increase their health and give them shields. 

Do not forget the enforcement of the abilities your Operator already has, Void dash,beam etc.  So your operator should also have to spend focus points to improve operator abilities which should be logical, except I do not yet see how that is like "Training" for the operator.  I honestly do not understand why people dislike the Operator aspect so much, just because you're as slow as a slug and squishy like one, you should just give up on the operator altogether eh, just leave him/her disabled and provide passive support?  Just because the game is called "Warframe" and "hey...that's not a warframe! e.e"  The guys got a story to tell and DE pulled a mind bending move apparently by saying WF's are controlled remotely rather than having a person being in the suit like Power Rangers, that was a cool move.  So I don't know about you guys, but my operator needs some fresh air,sunshine 'n exercise so I see nothing bad about this update as of yet.

Also...so his name is Teshin, okay then..

31 minutes ago, ExtraTerramanndo said:

Do not forget the enforcement of the abilities your Operator already has, Void dash,beam etc.  So your operator should also have to spend focus points to improve operator abilities which should be logical, except I do not yet see how that is like "Training" for the operator.  I honestly do not understand why people dislike the Operator aspect so much, just because you're as slow as a slug and squishy like one, you should just give up on the operator altogether eh, just leave him/her disabled and provide passive support?  Just because the game is called "Warframe" and "hey...that's not a warframe! e.e"  The guys got a story to tell and DE pulled a mind bending move apparently by saying WF's are controlled remotely rather than having a person being in the suit like Power Rangers, that was a cool move.  So I don't know about you guys, but my operator needs some fresh air,sunshine 'n exercise so I see nothing bad about this update as of yet.

Also...so his name is Teshin, okay then..

Its one of the things that you must roll your eyes to.

Sure the voice lines need work, we have all agreed on that, but there are some people who take their "hatred" for the Operators to the extreme:

I met someone who said will never complete TSD because of them. You know what that meant for him? Never go beyond Neptune. Because he didnt unlock Pluto before Junctions were added. I pointed it out to him... and he was like "I dont care", my response was just a "I just hope you are at least having fun, thats all that matters", and it ended there. I met another saying he wanted DE to get rid of the Operators else he and his clan would quit, others who say the Operator Mode is terrible and that DE needs to fix it... and now that they ARE fixing it, they are screaming to leave them alone and forgotten... and I just saw in the complain thread in GD a guy saying he wouldnt play the Plains of Eidolon because of it. Like... 60wat?

Its almost the same with Archwing, DE plans to improve it and people complain because they are improving it even if they asked for improvements.

Its better not to think about it, roll your eyes and move on, because for all the childishness they complain about the Operator having, they are being worse.

Now, lets go back to the point of the thread, this is going off topic.

On 06.10.2017 at 6:46 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

As we continue our refresh of Focus, here is a brief update on Zenurik’s development since this Dev Workshop was originally posted.

But! Before we delve into the specific changes to Zenurik, if you wanted to take a closer look at the changes to Madurai and Zenurik’s trees, Rebecca and Megan did just that on last night’s Prime Time:  

Hide contents

Now onto Zenurik: 

• With a focus on Energy Overflow in the first pass of the devworkshop, we want to give Energizing Dash a formal introduction. Here’s how it works - When you perform a Void Dash as your Operator, an AOE bubble is created, in which you or your allies can pass through its zone to gain 5 energy for up to 30 seconds on the latest build. The bubble may be recreated at any time simply by Void Dashing again, and its energy regeneration may be refreshed if traversed. 

For a demonstration of Energizing Dash in action, here’s a clip from last night’s Prime Time:

Hide contents

• The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

As with all things in the final stages of development, these are subject to change. We will keep you in the know as we work backstage. 

Please, before introducing these new fancy features into the game, try them in laggy environment with ping over 100-150. One of my last kuva hunts was a hell. There were situations when I switched to operator, used Void Blast on a guardian, Void Dashed, and switched back to Warframe, but only saw how the guardian had fallen to knees and lost her Kesheg, only when I was through the drill I saw rapid transition to operator and back to tenno. This was with ping barely higher than 100. It's very common to have annoying delays before operator actions when playing as client.

This is another unnecessary layer of complexity. IMHO, the game does not need it.

On 9/29/2017 at 2:48 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • The Inner Might passive originally (at the time this devworkshop was posted) granted up to 50% more Channeling Efficiency on Melee. We’ve since increased that to 60% in an effort to breathe a bit more life into Channeling. On the one hand - right now is that enough life? Possibly not. But we are boldening a bit to revisit the mechanic down the road! 

I'm sorry, but that can't breath life into Channeling. It's a terrible mechanic that virtually no one uses that needs to go away in favor of something that won't waste precious mod slots and energy that is much more important for abilities because those do infinitely more to keep you alive over channeling.

3 hours ago, GrimR3APER said:

Oh IM SO SORRY THAT ADDING MULTIPLE ARMORS AND WEAPONS IS CONSIDERED A BAND-AID TO YOU. Its not a band-aid, how could adding additional tools and gameplay levels be bad? It even makes sense, unlike warframes, operators SHOULD need armor to increase their health and give them shields. 

Because if the core problem is the base gameplay (imo, it is), then adding armor and stuff doesn't improve their gameplay, just their stats. It's a band-aid.

The more I've thought about it, I've realized that my problem with the Operators is two-fold:

1) I can't stand the movement-based ability mechanics. I'm not a big fan of Warframe parkour already, particularly having to crouch to do a super jump (bullet jumping after sliding is nice, but just holding the jump key to jump higher would be nice as well), so I'm not a fan of having to crouch to Void Dash. And binding slide to the Sprint key instead of letting us sprint and crouch doesn't make much sense to me. I understand that crouch is tied to Void Mode, but the solution, imo, is to decouple crouch and Void Mode, and thereby, crouch and Void Dash. Let crouch be crouch and bind Void Mode to another key.

Beyond that, I don't like how DE's handling Operator abilities. I don't think all schools should have the same abilities with different effects and buffs (and I'm don't really care much about the buffs). I think each school should have different abilities that reflect their descriptions. That would make each school much more interesting to me because it would make them so much more diverse.

2) I don't like the Operator system being designed around continually popping in and out of your Warframe. That is not fun to me. I'd rather the Operators be designed like the Focus 1.0 system, where you build up a meter and then your Operator is like a sort of unleashed mode with limitless Void energy for a set duration, or maybe designed around just staying in Operator mode. For me, either would be better than how the Operators are designed now.

Really, what I think I'd like is if playing as Warframes and Operators isn't something that is meant to complement each other (again, I don't like popping in and out all the time) but gameplay options that are a matter of choice: do you play with your stronger tried and true Warframes with their weapons and limited energy pools or do you play with your Operators, which are weaker, but have limitless energy and more powerful potential. Operators are supposed to be the Tenno no longer limited by their Warframes; at least, that's how TSD and TWW presented them. So, I think the gameplay should reflect that. Operator abilities should be in some way more powerful than Warframe abilities (maybe this should be the case when you've maxed out a school). So your tradeoff between playing as Warframes and Operators should be more durability-less power or less durability-more power, imo. Having Warframe and Operator gameplay be an endgame matter of choice would be better, imo, than having a limited Operator mode that is required in certain situations and designed around continually activating and deactivating Operator mode.

3 hours ago, GrimR3APER said:

Tools are bad when developers don't fix root of the problem and instead feed players with additional (mandatory) "temporal solutions".

Like adding Drfiting Contact and Body Count instead of simple Melee Counter fix.

Or adding some mandatory armor to make your paper-thin operator actually viable in mid-game.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

By that logic, adding better weapons is a band-aid.

It's Power Creep.

When players ask: "Please, fix insane armor scaling" and DE answers: "Shure, just take this Corrosive Projection Aura" - this is band-aid solution.

Archived