The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons you seem to use but no one else does

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Hikou Prime

Dunno how nobody has tried a status build on it since it's base speed is so fast coupled with a fast reload.

Azima

I have a riven for it that makes good work out of anyone I point it at.

Reaper prime

Or any scythe really. I currently have a riven that adds extra range and it feels so good.

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

@Ventasis there was a chance you meant both/either so I took the initiative, and they both seemed relevant. 

And actually, comparing an "old" standard secondary to a prime that's been buffed twice and still has 5/5 (which it in no way deserves now, but that's beside the point) is a bit out of line. And even THEN, the fact that magnus with a riven is only a few K behind sicarus prime with a riven on burst DPS (I'll admit, the sustained DPS is a bit lacking) with similar status probability, actually counts for a LOT.

Also if you're looking for a stronger revolver then look no further than the Pandero. Sure it looks a bit odd, but a revolver it is.

I don't consider the Pandero since it has an odd cylinder. I'm talking about a more traditional revolver. Sicarus being buffed is irrelevant to the comparison, what matters to me is what stats it has right now, not what it had in the past. "only a few K behind" is a stretch. 

8027.446 TOTAL DAMAGE    74494.699 BURST DPS     22438.162 SUSTAINED DPS         

35196.372 TOTAL DAMAGE   114869.226 BURST DPS   63256.882 SUSTAINED DPS

As you can see here, sicarus has substantially more damage than magnus. Almost 3x sustained DPS. Not "a few K". Also "similar status probability" isn't true either. Sicarus fires much faster meaning its applying several times more status/s than magnus. If you're concerned about comparing a prime to a standard weapon, you can try two more and find similar results: Vasto P vs Sicarus P & Magnus vs Pandero. Regardless, I'm bored of discussing this ;o

Edited by Ventasis

1 hour ago, Ventasis said:

I don't consider the Pandero since it has an odd cylinder. I'm talking about a more traditional revolver. Sicarus being buffed is irrelevant to the comparison, what matters to me is what stats it has right now, not what it had in the past. "only a few K behind" is a stretch. 

8027.446 TOTAL DAMAGE    74494.699 BURST DPS     22438.162 SUSTAINED DPS         

35196.372 TOTAL DAMAGE   114869.226 BURST DPS   63256.882 SUSTAINED DPS

As you can see here, sicarus has substantially more damage than magnus. Almost 3x sustained DPS. Not "a few K". Also "similar status probability" isn't true either. Sicarus fires much faster meaning its applying several times more status/s than magnus. If you're concerned about comparing a prime to a standard weapon, you can try two more and find similar results: Vasto P vs Sicarus P & Magnus vs Pandero. Regardless, I'm bored of discussing this ;o

Actually I had my own old sicaris riven overwriting your riven, that was my bad.

Venka Prime

Mara Detron

Lanka.

But i do understand why people don't use the lanka, that 3 times scope gives me motion sickness due to how fast i have to move while inside the aim (crit multiplier will only apply if the shot land while you're scoped, if you unscope while the shot is on the air it doesnt count).

Mara Detron is a mess to mod though.

I've been running around with the Grinlok a lot ever since I discovered it was a lever action rifle after thinking it was another sniper for the longest time and loving it. Can't say I've seen anyone else using it.

I hated the Jat Kusar's 5% status chance when it was released, but it quickly became my new favorite melee weapon after testing a few builds and it has replaced my Lacera, both of which I haven't seen anyone else use (though I did see a few fans of these weapons in this thread).

The Kesheg quickly became my favorite Polearm when it was released and still is due to how it looks and the lore behind the weapon. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who uses it.

I was one of the few who didn't hate the Twin Basolk upon its release and really enjoy using it to this day with Rift Strike and Condition Overload. Has anyone seen anyone else using these recently?

I could come up with other little quips on weapons I use that I haven't seen anyone use in a while, but I'll just make a quick list of the others:

Miter, Javlok, Twin Rogga, Ack & Brunt, Prisma Dual Cleavers, Halikar, Vaykor Sydon, and Ripkas. Yeah, I use a lot of Grineer weapons. Trey rum Kwuim.

I've got a lovely riven for the Spectra that makes it quite nice. Not the same tier as my usual loadout choices, but it's enough for me to pick it up when I'm slacking off and just have some fun. Love the aesthetic & lore for the Spectra, so the riven was a huge plus. (I also noticed, due to the magic of Ctrl+F, that nobody has mentioned the Spectra in the thread at time of writing this)

So, now with right riven and couple of formas we can make almoust any weapon kind of beasty.

Some of mine favorites that not so popular: Prisma Tetra - outscale SomaPrime and so pleasant to shoot, Harpack - only crits, tons of damage + hook, Serro - very easy to modify only for type of elemental damage that I need, so plasent to watch how Corrapted Bombards melt )

Honorable mention: Death Machine Rifle - riven + 8 formas but was totally worth it

Braton and Burston Prime. I understand Burston, since not everyone likes burst fire, but the Braton is sexy and powerful, why doesn't anyone use it? The Latron Prime as well often gets overlooked. 

Also, the Penta. Oh, the Penta. I've probably blown myself up more with that than any other weapon and I still love it. 

Caustacyst. I got a nice Riven for it, giving me the equivalent of Primed Fury and Primed Reach combined. I have so much fun turning into a blender of death.

Pox. Love the full gas build while playing as Spore Saryn, or the nearly instant armor stripping build in other cases.

Despite the weak disposition, I don't remember seeing anyone else using Atomos.

Amphis and Omha. Amphis is my most used weapon since I gave it to my nova and never switch it out. It was later replaced by the ohma as it provides the same utility as the amphis but is better in every way. As to the reason why, it is because the slam attack locks down enemies for my aggressive nova playstyle.

After completing all the weapons I've stuck with my Kohm, Sicarus Prime, Lesion/Zenistar setup - since I have very good rivens for all of them.
But recently I've started to forma all the primaries and I gotta say I have a thing for the Tiberon.
Can't even remember seeing anyone using this in pubs so yeah, Tiberon <3

Meh, my go-to everyday loadout (also my most used) pretty much falls under your description.

Zephyr, Kohm, Cerata.

I do once in a blue moon see someone using a Kohm too but they were never fully leveled and the few times I make a comment on it like "Hey, another Kohm user!", the response has been more-or-less "Nah, just leveling it.", sometimes adding "It's a great weapon, but not for me."  ;_;

But hey, it is what it is lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow