Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Dev build overview of ALL Focus Schools

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

38 minutes ago, (PS4)SaintRain459 said:

Vazarin looks good. The more hp I can get for that squishy biscuit, the better.

Yup, I think out of all universal passives that and the zenurik universals are likely going to be the best to aim for first 

Looking at it all now... I gotta say... it's all pretty meh... it really just makes it annoying to gain energy... I feel that's all it's done.

As far as I know you STILL cannot link a school to a WF build, and as I never remember to go to the back of my ship to manually change schools as I'm changing frames between missions, I guess I'll just use Zenurik and only use the operator to charge energy... That I now have to do twice a minute?? egghhh. I was looking forward to these changes, but as the way-bound passives are so limited it all just seems redundant and with extra indefinite steps to accomplish what we've been doing for 2 years already.

Everything else feels as pointless to level as before TBH... at least from the initial outlook... I guess we'll see when we get in game.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Now that I see their Schools, I can see the intent behind their changes.

If you are going to make players grind every school you can at least equip them to do so from the outset.

So since every school is going to be integral for advancing, DE should be providing new players with 1 of each lens as opposed to forcing them to pick a school and only getting that lens.

19 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Looking at it all now... I gotta say... it's all pretty meh... it really just makes it annoying to gain energy... I feel that's all it's done.

As far as I know you STILL cannot link a school to a WF build, and as I never remember to go to the back of my ship to manually change schools as I'm changing frames between missions, I guess I'll just use Zenurik and only use the operator to charge energy... That I now have to do twice a minute?? egghhh. I was looking forward to these changes, but as the way-bound passives are so limited it all just seems redundant and with extra indefinite steps to accomplish what we've been doing for 2 years already.

Everything else feels as pointless to level as before TBH... at least from the initial outlook... I guess we'll see when we get in game.

Pretty much..max pulse and dash out call it a day. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Now that I see their Schools, I can see the intent behind their changes.

If you are going to make players grind every school you can at least equip them to do so from the outset.

So since every school is going to be integral for advancing, DE should be providing new players with 1 of each lens as opposed to forcing them to pick a school and only getting that lens.

Agree with this

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Agree with this

You mean you guys don't have at least 3 schools opened ?
 Most people I know open at least 3 on average (cos Zenurik and Naramon OP then 1 more of their choice).

Heck I know of Founders who nearly maxed all 5 schools.
4 just seem pretty common on the PC side.

Edited by fatpig84

I personaly am far far way from being maxed out. It was a stupid idea dat you only can farm focus after these strange yellow orbs are spawned. More often the not they spawn right then when you have lost you stealth bonus or right befor you go into a spy vault. Because of that i don't get even half of the dailys cap not even a quater of it. I have more things to do after work then waiting for the next yellow orb so i can try to get focus. It is way to slow even with greater lenses.

22 minutes ago, Tekaia said:

I personaly am far far way from being maxed out. It was a stupid idea dat you only can farm focus after these strange yellow orbs are spawned. More often the not they spawn right then when you have lost you stealth bonus or right befor you go into a spy vault. Because of that i don't get even half of the dailys cap not even a quater of it. I have more things to do after work then waiting for the next yellow orb so i can try to get focus. It is way to slow even with greater lenses.

you should know that the yellow orb are just multiplier (currently x6, in poe I believe it will be x8), just having a lens equipped makes you gain focus amounting the affinity you get from said frame/weapon "x" times the multiplier of each lens (which will increase in poe with the addition of a new lens type) and the fact that affinity boosters gives you double focus (if you have one). BUT of course waiting for the yellow orb is still the best to maximize your focus gain and I feel that the focus cap should be between 300-450k.

4 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

Most people I know open at least 3 on average (cos Zenurik and Naramon OP then 1 more of their choice).

I just unlocked Madurai and Zenurik as sidegrades... didnt go far with them: just 2 nodes unlocked.

I decided to just leave Focus be and farm passively and since my Favorite weapons had Vazarin lens...

Edited by Kaotyke

12 hours ago, Emolition said:

You mean the 1mil to unblind the universal passives?

They'll probably increase focus gain by quite a lot, they just added those high costs initially so people with maxed out current focus trees can't instantly max out the new ones.

6 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

That's not what I said...

9 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

...Is what I said.

7 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

They'll probably increase focus gain by quite a lot, they just added those high costs initially so people with maxed out current focus trees can't instantly max out the new ones.

So my guess is they are going to use a really steep focus point curve between unlock and max out to make sure newer players aren't discouraged but vets still have to work for it.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I just unlocked Madurai and Zenurik as sidegrades... didnt go far with them: just 2 nodes unlocked.

I decided to just leave Focus be and farm passively and since my Favorite weapons had Vazarin lens...

This sounds like my experience as well...

I'm not a fan of fiddlin' with stuff for little potential gain and chose stuff I could get to simply. 

Whilst I am not super hyped about the focus changes as it pretty much means just some more grind I will nevertheless still grind for them and experiment to see what is actually practical. I mean I can do the sorties and the star chart already without the operator so other than fighting the new boss type in the plains I'm not sure what they will actually be useful for. That's currently my biggest concern. Again I don't see any scaling within the skills having had a quick glance so I'm not expecting changes or anything different in future content. 

With most other changes (nerfs) whether it was new abilities, buffs to other weapons whatever there was generally at least one thing I looked forward to.  With this change to the focus I see

• nothing that would improve my WF experience. 
  • nothing that would seem to make operator play 1/10th as interesting or enjoyable as WF play
  • Several changes that will negatively impact CURRENT WF experience
  • a ton of completely useless nodes (as there were on the original trees)

I mean

- void dash through an enemy to remove 75% of that enemies armor? when there are corrosive procs, corrosive projection, seeking shuriken, corroding barage, etc - basically hundreds of ways to do it better, faster, or on larger groups of enemies without breaking out emo.

- try to chase down an ally with your slow-arsed operator hoping to dash through him only to give him a whopping 6 seconds of invicibility?  lulz.  Any scenario requiring a WF to go invincible will likely mean your ally cant stand around waiting for you to dash through him.

- or how about void mode reduces damage taken by invincible allies - WTF?  if they are invincible how can you further reduce their damage taken?

Some personal opinions for anyone that cares.

Obviously I haven't touched the rework yet but I'm pretty disappointed with some of these changes. And also I don't know how significant the operator's role would be for normal gameplay or Eidolon fights. So I'm just basing these off our normal gameplay.

Madurai

1000 damage fire trail + 400 damage upgrade... With those numbers those are going to be completely useless. And I'm sad that the IPS passives are gone. Adding slash to any weapon that you want is pretty freaking good even though the rest of the Focus 1.0 kit are garbage. Can't really comment on the void blast upgrades till I see the stats on the blast itself. Void Radiance is garbage (15 operator energy for 10m blind lul) and Void Strike is way, way too slow to be practical in normal gameplay.

Zenurik 

I suppose the operator energy related stuff is decent. 5 energy/s over 30 seconds doesn't sound too terrible tbh and there's always energy pizzas. The rest of the kit are complete garbage. A bunch of trash damage upgrades and electric procs on what's supposed to be the "caster" tree is rather out of place don't you think? And melee channeling efficiency? The one feature that they have never touched ever since its conception? Why? Why is this here? There better be a damn good channeling rework in the future to justify this existing.

Vazarin

Protective Dash might be good? Insta revives is still there and HP passives are always good. Shield might be good but probably not good enough to be a viable tank. Overall the best ability tree IMO aside from that 100 shield upgrade.

Unairu

Stone Skin is alright. Void Shadow + Chrysalis and Sundering Dash might be decent. Basilisk Gaze I feel is going to be needed to make the other void blast upgrades usable. And they have made something that's even more useless than Puncture procs' 30% damage reduction in the form of Crippling Dash's 25%. Congratulations. 

Naramon

I know Shadow Step is bound to be neutered one day but gee golly what a joke.

There's like two upgrades that are even worth mentioning - Affinity Spike and Power Spike, assuming these works on normal melee and not another operator hijink. The rest are bad.

Let's not forget that a lot of these are at max level which will take a metric f**kton of time to grind. Unless they're buffing focus gain I think I'd stay out of this operator business. 

Edited by TotallyLagging

21 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

Let's not forget that a lot of these are at max level which will take a metric f**kton of time to grind. Unless they're buffing focus gain I think I'd stay out of this operator business. 

-> Eidolon Lens

-> Convergence giving 8x from 6x

-> Cap raised to 250k

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

We don't know how Eidolon Lenses are acquired, but my money is on "Borderline impossible, just shell out Platinum."

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Wasn't it confirmed that they are drops from the biggest "bounty" missions?

And we will soon have threads complaining that those Lenses are all people get.

It was the same with Lens, it was the same with Greater Lens, it will be the same with those.