Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, how is the open world for you guys?

Nailliw

I think I had my expectations too high, because the open world just feels like a normal dungeon to me, just bigger.
1- Invite your group to the squad

2- Go to the open world (which is basically a big dungeon, it might be hard for some to realize this, but just think about it for a minute, it's just a very big dungeon, there are even walls around it blocking your way for exploring any further)

3- Extract after completing mission

And I think people can't even join you, I think what people wanted was to kill those big Eidolon robots with at least 20 people around it by finding other groups in the open area doing other stuff and maybe interact with them somehow.
Also, the new area, the town right before the open world, that's pretty much just another relay.

And the open world doesn't even feel like open world, when you go to outside, the door doesn't just open, you get teleported to a dungeon instance (your game even caps at 30 fps at the moment, then the same also happens when you are extracting, you're getting teleported back to the relay.

Don't get me wrong though lol, I'm still enjoying this, I just wanted to hear some opinions on this matter.

That's not a real open world, it's like MGS5, everything in the game just happens to be in the same big map. An open world is like FO4 or TES5, which consists a lot of interactions and quests, but DE did very good on this nonetheless considering they had limited time and resources. They should add more random events and small quests to fill the empty space, and fix the matchmaking system which is broken AF before move on to a new plain.

Edited by Marvelous_A

20 minutes ago, Nailliw said:

2- Go to the open world (which is basically a big dungeon, it might be hard for some to realize this, but just think about it for a minute, it's just a very big dungeon, there are even walls around it blocking your way for exploring any further)

this is exactly what they announced

DE never called it "open world"
they always called it "Landscapes"

you have to blame the community for calling it open world

this update is exactly what i expected its a close to 2.5x2.5 square km big room with caves and an amazing landscape to explore and play
the only this that really sucks about PoE is that thanks to the update i only got 1 hour sleep before work
but i guess that's not DE's fault

I am not at home right now and yesterday hasn't that patience around 23:00 at night to wait for this update to download at least. I am sure everybody knew this was a mess when released because every update have compatibility issues with the curren state of the game so it will needs some week to fix things and be at least barely playable. Not tested it yet so I cannot say my build is good enough for it but certainly enough just the server side still buggy. So what is your first experiences beyond the lag-mess? There is any requirements for this map to play or just a spot on Earth and that's all?

Also interested in how the fishing and mining going?

9 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I am not at home right now and yesterday hasn't that patience around 23:00 at night to wait for this update to download at least. I am sure everybody knew this was a mess when released because every update have compatibility issues with the curren state of the game so it will needs some week to fix things and be at least barely playable. Not tested it yet so I cannot say my build is good enough for it but certainly enough just the server side still buggy. So what is your first experiences beyond the lag-mess? There is any requirements for this map to play or just a spot on Earth and that's all?

Also interested in how the fishing and mining going?

Cetus and the plains are both nodes on earth. You have to go to the plains through Cetus first before you unlock the node for it. Honestly the plains ran pretty well for me which surprised me since I play on a pretty standard asus laptop I got for tech school. I haven't fished yet but it seems it's required if you wanna use archwing in the plains.

The music and atmosphere is nice and the grineer enemies are a nice change of pace. Although it seems there is going to be a lot of grind this update, but we'll see how things pan out.

2 hours ago, Nailliw said:

And the open world doesn't even feel like open world, when you go to outside, the door doesn't just open, you get teleported to a dungeon instance (your game even caps at 30 fps at the moment, then the same also happens when you are extracting, you're getting teleported back to the relay.

actually its not, i had a spectre follow me back into cetus and out again, both times going through the doors, the twin doors are just a "zone" that either give you or take away your weapons depending on which way you enter from

and i believe the massive fps drop is the system setting up everything and alternating which map you're joining

Edited by Arcanolath

3 hours ago, Nailliw said:

I think I had my expectations too high, because the open world just feels like a normal dungeon to me, just bigger.
1- Invite your group to the squad

3- Extract after completing mission

And I think people can't even join you, I think what people wanted was to kill those big Eidolon robots with at least 20 people around it by finding other groups in the open area doing other stuff and maybe interact with them somehow.
Also, the new area, the town right before the open world, that's pretty much just another relay.

Don't get me wrong though lol, I'm still enjoying this, I just wanted to hear some opinions on this matter.

That's your fault for expecting too much and overhyping it. I never expected it to be more than 4 in a party. From what ive watched so far, it looks great. Just a bigger, more open and leisurely version of what we currently have.

Dont forget that this is their 1st attempt, it will be patched and probably expanded upon. and other planets will get open areas, which may be large in size.

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

That's not a real open world, it's like MGS5, everything in the game just happens to be in the same big map. An open world is like FO4 or TES5, which consists a lot of interactions and quests, but DE did very good on this nonetheless considering they had limited time and resources. They should add more random events and small quests to fill the empty space, and fix the matchmaking system which is broken AF before move on to a new plain.

Always the plan, to be sure.  Their business strategy just allows PC users to be on the front lines of real-world beta-testing with bugs and server load testing.  Ultimately, the entire community feels like extended family with a hand in the "growing pains" process while implementing their Vision and it also allows them to control expenses as a smaller company.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Not bad, I don't play a lot so far but initiall impression is very satisfying, as old fun of TES games it very pleasing to walk wherever I want and do some random stuff, definetly would be my reclamation place after Hiero, Akkad, and Kuva grinding. GJ DE.

1. Crashes a lot when I complete any mission, bounties or random events in the plains

2. Fishing is REALLY slow and boring but necessary for crafting.

3. Minimap is really bad on the plains, really hard to get your bearings, know what distance enemies are from you and gos knows how many times i got lost and just aborted.

4. Gara quest iI found to be weird and wayyy too quick and boring. Hey, go here and scan a thing, then here and scan a thing. K done. I wouldn't say its a bad quest ONLY because Vay Hek keeps taunting you and he's hilarious (also because it doesn't require long tedious codex crap like it was with Nidus just for one blueprint).

5.They put this antechamber thing between Cetus and the plains that is just a hidden loading screen, except a fade to black to load a map is in my opinion better and more expedient when for w/e reason your squad of friends are humping the doors trying to leave Cetus and all the game does is say "waiting for players" when everyone is there.

6. The Eidolons only take damage from operators. Or maybe until you kill their shields, I wouldn't know because operator combat is S#&$ and I don't have 99999999999 focus to get him what he needs

7. Cetus needs a foundry and a place to mess with focus I feel because going back and forth over and over between cetus the plains and the orbiter is really annoying.

8. The grind is still very real, specially for the bounty system, where half of the rewards are bad. Even for people that started the game say a day ago those rewards are still just random mods you can get anywhere.

9. You need to keep going back and forth between Cetus and the plains to get another bounty, how about you put a console or w/e on the entrance to cetus from the plains that just has the bounty list to pick from? It's not like you cant spawn missions to players while they are on the plains, since you do the random quest thing already.

10. Put a marker on the entrance to Cetus to make easier to get back one you are done with your 4 hour fishing spree and forget where the hell the entrance was.

11 minutes ago, Kriegsherr said:

4. Gara quest iI found to be weird and wayyy too quick and boring. Hey, go here and scan a thing, then here and scan a thing. K done. I wouldn't say its a bad quest ONLY because Vay Hek keeps taunting you and he's hilarious (also because it doesn't require long tedious codex crap like it was with Nidus just for one blueprint).

DE said the difficulty of the quest would be lower for new players this time.

I have 2 problems,and im not talking about a crashes... 1 is that its boring to jump and running over and over againg when you finish the mission and coming back to city and if you go abort then you lost everything that you collection. Second is that bullets are to slow and I can not shoot the ships and flying enemies,they are hardcore enemy and they can kill you fast if you are alone or nube. And because o that you can lost a lot of ammo and I never had that problem before... but in the end this is the best update and because of it warframe is going to become epic game

Edited by Vlada91