The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Launcher is prohibitively expensive

Guest masterninja1098

4 hours ago, Pyrippo said:

That said, I agree with everyone saying that the materials used in the research for the Archwing gear should have been something, at least, not stuck behind a side-activity. Having it available from the beginning would throw the progression and discovery; but having it stuck behind a completely irrelevant activity makes no sense whatsoever.

I kept looking for the key for aw launch in the plains. I thought it was bugged until I found out how massively important oil is and how every single thing require standing with the Ostron.

Archwing should imo have been linked to tenno instead, it is a Tenno-device and it feels incredibly low-tech to use a burning oil in this far-into-thefuture verse.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:51 PM, FierceRadiance said:

I'm one of the few people I know that don't mind the grind, so long as it will get me what I want; put another way, grinding for a chance at what I want frustrates the poo outta me (and everyone who knows me says I'm FULLA poo!) So that's a lot of frustration.

But a question occurs to me, which may not be answerable at this early point:

How quickly are the Archwing charges used up, compared to how long fish oil takes to collect?

I'm thinking you're going to be using at least two charges per mission -heading out and heading back- PLUS however many you use during the mission. If the ration between how much time it takes to collect fish oil vs. how fast you use the changes up is even CLOSE, then the system needs tweeking. If it takes a half-hour to accumulate enough fish oil, but the resulting charges get used up in an hour.....that's a bad deal, and one Tenno should take a pass on. IF that's the case - I haven't built any yet, so I don't know.

Based on my Titania play I could wind up using up half to all of my charges in one hour long session. Assuming I do not get knocked out of Archwing once. Archwing disables the use of sentinels so if I want to grab any loot I need to put my feet back on the ground, you also get 1 shot out of it by any explosives. Not sure if you can use the Nossam Cutter while in Archwing, I do know that Titania pixie mode allows it though.

If the cutter cannot be used with Archwing then I would say just get yourself a Titania with high amounts of duration and efficiency. It basically does skywing but better, and the dex pixia with a good high power secondary shreds anything and everything on the plains.

Not sure how the Archwing would be with bounties, I stopped doing those because they are ultimately pointless. Maybe I will see how Titania handles them, especially since she is showing to be really good against anything airborne.

On 2017/10/14 at 11:39 PM, modalmojo said:

It is like in order to ride your horse in Red Dead Redemption - you must keep winning the poker game and use the money to feed the horse.

Oh I didn't play this game but I guess you don't feed it every time you call your horse and it possibly doesn't get one-shot and knock you out of your horse by a single stray bullet. And did I mention our warframe can walk across the map like real fast so AW feels like redundant in the first place and purely for the lulz?

Edited by Marvelous_A

Better off grabbing Titania, then your flight is only limited by energy and added bonuses: you can use the mining laser while in pixie mode, and you got distractions that can keep the enemy busy. Further the Dex Pixia with a good secondary weapon to get stats off of will shred any and all air units.

Here is an idea.  Make the item to call the archwing infinite use and add a 2nd item to the foundry that gets used up instead.  The new item is an Evac beacon that when used creates a evacuation zone and any players in the zone get a context to be picked up by their drop ship to leave with all their progress.

10 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

Here is an idea.  Make the item to call the archwing infinite use and add a 2nd item to the foundry that gets used up instead.  The new item is an Evac beacon that when used creates a evacuation zone and any players in the zone get a context to be picked up by their drop ship to leave with all their progress.

Throw in some cheap to make flares that highlight targets (and maybe fish) in their radius.

There are better ideas to make consumables then the Archwing charges.

47 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

Better off grabbing Titania, then your flight is only limited by energy and added bonuses: you can use the mining laser while in pixie mode, and you got distractions that can keep the enemy busy. Further the Dex Pixia with a good secondary weapon to get stats off of will shred any and all air units.

This is exactly what I've been doing on the plains these days. Titania is just so useful.

BTW, Dex Pixia feeds off your primary weapon mods, rifle or shotgun, not secondary.

Basically by farming 1 hour you get to save around few minutes time of walking (given you don't get instant shot down), which is probably one of the dumbest trade in Tenno history ever. After my clan finished the research I bought the bp and decided to just leave it alone.

Just now, erox21 said:

Using renewable energy instead of fish oil :crylaugh:

How about considering the companions that help fishing/mining lol

Kavats could occasionally snag a fish out of the water, and Kubrows could dig up minerals.

Sentinels could get a mod that scan for minerals in a wide radius.

1 hour ago, Ohforf3 said:

Exactly the same as i thought. Archwing should be infinite. And the evac system could be a nice replacer if DE wants us to use a ton of ressources.

1 hour ago, Ohforf3 said:

I totally agree with this because it gets tiring to have to travel to the door at Cetus to return back. Having an option like this would make it a lot easier and more enjoyable for people who want to do just bounties then extract right away. The Archwing Mode should also let you use your Archwing weapons because they shouldn't just collect dust, make them actually usable so they are of some use. 

In order to gain some mobility and save a little time, we must spend hours standing immobile. Feels like a total troll lol.

Fishing is ok, for the first 10 minutes, now the sight of water fills me with me dread. I have fishing PTSD.

Given that this whole area is MADE for archwing travel, it is silly that you have to farm for an hour for 50 charges. Once you get into archwing mode you're not just gonna stay there, you're gonna enter and exit it, which means you'll use like anything from 2 - 10 on usual stuff. Should you really spend an hour farming like every ~10th visit to the plains? It will make the archwing thing completely undynamic. People brought up air support charges, but let's be honest here, how often do you use them? How often do you see others use them? I very rarely see people use the air support stuff and those are pretty easy to make, this isn't. All the usual stuff you can at least get by just playing the game, this you need to stop what you're doing and go specifically to farm for fish.

Fish Oil is raw material to craft LotusMax ArchOil Fuel Additive, required for the archwing`s motors to make the additional effort required to generate lift against the strong gravity pull. Otherwise the motors would just blow up. 

Also grind. 

It`s not that it requires fish oil, it`s the amount it requires. Cutting the requirements down to 50% or 20% of the current ones, and I stop complaining. 

Oh, and doing Titania and Zephyr QoL passes would be great too. 

12 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Then use that Fish Oil to rank up a mod, collect Focus energy, level a Warframe or weapon—you know, important stuff.

It's designed to waste time. Don't be obtuse.

Fish oil... How about those hover bike used in Destiny2? Or maybe a consumable item which boost operator' health &/or stats, as operator can consume the fish oil (pills) for supplements.

11 hours ago, LordLokai said:

you can fish at any water area, just pull your harpoon out and wait a few they spawn when you use your spear they dont show up otherwise... but its still a weird option for the launcher...

Not any water... I still prefer fish spawning as normal as per plain' pest (animals), and not a set condition for spawning. Allows players to better manage their time, rather than sit and afk in a spot and wait for fish to spawn or appear.

And maybe, fish will stop spawning for xx seconds/minutes/hours/session after xx amount of fish have been caught in that water/lake (except ocean), as fish run into hiding.

Well, thanks to the absurd requirements for using Archwings in PoE, I think I can fairly safely say that Titania is on its way to being the new meta on Plains.

Wait - What if that was DE's sneaky plan all along? To increase Titania's popularity by making Archwing a pain to use on the Plains? /s

Has anyone mentioned that the grineer get dropships but ours cant make it to the plains to collect us? They get flying scooters (dargyns or however its spelled) but we cant get any ridable mounts? They have mortar turrets and gatling turrets with huge arnor and hp but out puny airsupport turrets are stolen level 30 inaccurate corpus tech?

Since when did the grineer get better tech than us? Theirs dont run on fish oil either.