The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: Do you regularly use Operators more than you absolutely have to?

Toran

Yes. 
With the amps the operator can kill level 50 grineer and level 100 corpus in a single shot, it's brutal & it's actually faster for me to shoot with my operator than it is to holster & get my primary or secondary out. Is it great for all content? No. But most? More than enough.

47 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

???

Explain....

Void Dash is extremely fast at base.

Then combine with Zenurik's Void Overflow and you can Void Dash 7 (maybe 8 at max, not sure yet) times in a row.

Then get one of Naramon's waybound and double the distance you Void Dash.

No. Slow, clunky, fragile, terribly animated, even worse writing and voice lines and the game play involved in switching to and using them is neither fun nor engaging. Especially compared to sleek, fast, powerful, agile Warframes that attracted me to this game. 

Also, a pre-teen kid merc who runs round murdering people...isnt really my cup of tea.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:40 AM, Toran said:

Please answer with Yes or No, followed by a very brief commentary why. Thanks.

Yes, because my operator does almost as much damage as my warframe with his amp. I can also shoot giant fireballls while sniping with the amp + teleport around the amp

Edited by Vladimir

No, I only jump in to get the passive buffs and that's about it. I absolutely hate fighting as operator. I waited for focus rework for so long then they made Unariu even worse...... having to actively fight with Void Dash to remove armor and dmg from enemies.. Really now? It's a DEFENSIVE focus for f*cks sake...it shouldn't be centered on being offensive. At least the invisibilty part of it is about protection....

2 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

No, I only jump in to get the passive buffs and that's about it. I absolutely hate fighting as operator. I waited for focus rework for so long then they made Unariu even worse...... having to actively fight with Void Dash to remove armor and dmg from enemies.. Really now? It's a DEFENSIVE focus for f*cks sake...it shouldn't be centered on being offensive. At least the invisibilty part of it is about protection....

Unairu is the Paladin focus. The main aspect of Paladins is buffing allies and debuffing enemies. Unairu does this quite nicely at the moment, IMO.

Just now, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Unairu is the Paladin focus. The main aspect of Paladins is buffing allies and debuffing enemies. Unairu does this quite nicely at the moment, IMO.

Except that it wasn't estabilished as a "paladin focus" when it came out. It was about pure defense and they retconned it. Not just that, I didn't even get to choose what school to invest points in after the rework which is unfair, now I am sitting on 8 million remaining unwanted Unariu focus because they changed it so drastically and didn't even refund into "neutral points" properly to give us a choice and hammered me into the school that's not what I signed up for.

Just now, Tsunero said:

Except that it wasn't estabilished as a "paladin focus" when it came out. It was about pure defense and they retconned it. Not just that, I didn't even get to choose what school to invest points in after the rework which is unfair, now I am sitting on 8 million remaining unwanted Unariu focus because they changed it so drastically and didn't even refund into "neutral points" properly to give us a choice and hammered me into the school that's not what I signed up for.

You'll want to max every Focus school at some point anyways, since they all provide useful tools and improve Operator playability, which is going to be vital if they continue to add more Operator-focused content

As to the OP, yes, I love using my Operator. I try to find as many uses as possible where it will enhance the capabilities of my Warframe. Be it extending Bullet Jumps to triple the distance, adding CC to my Chroma's kit, or surviving what would normally be a fatal debuff, the myriad arsenal the new Warrior Operator has given me is proving quite useful. Not to mention, the Fashionframe possible with the new gear is pretty nice.

Just now, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

You'll want to max every Focus school at some point anyways, since they all provide useful tools and improve Operator playability, which is going to be vital if they continue to add more Operator-focused content

As to the OP, yes, I love using my Operator. I try to find as many uses as possible where it will enhance the capabilities of my Warframe. Be it extending Bullet Jumps to triple the distance, adding CC to my Chroma's kit, or surviving what would normally be a fatal debuff, the myriad arsenal the new Warrior Operator has given me is proving quite useful. Not to mention, the Fashionframe possible with the new gear is pretty nice.

But I won't. I despise the focus grind and was only willing to invest in one tree. If they force in even more operator crap that requires to have multiple schools mixed I am out.

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

Yes if they had unique fun movement with the world around them beyond a cloaked rhino charge... like warping reality and standing on ceilings and walls...

So No. Because of above.

I'd love if they could add movement options like that, and was actually hoping the Warrior Operator upgrade would unlock new options like that. It makes sense they'd be able to do so, given the Warframes are able to wall-cling due specifically to Void energy attaching them to the wall.

A quick double tap for passives or a dash for energy, kuva collection, resetting Stalker resistances and dashing to cover distances in the plains are all I use the Operator for. Farming Eidolons isn't worth it as the time spent assembling a squad, fighting it and keeping all of the lures alive is too much effort and time compared to just using Ivara to farm Vonvulysts. So, no, I don't use the Operator unless I have to for mechanical reasons.

I don't even use them that much when I should.  When collecting Kuva, I usually take the role of crowd support trying to draw aggro and keep Kuva cloud lanes clear for the rest of the squad to get them.  Only when I run into a player even worst at getting Kuva clouds than me (rare) do I bother going going for them.  I don't even brother killing guardians anymore as they come back too fast to make it worth while.  Instead, I just keep the ones there busy and off to the side away from the siphon as best as I can.  Other than that, I use the operator to break resistances when I am armed with crappy weapons and the stalker appears.  That is about it.

I am not necessarily against operators, however; I picked Unairu finding its powers were not as described and the weakest of the schools.  Combined with the lack of lens dropping my way and the permanence of their installation, I never bothered.  Because I never bothered, I learned to play Warframe largely without them.  With the re-work it seems like far too much to bother still.  It seems to take way too many points to get anything and involves more than just collecting focus now, and those activities don't interest me and look like they would be far too much grinding of something I don't enjoy for operator stuff I barely use.

DE is going to have to make the grinding for operator stuff more enticing for me to want to bother.  Otherwise I am just going to ignore that content unless it interferes with the part of Warframe I do play.  It if gets in the way too much, I will probably move on to a different game.  After all, I have already had a good run with Warframe at this point and don't necessarily need to continue.  I would like to, but not at the expensive constantly doing something I don't really want to.

No. Only been using my Operator to try and bring down an Eidelon , if I need an energy regen boost, or if I'm on Lua and need to reset the resistance for regular Sentients. If I need more Kuva (hopefully not...) I guess I'll have to dust off my Operator then as well.

Edited by MirageKnight

No.

This isn't Operatorframe. It's Warframe. For me, it doesn't have to go any deeper than that. I don't mind the operator/frame relationship from a storytelling point of view. That makes no difference to me, but I don't particularly enjoy the hokey minigames that force you to use the operator for gimmick mechanics.

As far as I'm concerned it's immersion breaking. Your operator isn't riding around inside the frame. It's remotely connected through transference. But oh, wait! Now we can manifest ourselves in the physical world while our frame, you know, the thing with real power, stands there like a mannequin.

Anyway, no. I don't begrudge those who do find enjoyment in it, but I am not one of them.

Ive been experimenting with my Naramon operator. I like dashing though enemies to make them all susceptible to finishers. Unlike Excals radial blind, it doesnt wear off either. You will continue to do finishers on all enemies affected until they die. This could be good or bad depending on how you view it. It feels like a combo that im getting better at though. 5, dash through enemy, 5, do finisher. Theres still a bit of disorientation between operator and frame though.

Void blasting them to disarm and confuse is also helpful to some frames that cant do so themselves. 

I wasnt a fan of this warrior operator direction, but im making do since its there.

Edited by Hypernaut1

On ‎16‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 8:42 PM, Kaotyke said:

Did you just answer your own question in your own thread?

Yeah, I did. I didn't want to influence answers with the orginal post by mentioning my own stance to the operator, although the question itself did that to some part.

Yes a lot and would like to use it more in new missions involving operator like controlling the orokin prime worm etc.

The operator needs more health and shield and be able to customise them more for battle... It's time they show their faces and fight like beasts. More fighting and less hiding behind a remote controlled frame suit.