Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality needs to go, or get reworked.

Hixlysss

1 minute ago, Almagnus1 said:

Who says you need a macro for the Atterax?

Works just fine mashing E once you get the combo multiplier up high enough that sliding doesn't do that much.

Yeah, that's what I meant by multihit AND maiming strike weapons. It can do both. It can be a beast with Sparking Torture Combo on Burning Wasp, Base combo, or go full cheese mode and spam slide.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant by multihit AND maiming strike weapons. It can do both. It can be a beast with Sparking Torture Combo on Burning Wasp, Base combo, or go full cheese mode and spam slide.

Hehe, the Atterax is the main reason I can't take the claims of powercreep too seriously.  LOL

Wow, whole lot of crying about a mod that is only useful in solo stealth runs with a weapon category that is garbage without the mod.  Daggers are complete garbage without CL.  You could have the greatest riven ever rolled, but the moment you see something above level 50, you're dead.  And if you don't like a mod, don't use it.  If you don't use the mod then it has ABSOLUTELY ZERO affect on you.  Zip, zilch, zero, not a one.  Unless you're crying because someone was able to kill something faster than you or was able to kill more things then you, in which case, just play solo until you can grow up.

On 10/24/2017 at 7:45 AM, kgabor said:

I don't know about you all but daggers are far from useless,  Rakta Dark Dagger is one of my most used melees and i don't even need to open up for finishers most of the time to make it work: http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Rakta_Dark_Dagger/t_30_222200003_238-6-3-266-7-3-315-8-3-372-4-3-488-2-10-557-3-3-729-1-10-733-0-10-793-5-5_733-7-729-7-488-7-557-7-372-7-793-15-238-7-266-7-315-10/en/4-0-111

The 100% damage increase is always useful and when the instagib is needed, it's always there when i use Inaros or Savage Banshee.

It's the best mod ever created and imo. should be extended to sniper headshots.

ooooh, that build is similar to mine, except i use viral....which may actually be bad in the long run......might switch to gas+mag for the lulz

I've recently been using Equinox a lot too after i grinded for it and just ranked it up and left it as dust catcher long ago, such a fun frame and opens up for a new level of play with finishers and i even managed to figure out a good color scheme that made both forms look good.

This just made me like daggers even more.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:10 PM, Sanxxieh said:

Covert Lethality mod is absolutely the best dagger mod. Rivens are still good as long as you roll proper stats on them. 
A dagger is short, single target, low damage weapon. It's only power is the fast attacks and this mod allowing you to finish prone enemies.
There is many other, much stronger and much better weapons than daggers.

Also there are examples of warframes taking a huge impact on this mod being eventually removed or nerfed - Ash for example. His 3rd ability will be close to useless at later lvls. While now, it helps a lot, yet is not broken.

So no. Covert Lethality should stay as it is.
But that is just my opinion. =3

i have a question, i recently tried using my fatal teleport build with my nikana prime, and i killed a lvl 120 corrupt bombard in one finisher when it took me two to kill the same enemy with a covert lethality dagger.  can you tell me how a covert lethality dagger works better for ash over any other melee weapon?  

from what i understand, daggers only have a 3X stealth multiplier, while practicly every other weapon has an 8X multiplier

Just now, (Xbox One)Neon Lights9212 said:

from what i understand, daggers only have a 3X stealth multiplier, while practicly every other weapon has an 8X multiplier

Have you read what Covert Lethality does?

It does LETHAL damage on finishers. Fatal teleport means you do a finisher attack. Which means, the enemy dies.

Covert Lethality is a mod that increases the base attack damage of single daggers and deals lethal damage on finishers.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Lethality

Just now, krc473 said:

Have you read what Covert Lethality does?

It does LETHAL damage on finishers. Fatal teleport means you do a finisher attack. Which means, the enemy dies.

Covert Lethality is a mod that increases the base attack damage of single daggers and deals lethal damage on finishers.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Lethality

yeah i know what it does, but ive used it on a 120 corrupt bombard with my fatal teleport build, and it took me teleporting to the guy twice just to kill him with a dagger. but only once with my nikana prime.   im not discounting covert lethality, im just wondering how i didnt one shot the thing with my dagger

yeah i know what it does, but ive used it on a 120 corrupt bombard with my fatal teleport build, and it took me teleporting to the guy twice just to kill him with a dagger. but only once with my nikana prime.   im not discounting covert lethality, im just wondering how i didnt one shot the thing with my dagger

Did the finisher trigger?

I have noticed that fatal teleport does not always trigger. Sometimes, I have to do it twice just to trigger the finisher.

Just now, krc473 said:

Did the finisher trigger?

I have noticed that fatal teleport does not always trigger. Sometimes, I have to do it twice just to trigger the finisher.

im not sure, it always activated with 100% consistancy when i used my nikana, but sometimes even when the enemy staggers, my ash doesnt perform a finisher when im using my dagger.  fatal teleport might be the thing that needs fixed, not covert lethality

im not sure, it always activated with 100% consistancy when i used my nikana, but sometimes even when the enemy staggers, my ash doesnt perform a finisher when im using my dagger.  fatal teleport might be the thing that needs fixed, not covert lethality

I have found that with Inaros blinding sand Covert Lethality works 100% of the time.

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Neon Lights9212 said:

ah, thats interesting... maybe its cause im xbox?  that could make all the difference... 

Just tested it.

Ash Fatal Teleport + Rakta Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality.

Happily one hits a level 150 Corrupted Bombard Eximus.

Same effect when I use another frame to blind.

Some effects with Nikana Prime.

Could just be that it is a Xbox One/PS4 only issue.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Just tested it.

Ash Fatal Teleport + Rakta Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality.

Happily one hits a level 150 Corrupted Bombard Eximus.

Same effect when I use another frame to blind.

Some effects with Nikana Prime.

Could just be that it is a Xbox One/PS4 only issue.

yeah, seems like it.  hopefully it gets fixed soon then

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Neon Lights9212 said:

i have a question, i recently tried using my fatal teleport build with my nikana prime, and i killed a lvl 120 corrupt bombard in one finisher when it took me two to kill the same enemy with a covert lethality dagger.  can you tell me how a covert lethality dagger works better for ash over any other melee weapon?  

Hiya,
it is an old Ash bug, that sometimes Fatal Teleport Mod does not work and you'd need to press E to perform a finisher. That is another reason why I say CL mod is crucial for Ash. Imagine fighting a lvl 400 bombard... your Nikana Prime would need a few hits, 4-5 probably. while with CL dagger it will be 1 hit kill or two hits kill if the first one bugs and you won't press E on time. x3 Lvl 700 bombard? like 8hits with Nikana, 1hit with CL dagger... and... lvl 2700 bombard? =3 still 1 hits with CL dagger while Nikana... welll.... =3

Lenz/ Opticor can empty a room in split seconds: nobody bats an eye

CL can take out 1 enemy at a time: everyone loses their minds

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Read my post a few pages ago. I'm not disagreeing with your CL premise, but Daggers are not hot garbage without it.

You know what, you're absolutely correct, CL dagger is not the only nor the best way and that's exactly why CL has to stay. Even with CL guaranteed insta-kill daggers are still not the best choice...because all the melee weapons are literally better than them. On stats, or on stance. Daggers are nothing without CL and using daggers with CL gives you no real advantages over any other melee weapon. We all know a random melee will still be a better choice than dagger...and CL is what makes dagger worth something.

Edited by Marvelous_A

12 hours ago, PolarisER1 said:

Wow, whole lot of crying about a mod that is only useful in solo stealth runs with a weapon category that is garbage without the mod.  Daggers are complete garbage without CL.  You could have the greatest riven ever rolled, but the moment you see something above level 50, you're dead.  And if you don't like a mod, don't use it.  If you don't use the mod then it has ABSOLUTELY ZERO affect on you.  Zip, zilch, zero, not a one.  Unless you're crying because someone was able to kill something faster than you or was able to kill more things then you, in which case, just play solo until you can grow up.

Read my post a few pages ago. I'm not disagreeing with your CL premise, but Daggers are not hot garbage without it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Atterax disagrees.

So does Jat Kitag, Nikana Prime, Fragor Prime, and Galatine Prime.

I mean, there's no stabby prime for a very good reason... it would be called Primed Poop.

32 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

Atterax disagrees.

So does Jat Kitag, Nikana Prime, Fragor Prime, and Galatine Prime.

I mean, there's no stabby prime for a very good reason... it would be called Primed Poop.

no they don't disagree. They're just top tier weapons. I've already showed how a dagger without finishers is still better than any sword in game.

Fragor Prime is good for damage, but the status chance is non-existent, thus really only good against unarmored grineer, corpus, or infested. It does HORRIBLY against armor. Nikana Prime, Galatine Prime, War, etc. all top tier weapons, and primes. It's more fair to compare a karyst to a nikana, regular galatine, fragor, etc. A Karyst Prime/Stand-Alone Prime Dagger with a nice crit chance would really push the dagger class to top tier, maybe even better than the ones you listed.

6 hours ago, Sanxxieh said:

Hiya,
it is an old Ash bug, that sometimes Fatal Teleport Mod does not work and you'd need to press E to perform a finisher. That is another reason why I say CL mod is crucial for Ash. Imagine fighting a lvl 400 bombard... your Nikana Prime would need a few hits, 4-5 probably. while with CL dagger it will be 1 hit kill or two hits kill if the first one bugs and you won't press E on time. x3 Lvl 700 bombard? like 8hits with Nikana, 1hit with CL dagger... and... lvl 2700 bombard? =3 still 1 hits with CL dagger while Nikana... welll.... =3

just to let you know, you should pay attention to the conversation i had with someone else... my nikana one shot things that my dagger didnt

2 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

no they don't disagree. They're just top tier weapons. I've already showed how a dagger without finishers is still better than any sword in game.

Fragor Prime is good for damage, but the status chance is non-existent, thus really only good against unarmored grineer, corpus, or infested. It does HORRIBLY against armor. Nikana Prime, Galatine Prime, War, etc. all top tier weapons, and primes. It's more fair to compare a karyst to a nikana, regular galatine, fragor, etc. A Karyst Prime/Stand-Alone Prime Dagger with a nice crit chance would really push the dagger class to top tier, maybe even better than the ones you listed.

And that's the exact point I'm making.

If the weapon isn't top tier, it's just MR fodder.  At least CL gives daggers a very niche place.