Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Twitch Drops System Change

[DE]Taylor

Sweet! Though I hope Twitch\DE realise, if their software only works, and notices a stream per computer, some will more than likely just be running several virtual computers to have several streams still counted as active. If there is still a way, the people will find it. We all know that, hehe.

Edited by RixyuuKage

36 minutes ago, TheBulldog said:

IMO the worst thing is the "diversity" of drops, and that almost all of them are terrible.

• Frost Deluxe Skin, Smoke Colors, Hunhow Sentinel Mask are obtainable once, if you get more it's lost drop. (well, you get Frost Helmet, so yay for arcanes?)
  • Vectis and Wyrm are good one time drop, then you just sell them to get free slots.
  • Nitain, Forma BP and 3 Day Affinity Booster are the only all the time good drops.
  • And then there is rest of trash: Starburst, Latron BP, Grand Finale, Display - Glyph, Neurodes, Orokin Cells (well, depends on who you ask), Ayatan Stars.

Are these all the items that drops from the system? If it is, then I can kinda stop caring about the drop system now..

37 minutes ago, TheBulldog said:

EDIT: Also, chances for those drops.... 0.06% for Vectis in my case? That's really terrible, especially if we see that fastest stremer can get 40 achievements per hour.

I got my first(Twitch drop) Vectis Prime 2-3 days ago after about 800 drops.

Disappointing given how completely butchered the drop rates on things are, easily over 3000 drops, and not a single vectis, and only 1 frost harka.

if you want me to commit to watching just one streamer, maybe do something about the down right disgustingly unfair drop rates, and maybe consider something outside of achievements as most normal players you’ve partnered have already gotten about 90% of the achievements and the only way that you can feasibly get any drops at all from them is if they make new accounts and speed run achievements, which I’m guessing is not what you wanted or intended.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TehMunkeyKing said:

The bigger issue is streamers making new accounts to farm achievements. To paraphrase what I heard from another streamer comment on Warframe's Twitch Drops program, there's a lack of broadcaster/viewer interaction going on. Viewers are just opening up streams and leaving them on in the background with the sound muted or something similar. They're basically human viewbots. The growth and viewership is artificial if all people are doing is grinding the drops. It gamifies the system. 

honestly if they didnt want all this to happen they shouldnt have made drops so bloody rare (pardon my french) in every other instance where de has made a drop so rare that its downright unfair an more just a raffle then the players exploited the system, they knew it was gonna happen an yet they let it go on for over a week. if the drops had a higher drop chance then 1% an it wasnt tied to achievements this mess would have never happened. if they tell us they didnt anticipate this then i'm sorry but they are either lying or incredibly stupid.

EDIT: gamifies the system? this is a game about chasing loot and they added a new avenue for obtaining loot, it was a game from the start

Edited by AVERAGE_POTATO

1 hour ago, (PS4)TehMunkeyKing said:

The bigger issue is streamers making new accounts to farm achievements. To paraphrase what I heard from another streamer comment on Warframe's Twitch Drops program, there's a lack of broadcaster/viewer interaction going on. Viewers are just opening up streams and leaving them on in the background with the sound muted or something similar. They're basically human viewbots. The growth and viewership is artificial if all people are doing is grinding the drops. It gamifies the system. 

The system is gamified the moment you award drops for viewership... human viewbots non-withstanding.

1 hour ago, JudgeXion said:

Are these all the items that drops from the system? If it is, then I can kinda stop caring about the drop system now..

I got my first(Twitch drop) Vectis Prime 2-3 days ago after about 800 drops.

Yes, that's all the items you can get from Twitch drops. I got my first Vectis after 2.5k drops, :/

1 hour ago, TheBulldog said:

Yes, that's all the items you can get from Twitch drops. I got my first Vectis after 2.5k drops, :/

I see, them i can stop watching streamers and just be satisfied with what I gotten so far, the last item I had left to get was the frost skin I got after about 1100 drops. 

Twitch just shot them self...This is the first time i seen steamers so active steamin ... some like do 48 hrs achievement grinds  in a row just to get the ppl drops..even the number maybe inflate.. streamer are happy as they can get follows an subs. . now when all the viewers r gone..it be demoralising.RIP.  

Points is we all nd to be thankful to the steamers who actually work hard grinding for all tat ton of starburst & latron BP