The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Meteor and Operation: Plague Star

Outssiss

1 hour ago, CaptainJLP said:

The wierd things in the sky are shot from the orokin tower (Or something like that), I've seen them before the meteor landed.

What? No they aren't. They're fragments of the Meteoroid that are burning up in the atmosphere due to their smaller size.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

One thing that has me scratching my head is how the infested zaw parts are going to work.Are we going to get one of each and be stuck with whatever we make?(which would suck) Or are we going to get  reusable blueprints to craft the parts so that we can also have a chance to try out all kinds of combinations?

Its needs to be reusable blueprinst even theres no reason the default ones arent.

2 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I'm disappointed there was no Tunguska event. I mean, look at the SIZE of that thing, and there was apparently no devastating shockwave at the moment of impact. How is that possible?!

Well its a infested meatball, maybe the impact is more like being shot with a beanbag round?  Another problem would be how its still in one blob after landing like that?  

Or just the space magic answer, that one's fun.  

On 29/10/2017 at 12:49 AM, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

Prolly just hallowing event hype (its alive! :O) otherwise nothing comes in mind. Umbra is possibly scheduled mid or end of Dec '17 and there are 2 other things pending though - Tactical Alert Long Shadow and Solar Rail Re-construction event which don't go by the theme they gave us.

No, DE says that Umbra will not coming this year unfortunately :( According to the devstream 100

I'm disappointed there was no Tunguska event. I mean, look at the SIZE of that thing, and there was apparently no devastating shockwave at the moment of impact. How is that possible?!

It's Void Magic I ain't gotta explain [BLEEP]

Plot Armor or Space Magic. Take your pick.

I get where you're coming from though. I'm a bit disappointed myself...not even a smoking impact crater with a steaming infested mass in the center. Not even burnt grass. It's like Jordas Golem coughed up the Infested equivalent of phlegm on PoE and that was it.

23 hours ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

Cetus dude says stuff about the meteor now that its landed. He first talked about he smell that it was creating. In his new lines he talks about scouts seeing movement inside the meteor.

im going to guess the infested will come poring out and there will be a bar showing infestation levels on the plain that we would need to keep down by killing waves.

7 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I have a feeling that, given the look of it, the thing is so disgustingly mucus covered that, even in space, where it should be burning up on entry, it just shriveled down a bit into a nasty mucus core that made it go splat instead of boom.

Theres also the even more disturbing possibility that the strain controlling it actually "guided" it to a landing. It cooked, but did not burn-out despite atmospheric entry. The colony might have guided the blob's entry so that it was intact as possible on "impact" (stretch into a parachute shape to slow-down, divert all assets to the core and let the outer crust burn, et cetera)

Unlike a big stone an metal K-T Boundry creator, this sucker had a goal it wanted to achieve.