Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Meteor and Operation: Plague Star

Outssiss

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Several appear when you're on the Plains too. Sometimes within seconds of each other.

that's not the meteor, a meteor is a object with enough mass to not completely burn up upon atmospheric entry. Really large meteors  tend to have smaller fragments enter atmosphere  before the main body resulting in the fire rain you usually see in "OH NO WE ARE SO DED" meteor apocalypse movies. Judging from the fact that there's fragments entering before the big boy at all shows that it might actually be quite massive. 

Wait. . . wait . . . anybody remember the Sentient remnant stations they showed us a while back at tennocon? What if the "Eidolon" designated Sentient was so weakened from Void traversal that it split in twain? The intelligent front-half made it to Earth and rained down on the planet in chunks to press the seemingly sucidal attack . . but. . . what if it's arse has been floating on-trajectory this entire time?

COMING THIS HALLOWEEN. . .

(Cheesy 50s horror movie music as the image alights upon the hills on the Plains in black-and-white)

. . .A SECOND SHADOW FALLS UPON THE PLAINS. . .

(A vast asteroid falls across the top of the screen and smashes into the ground beyond the hills)

. . . AND THERE WILL BE A RECKONING!

(A green glow comes from beyond the hills)

COMING TO A HOLOTHEATER NEAR YOU. . .

(The title "wiggles" onto the screen as the green light overtakes everything and "eerie" wailing old sci-fi music plays)

"THE ARSE FROM BEYOND!"

FEATUREING HAUNTING AURIAS BY VAY HEK

(Incredibly sexy Star Trek style "feminine" vocals)

ILLUSTATED BY SOME GUY WITH A PEGLEG!

AND STARRING AS NARRATOR. . . TYL REGOR!

(A poorly edited image of The Ghoul walking onto the screen with Tyl Regor's head edited onto him moves by)

BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!

("film" melts and the reel rips with some expletive filled whisper-yelling in the background)

Edited by Unus

It could be so many things, but I don't think it has anything to do with Umbra. Far too early for that. We're talking about a full-fledged quest here. PoE is still hot on the plate, receiving quite a few updates and I think it's been mentioned that work on the next open area has begun. I'd expect Umbra next year, early hopefully.

My bet is on an event themed Eidolon boss fight, either strengthened somehow or an entirely new one. Although I'd really like to see the Acolytes return.

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

It was right after the last patch, a Lotus message popped up and relayed that there was a meteor that was detected on a collision course for earth. It would strike very close to the tower near Cetus and it was *bum bum bummmm* alive. 

You can see the streak of the meteor on in the skybox when you go out into the plains. 

I personally have three schools of thought on what it could be 

A) The new Eidolon they where talking about a while ago.

B) Some sort of Infested mass 

C) Something else as Lotus identified it as "Alive" and if it had been Sentient or Infested she probably would have identified it as either Sentient or Infested instead of "Alive" so maybe something Orokin like the tower which is "alive" 

You wot.

Why didn't I know about this?

So I just watched a video from DADEFUYE and he mentioned that there was some sort of notification from Lotus saying that an ASTEROID was falling toward Cetus.

If someone could clarify a few things for me, it would be great

1. Whether anyone else received/saw this thing

2. Proof for the above ^^

3. Whether its true/not.

Also, please post your lore ideas as to what this might be.... Umbra?....

That guy is a clickbaiter, it has nothing to do with umbra. He just went through all the wf buzzwords in that video to sound interesting.

However there are screenshots of lotus saying that going around from lot of different people and the meteors do show up in the skybox of Cetus. Something is up, but it will probably come down after fomorians are over.

Edited by -skimmer-

It is likely that recent Tenno activity has forced Eidolon to send a distress signal, attracting Sentient reinforcements that converge somewhere outside the Cetus boundary.
Hunhow may or may not be directly involved.
It is also possible that some Eidolon fragments ended up in the orbit and are trying to return to the main body.

Edited by LABAL

29 minutes ago, LABAL said:

It is likely that recent Tenno activity has forced Eidolon to send a distress signal, attracting Sentient reinforcements that converge somewhere outside the Cetus boundary.
Hunhow may or may not be directly involved.
It is also possible that some Eidolon fragments ended up in the orbit and are trying to return to the main body.

^this sounds good tho

Lotus is also said its alive so... Sentient Invasion ! Activate the Living Tower !

Edited by Aeon94

Prolly just hallowing event hype (its alive! :O) otherwise nothing comes in mind. Umbra is possibly scheduled mid or end of Dec '17 and there are 2 other things pending though - Tactical Alert Long Shadow and Solar Rail Re-construction event which don't go by the theme they gave us.

Edited by Dark_Prince_Duke