The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Meteor and Operation: Plague Star

Outssiss

The Sentient and infested are my first thoughts for its origins though I feel that it if it was the Sentient the lotus would have known.

Though do the Sentient have a biological reading or are they more of a specific energy signature as they are a more of a Techno-organic rather than a biological organism?

If they are more on the lines of an energy signature then it is more then likely its the infested. 

It's intensifying on the fields, you can see 2 to 4 lines of debris at the same time now.

b4FnzlR.jpg

Edited by Ahcruna

Maybe the living planet from Unreal 2 The Awakening wants to pay Earth a visit (Those who played the game probably know what i mean). Or maybe that creature from MEGAS XLR.

but in all seriousness, im pretty curious to waht this. I really hope it is a new even comming, cause that be awesome, its been awhile. A living asteroid, wonder waht it could be. If its infested, tehn tehy really been evolving alot more than i thoguht.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

or it could just be a 'pretty detail' added by DE design team.....

Personally I think it will lead into the Umbra quest somehow, ie meteorite hits earth, we have to find it etc etc

Acolytes.  They are pissed Cetans are desecrating the Tower.

Two modes:

VIP defense.

Acolyte Bounties.

Acolytes become new bounty targets with rewards; Maiming Strike, Argon Scope, etc.. 

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

23 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

Maybe the living planet from Unreal 2 The Awakening wants to pay Earth a visit (Those who played the game probably know what i mean). Or maybe that creature from MEGAS XLR.

but in all seriousness, im pretty curious to waht this. I really hope it is a new even comming, cause that be awesome, its been awhile. A living asteroid, wonder waht it could be. If its infested, tehn tehy really been evolving alot more than i thoguht.

I'v been thinking and I feel that if its infested it could actually be a chunk of eris or even a derelict ship. Its quite possible that we have underestimated the intelligence of the infested hive mind.

6 minutes ago, Umquaptovis said:

I'v been thinking and I feel that if its infested it could actually be a chunk of eris or even a derelict ship. Its quite possible that we have underestimated the intelligence of the infested hive mind.

You just reminded me of a tweet from DE Steve back from July... I think I know what is coming...

When looking at it through the telescope (sniper zoom) the body looks like it is infested and its fragments are falling in the vicinity of the distant MTN and I would hazard a guess that it will impact the left hand side. That and at its its size it could be a world ender so maybe Archwing go up there with the Erylon and nuke it with the N2 mines it launches?

Last time I saw cosmic objects falling down in an online game it did not end well for that game...

Namely, that was when Square Enix pretty much nuked the whole FFXIV with a Bahamut-filled moon and had to re-launch the whole game almost from scratch. Well, at least it looked epic, (skip to 2:49 or so) so there's that. 

Edited by Reifnir

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Hmm, Juggernaut?

The thought of an Infested invasion on the Plains makes me salivate though.

Invasions... now I know how the corpus can be on the plains. Invasions! Kinda curious how they'd be on a wide open map with projectile weapons though. Probably poorly. Then again grineer gunships are a one way trip to sadness vil.

Edited by maj.death

just in case anyone hasn't finished war within by now 

Spoiler

When I came back from the plains my operator was on my market console and said hey there kiddo like what happened when you returned to your ship at the end of war within but I remember when that happened I was on the codex console not the market console like this time I don't know if that is a bug to see that again or if it's intended for a reason