Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.2.0

[DE]Megan

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Feedback on our Deluxe Skins are always welcome, but please remember that there is a strong difference between constructive and rude.

Our team puts love and effort into all our Skins, and their hard work is truly awe worthy. 

:community:

While DE has always welcomed feedback, it does feel as though it isn't listened to in the slightest at times.

Your team has done, currently does and hopefully will continue to do some outstanding work.  However, this particular deluxe skin is not part of that.  It simply doesn't fit the general aesthetic of the Warframe, especially with such an earthy color choice, and the community was vocal in its feedback during the first unveiling, which was negative, and yet the skin was pushed through.

While I am not supporting the outright rude comments made, and subsequently removed, I do support the negative reaction - this skin simply isn't your studio's best work. 

25 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Feedback on our Deluxe Skins are always welcome, but please remember that there is a strong difference between constructive and rude.

Our team puts love and effort into all our Skins, and their hard work is truly awe worthy. 

:community:

Is it though? The majority seem to find this skin subpar at best. 

Also feedback can only be so positive when it is being clearly ignored. People have been voicing their dissent for this design regularly since the reveal, and yet it was still released with no change into the game. Can't blame people for getting jaded. 

I'm no designer, I'm barely a fashionframer, but I knew from the moment I saw the Deluxe skin that I did not like it. I honestly fail to see where the Ember thematic design fits into this deluxe skin; Body shape maybe? Mohawks? But you get parts from other warframes, like the overbearing size of the mohawk being more attributable to most Nyx helmets and the winglike protrusions from the arms and legs being more akin to Zephyr. In so doing, the prime aspect of her being is lost on this design; Fire. Compare that to other earlier Deluxe skins, like the Orphid Saryn skin or Oberon Feyarch skin. They take inspirations from other forms of themselves, such as the flower motif that Saryn's always had and amplifying it with the bright colors some poisonous plants and animals would be known for. The Feyarch Skin plays more on Oberon's namesake as king of the fairies, taking a more nature-bound approach and making those roots show themselves (metaphorically and possibly literally) in this design. 

This design doesn't feel like Ember. I'm not even going to mention the old design, it's not my place to say it should have been used. But for gods sake, this is what is passable as a Deluxe Skin, which has almost always been about amplifying the visual motifs of a frame? Soprana had sound, Palatine had armor, Harka had a northern or viking vibe, Gersemi had an Un-corpus'd Valkyr...But what does Ember have here? Bird motifs? Zephyr has more of those in her skillset and design. I agree with the community on this one, it should've gone to her.

so.. wait leme get this straight. not only are we getting the ugliest skin ever, bounties -might- rotate again, but still having garbage rng chances at the worthwhile loot? i havent hit the rare table a single time since plains hit. i already stopped even going to cetus/plains. why waste my time.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Replaced Grokdrul and Iradite pickups from crates and caches with Rubedo and Ferrite in the Plains to better expose the deeper Resource system.
  • Added Circuits to Turret drop tables.
  • Added Circuits, Rubedo and Ferrite to Dropship drop tables.
  • Added Plastids, Circuits, Oxium and Cryotic as rewards for Bounties in the first two tiers 

Please reconsider your purpose with these changes and the changes themselves.  Removing Iradite and Grok from one of the handful places they exist is a Nerf to their income for all.  Are you sure that's not what this change does?

Adding common and uncommon resources does not expose the rest of the resource system, it is instead diminished.  The reason the hypothetical new player would bother to interact with it is because they need those resources.  All they need is a breadcrumb that encourages them to get off the plains and explore the rest of the game.  That could have been accomplished with only the drop ship change: "these resources come from ships, which come from space."

Well here's my feedback, can we call IgnusDei back?

The new deform...deluxes skins looks like tennogen skins and even some of these looks cool.

You ppl scraped the ember concept because you want, barely someone asked for this change, you changed it just for pride nothing more.

The Nekros one don't look bad, his effects make him look nice. 

10 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Is it though? The majority seem to find this skin subpar at best. 

Also feedback can only be so positive when it is being clearly ignored. People have been voicing their dissent for this design regularly since the reveal, and yet it was still released with no change into the game. Can't blame people for getting jaded. 

agreed. im not going to praise someone for the time they put in if the result has been massively panned by the community. spending 2 hours on the toilet doesnt make your turd gold. we are entitled to our opinions, especially since when we gave original feedback, it was so overwhelmingly negative, no one thought we'd be so ignored. this is backlash. and its entitled.   however, the nekros skin and the mag skin both look really nice in my book. good job.

Archived