Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Plains -> Cetus transition appears to bug Carrier's Ammo Case mod [Fixed]

D06pblH9l

Yea I'm having this problem too, while I was using the Astilla I noticed I ran out of ammo too often and thought the gun was a write off.  Then I notice that for some reason I was picking up rifle ammo even though I'm using a shotgun. At first I assumed it was just saying the wrong thing for whatever reason but I started to pay attention. Next time that it said I picked up 20 rifle rounds I looked to see if my ammo count increased but it did not. 

Edited by shockster465

I just ran 5 tier 5 bounties back to back, and my ammo mutation broke in every single one. It stops picking up anything not pistol.

It can be fixed by dropping an ammo pod. Once the ammo pod pulses, all the ammo nearby rushes you. Doesn't really matter though, since the ammo pod is going to give you more than enough ammo anyways :(

The specific ammo mutation I'm using is the 'ammo case' mod for my carrier sentinel.

This isn't limited to the Lenz. This affects all weapon ammo mutations, and Carrier's Ammo Case mod. It makes bringing any gun with a high ammo consumption rate out into the plains a liability. Personally, I've been sticking with either the Tigris, or the Opticor, for this reason.

This issue has also been around since launch. It's not as pressing as some of the other bugs, sure, but it really does make it an unnecessary challenge when doing the high-end bounties and you're starved for ammunition despite having ammo-conversion mods on.

Apologies if there is already one like this, but I didn't see one in the first couple pages.

Carrier's Ammo Case mod doesn't work at all on PoE. I don't know if this was intentional or not.

Specifically noticed it when my Atomos and Soma Prime were both around half ammo, and I'm standing in a field of non-pistol/rifle ammo. Carrier didn't pull them in, so I ran over them, and still nothing. No conversion of ammo, no pick-up.

Anyone else getting this issue?

1 minute ago, Sarenrae said:

Carrier's Ammo Case mod doesn't work at all on PoE. I don't know if this was intentional or not.

It has been reported. You should try searching for the bug - carrier ammo case not working.

I believe it is all weapons, and DE has probably noticed.

This bug affects:
Carrier's Ammo Case precept mod

Issue:
If you navigate to Cetus from your Orbiter then go out to the Plains, or navigate directly to the Plains from your Orbiter, Carrier's Ammo Case mod works as intended, but if you walk back in to Cetus and back out onto the Plains, it's broken.  There's something about returning to Cetus that breaks Ammo Case.  When Ammo Case is bugged, Carrier will fail to vacuum and mutate any ammo types that do not correspond to the weapons you're currently carrying, and also will not increase weapon reserve ammo capacity.

If any other ammo mutation mods or a weapon with innate ammo mutation (e.g. Lenz) are equipped at the same time as Carrier with its Ammo Case mod installed, walking back in to Cetus and back out onto the Plains will cause them to break as well.  If Carrier's Ammo Case mod is not installed, other ammo mutation mods and innate ammo mutation weapons work as intended.

Note:
Ammo mutation mods, innate ammo mutation weapons, and Carrier's Ammo Case work just fine in the rest of the game.  This issue appears to be confined to Cetus/Plains.

Thanks to PY-R0 below for mentioning the Lenz as I forgot that weapons could have innate ammo mutation - I've tested and confirmed that innate ammo mutation also breaks when Ammo Case is installed on Carrier but works fine without it.

Edited by Talevon
Did more testing, normal ammo mutation seems to be working but Carrier's Ammo Case appears to break everything - topic updated with new/more accurate bug information.

Probably reported by many people already, but Carrier's ammo case is not working reliably in the plains of eidolon. I did two bounties today and it seemed to work well, but on the third bounty I was doing it basically stopped picking up the ammo boxes from the ground making me run out of ammo for Lenz really fast. The two first bounties were during the day time, at the start of the third one it turned to night and coincidentally the ammo case stopped working pretty much immediately.

1. Pyrana has 262 ammo max with Carrier, but the ammo on the ground is not picked up.

Rktlab5.jpg

2. Lenz obviously has 7 ammo max with Carrier, but regardless of the many ammo boxes lying around on the ground, Carrier simply does not care to pick them up.

NJj3rz7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't realize this was a thing. I had noticed sometimes when entering the plains I didn't have the extra reserve ammo from Ammo Case, but I didn't realize the mod was disabled. This also explains the inconsistency I've felt in regaining ammo on the plains. Good catch.

Edited by Neightrix

1. Have some form of ammo mutation equipped (in my case, I had both Ammo Box and Primed Rifle Mutation)

2. Enter Cetus from your Liset

3. Open the Arsenal from the escape menu

4. Back out of the Arsenal screen

5. Enter the Plains

6. Now you can only pick up ammo that you could normally.  For example, with a rifle and a pistol equipped, you can pick up both rifle and pistol ammo.  The pistol ammo will even mutate properly.  However, you cannot pick up or mutate shotgun or sniper ammo.

Edited by Telogor

One more note. You will know that the ammo case (or the carrier) has stopped working properly when you enter the plains and you see the amount of ammunition you are carrying. For example if you have Lenz equipped and the ammo you have for it is 6 once entered the plains, it is broken at that point and the extra ammo is no longer being converted. The max ammo you can have with carrier is still working though, but you need to pick up some ammo boxes to fill it up of course.