Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Master Race : People just keep bashing him regardless of the rework

Doomsknightmare

17 minutes ago, Cifrer said:

Honestly, people complain and cry because they are bad at the game and want you to carry them.

Someone thinks they "need" Nyx for CC?  Why aren't they playing her?

Or someone thinks they "need" Trinity for energy and heals?  Again, why aren't they playing as her?

They all want to play whatever they want, however they want, no matter whether they're good or bad at what they're doing, and just want someone else to make up for their own issues and carry them along.

Ignore those people, play what you want.  So long as you're not entirely reliant on someone else to make up for your own deficiencies, you're good to go.

As far as I've seen, Oberon is a good frame.

The thing is for raids you do need two trins ideally, and Oberon doesn’t do anything better than her.

he gives an armor buff, but trinity gives a flat 75% damage reduction which also applies to shields (and stops the injectors killing half the team in NM LoR)

you need an EV trin for LoR, both for the bomb carriers and for Vaubans/Rhino’s/novas to spam their abilities.

you need bless for keeping the team alive, driving the train, giving massive damage reduction to the whole team in general.

oberon can’t do any of these, his armor buff is weak in comparison, you can’t replace a good CC a frame such as above with him because his CC is lacklustre in comparison.

i mean, we do raids all the time with funny setups, we brought a team of wukongs with 1 trinity before, but Oberon doesn’t offer anything to the group  on the same level as others, as such when we want to do some quick runs (or we are training noobs) we bring “meta” setups to make it as quick and smooth as possible.

his problem is a HOT is weak compared to a large instant heal, and his armor buff doesn’t do much compared to other frames. 

Take kuva floods, I could take Oberon, but a lvl 90 kuva guardian can one shot my Oberon even with his armor buff up, he’s actually very squishy at high levels, and his CC works in a limited area, and the heal over time is too slow to recover against high level enemies.

where as I can take terminator nyx, be utterly immortal, and use a huge AOE CC which distracts the kuva guardians saving my entire team.

Edited by zornyan

The main problem with Oberon is that you have to play the game and pay attention to benefit from him. You need to be around him, to stay on his grass and receive his healing to get the armor buff. On the other hand, the Oberon needs to combo 2 skills to strip armor. That's not meta. If you have to press buttons and pay attention, it stinks. That's the current meta. Trinity can restore your energy or heal you and give you damage reduction and you don't have to pay attention. Press 2 and everyone has their energy maxed. Press 4 and they're all healed. Very deep gameplay.

This is my main issue with Trin - she makes it so everyone in the squad doesn't have to pay attention to anything. They can just derp around and blame you when they get themselves killed or run out of energy. Not so with Oberon. That's the rework I think Trinity needs - to make it so people around her have to be vigilant to receive the great benefits she gives.

Oberon is great and he's simple. But still, he's far too complex to play for meta.

@zornyan  You said that you need two trins ideally.  That doesn't mean you actually need two Trinities to do it.  It means you use them to make up for deficiencies in the other frames and preferred play styles.

Oberon doesn't do the same thing as Trinity.  It's not meant to replace Trinity either though.

I'm pointing out that the "meta" exists because people are trying to make everything "as quick and smooth as possible."  That in no way means it cannot be done in a different manner however.

Kuva flood example, it doesn't matter really what frame I take.  I just pop into operator mode, knock down the guardians, go back into my frame and then go around 1 shotting everything with my arca plasmor.  If I feel like I'm low on health or energy, I pop a restore.  If I want more restored faster, I pop more than one.

30 minutes ago, zornyan said:

The thing is for raids you do need two trins ideally, and Oberon doesn’t do anything better than her.

he gives an armor buff, but trinity gives a flat 75% damage reduction which also applies to shields (and stops the injectors killing half the team in NM LoR)

you need an EV trin for LoR, both for the bomb carriers and for Vaubans/Rhino’s/novas to spam their abilities.

you need bless for keeping the team alive, driving the train, giving massive damage reduction to the whole team in general.

oberon can’t do any of these, his armor buff is weak in comparison, you can’t replace a good CC a frame such as above with him because his CC is lacklustre in comparison.

i mean, we do raids all the time with funny setups, we brought a team of wukongs with 1 trinity before, but Oberon doesn’t offer anything to the group  on the same level as others, as such when we want to do some quick runs (or we are training noobs) we bring “meta” setups to make it as quick and smooth as possible.

his problem is a HOT is weak compared to a large instant heal, and his armor buff doesn’t do much compared to other frames. 

Take kuva floods, I could take Oberon, but a lvl 90 kuva guardian can one shot my Oberon even with his armor buff up, he’s actually very squishy at high levels, and his CC works in a limited area, and the heal over time is too slow to recover against high level enemies.

where as I can take terminator nyx, be utterly immortal, and use a huge AOE CC which distracts the kuva guardians saving my entire team.

uhm... two trinities is NOT needed...

I used to play excalibur in Tower defenses when he was as good as unmoded braton. 

Still played regardless of w/e people would *@##$ about and in most cases I would be only one left alive because I would spam my galantine and radial blind and could always bring a person or two back if I was fast enough. 

I say F*** those people, play what you like and have fun,

19 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

Oberon is great and he's simple. But still, he's far too complex to play for meta.

Seriously? People have gotten so lazy and dependent on meta 'Frames and gear to cheese high level content that Oberon's seen as being "too complex" for that? Just. Wow.

I'll take "too complex" over "sit back and press 4 every now and then" any day.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

uhm... two trinities is NOT needed...

Not *needed* for heavily coordinated groups (ive been the only trin on 8 man runs plenty of times) but certainly worth it, since after rhino/Vauban/nova and Loki you don’t need anymore CC, so a second trin just makes things easier

1 minute ago, zornyan said:

Not *needed* for heavily coordinated groups (ive been the only trin on 8 man runs plenty of times) but certainly worth it, since after rhino/Vauban/nova and Loki you don’t need anymore CC, so a second trin just makes things easier

or a team who knows it enough who use mics. I know at least enough about LoR i can MAYBE get a group of rando's through it if they listen

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Solargeo said:

or a team who knows it enough who use mics. I know at least enough about LoR i can MAYBE get a group of rando's through it if they listen

Nobody uses mics on PC, probably different on consoles because text chat isn’t as quick to use, only time we use mics is our clan/alliance runs on discord

Mostly because he's thoroughly mediocre. Same reason that a weapon with 40% status and 5% crit chance or 20% crit and 5% status chance will often be preferred over one with 10% of each. Of course, a weapon with 20% status and 20% crit chance would be preferred over either... but that's not the equivalent of Oberon. He falls into the "not quite enough" JOAT valley: he does a couple things okay, but not so well that he can sub for a dedicated frame in high level content.

You do you, but you have to be cognizant that when you run something mediocre in endgame content you're handicapping your team. If you're really good with your mediocre equipment and the rest of the team doesn't have any weak links, all will still be well. But if someone else on the team needs a strong crutch, or you're not actually fantastic with your stuff, or both...

I don't run Trin P because she's "meta". I run her because she's good, which makes it easier to perform acceptably when I'm not at my best, and simpler to compensate for teammates who maybe aren't the greatest.

44 minutes ago, m101011 said:

king of fairies ... need i say more?

It would help if you want to be taken seriously.

1 hour ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I'll never like him because he doesn't make goat noises and he isn't theatrical. 

Oberon's always been my go-to 'Frame and with his new tweaks, commands even more respect from me...but I really had to laugh at that.

39 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

It would help if you want to be taken seriously.

Oberon's always been my go-to 'Frame and with his new tweaks, commands even more respect from me...but I really had to laugh at that.

I mean, I know I'm a little too deep into meme culture nowadays, but something as simple as a barely audible little  bleat on the Noble animation would have put him straight in my arsenal. 

Like he'd just be standing there, tall and proud........ 

and then you'd just barely hear it..........

meeeh..... 

Edited by TheBrsrkr
Damn you netcode

Let 'em hate. Oberon's kit is well balanced, and effective. He's one of the few frames that I use all 4 abilities on the regular. He's irreplaceable in kuva floods. Keeping smeeta's up is a full time job for trinity. For Obi it's barley a second thought. His ability to strip armor, and provide CC makes him a great choice for any competent Tenno. His Phoenix Renwal augment provides a fall back that other support frames can't, and he can laugh at efficiency with a high power strength rage build. What's not to like?

Edited by (XB1)Jarheadius

If you like playing as a frame and can make it work to your liking then why even bother what other people think of it?

You're having fun with something and that's the bottom line really.

This applies to almost all frames on my book, bar Limbo. Fudge Limbo under most randoms' hands.... "Just press shift if you want to attack", insert facepalm here.

Well, he does not actually really do enough useful in LoR or Teralyst hunts to warrant his use, generally there is a much better option. Especially Teralyst hunts, if you want to maximize your shards you need a hyper-specific group. 

For other "end-game" content like Sorties, he is great, but in most content where you need a specialized team he is eh. Oberon can handle high levels fine, it is just some of the more specific stuff where he is not that great. You can't blame someone, especially in the case of Raids and hunts, for wanting to maximize the team.

And I am on the pro-Oberon side, he is a great Warframe, but he is by no means best if even viable in all circumstances. 

Whenever people say stuff like that, I have to wonder if they're actually dumb or just trying to annoy others.

Oberon overlaps in use with Rhino, Trinity, Nyx and Mag.
Rhino: instant large shutdown AOE. Oberon's is shorter but inflicts blind and radiation, works in midair and sets up ground finishers.
Nyx: obvious.
Trinity: obvious.
Mag: quickly strips armor from the entire room regardless of level. Oberon does it with one spammable cast if built properly, for half the energy, but in a smaller area.

He also has two functions no other frame can mimic. He provides wipe-insurance to the squad, and adds a generous amount of base armor to frames who have no other way to get a meaningful amount of armor. Saying "just use __" is just celebrating ignorance. He is an excellent frame who synergizes beautifully with any team comp, including the frames he overlaps with.

For me choosing a class is a part of teamwork.

When I went for a raid I take a warframe that the team needs. If it's Trinity I'll take Trinity, if it's Vauban I take Vauban.

And there's a reason for the meta, it makes it smoother for everyone on the team. Especially in the raids where one mistake can screw the whole team's progress. So I can understand if someone prefer me to use the meta/the build they're used to playing with. Failing a raid and having to do it from the beginning doesn't sound like fun.

If I want to play with the frame I like, I usually just go solo, play with my friends, or try to find a team that's ok with that.

The people who dislike Oberon are not people worth playing with. Oberon has a place in the team when it comes to keeping everyone alive in endless missions. Pop your health regen and give everyone a massive armour boost and they pretty much cannot die. Add phoenix renewal on top of that and they can even die once every 90 seconds.