Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for the useless mod, Lotus...

Xylia

BEFORE REPLYING TO THE THREAD, PLEASE READ THIS POST:

My Reply To The Stuff In This Thread

So, friend comes on and tells me that the Gift of the Lotus today is a Riven Rifle Mod. He does it and he gets "Find 15 Syndicate Emblems".

Okay, so since the Riven Mod comes out of a lowbie mission, I thought well maybe there's special rules on this that it will give you something actually do-able.

Hahaha, this is Warframe.

It gave me "Do 10 waves of Level 30+ Defense Solo with no damage to the objective".

Yup. Thanks, Lotus, for the useless mod I'll never get to use. Goes right along with the other Riven mod I have, "Do a Lv30 survival without killing anybody". You guys at DE could have at least made this mod give a sensible objective or something, seeing as it is supposed to be a "gift" and it comes from a lowbie mission, or something.

Oh well.

Edited by Xylia

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

How exactly is this useless? You don't know what comes out from it. It can be something good or something bad. It's sellable for plat as well.

He is expecting his Sybaris Acricron with -ammo max on unveil. All riven challenges are a walk in the park too.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I just feel cheated that my friend got something that is very reasonable, and I get something ridiculous like this.

And a lot can happen in 10 waves and I've talked to my friend about this, and he says that even with using stuff like Frost or Limbo, it is STILL a crapshoot and that you can easily lose the whole shebang, because a lot can happen in that amount of time.

Just now, SergeantSunshine said:

Don't go complaining that something's useless due to rng and your inability to preform a challenge 

The complaint is with the disparity between his and mine. He gets to pick up 15 syndicate medallions. I get to try to solo a lv30+ mission AND get a perfect score. lol. that's not even remotely fair.

1 minute ago, Xylia said:

The complaint is with the disparity between his and mine. He gets to pick up 15 syndicate medallions. I get to try to solo a lv30+ mission AND get a perfect score. lol. that's not even remotely fair.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

URyWl6c.gif

3 minutes ago, Xylia said:

I just feel cheated that my friend got something that is very reasonable, and I get something ridiculous like this.

And a lot can happen in 10 waves and I've talked to my friend about this, and he says that even with using stuff like Frost or Limbo, it is STILL a crapshoot and that you can easily lose the whole shebang, because a lot can happen in that amount of time.

Just do it.

You could have been done in the time it took for you to complain on the forums.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 minute ago, Xylia said:

And apparently, Warframe community is still just as "good" *cough* as ever.

Nevermind. Apparently nobody is permitted to dislike something in the game, just like before.

"people don't agree with me therefore the community is bad"

Don't get me wrong, the forum community is a sh1tshow, but this is not a valid example of the usual discourse.

Just now, Xylia said:

Nevermind. Apparently nobody is permitted to dislike something in the game, just like before.

We just don't put up with senseless complaining. If you were asking for tips I imagine the responses would've been different.

You think that's bad. I got 'Solo an interception mission with level 30 or above enemies, while equipped with the hobbled dragon key, without dying or being downed'. It's almost as if the Lotus knows how much I despise interception missions.

6 minutes ago, sh00chu said:

You think that's bad. I got 'Solo an interception mission with level 30 or above enemies, while equipped with the hobbled dragon key, without dying or being downed'. It's almost as if the Lotus knows how much I despise interception missions.

Now that's an interesting challenge! 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Xylia:

If anything your friend should feel cheated for needing to put in so much time and maybe getting out a deth machine rifle riven out of it...15 syndicate medaillons is one of the very few challenges i detest because i can't be bothered to look around the map all the time.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Xylia:

You only have to do 5 waves. And don't say it's un-doable because that is wrong.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Xylia:

The reason as to why most people in here come over as "rude" might be due to a 4 year old vet with almost 5k posts, labeling fairly easy (if you know what to do) tasks as impossible and being ungrateful for getting a free riven. There's always the way of asking politely how to do it if you aren't very familiar with these kind of things. But saying that 5 minutes of survival without killing anyone is an un-doable task just leaves a VERY bad impression.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Some of them are easier than others. Some of them you will like doing more than others. That's sort of inevitable given the varied nature of the challenge list. They are, however, all very much doable. As others have said, a good Frost or Limbo build works wonders with the defense one.

At worst, you ended up with a veiled rifle riven, which can pretty easily be sold for platinum. Hardly useless.

1 minute ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

The problem is not with Warframe or with DE. The problem lies with your apparent inability to stop whining, use whatever little imagination you seem to have, and come up with a creative solution to a problem. I hate to be frank, but come on. At least try.

The problem isn't so much the challenge itself, but the disconnect between the difficulty or lack thereof, and the complete randomness of the eventual reward. If a more difficult challenge guaranteed I wouldn't get, for example, yet another virtually useless sentinel riven, I wouldn't mind it so much personally.