Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people get so salty at leeching?

4thBro

1 hour ago, Chatv71e said:

Gonna throw this here.

I play mainly Duality Equinox. And when you play that, damage done by Duality is not registred in TAB screen unless you are host.

(Some fine index leeching. 40 kills 0% dmg done.)

Hide contents

unknown.png

So naturally I've been accused for leeching A LOT. I'm not saying that leeching is alright. But people can be too harsh about it as well. Some person were so mad at me 'doing nothing' that they spend half of the game typing. 

Sure leeching is not a good thing to do. But do you really have to be THAT triggered?

This is a point I think a lot of people miss. I kind of feel like the stat screen shouldn't show kill or damage stats. It doesn't properly show how people with utility frames have helped, sometimes it's just flat out not accurate.

6 minutes ago, Altre said:

This is a point I think a lot of people miss. I kind of feel like the stat screen shouldn't show kill or damage stats. It doesn't properly show how people with utility frames have helped, sometimes it's just flat out not accurate.

I agree that looking only at kills is very deceptive, however, the stat page does show Abilities Used as well as Revives. I think those should really be at the top of the stat page to get people to pay attention to them.

A Trin that only provides energy/health and Revives downed players but never fires a shot is far from a leech.

That being said, someone that has 0% in every stat category is indeed a leech. There is absolutely no way to play a mission and NOT get credit in one of the categories unless they are just hiding afk.

Just now, Ryim_Drykeon said:

I agree that looking only at kills is very deceptive, however, the stat page does show Abilities Used as well as Revives. I think those should really be at the top of the stat page to get people to pay attention to them.

A Trin that only provides energy/health and Revives downed players but never fires a shot is far from a leech.

That being said, someone that has 0% in every stat category is indeed a leech. There is absolutely no way to play a mission and NOT get credit in one of the categories unless they are just hiding afk.

I think they need to work on the accuracy of stats of they're going to be a viable way to judge competency, though. There've been missions where I felt I rocked being utility, but the stats didn't reflect it. If you have high duration and decent range on Loki or Vauban in a defense mission, it may not reflect the overall effect of what your abilities contributed (since your ability usage won't be as high due to duration being higher).

Stats in general are a sticky pickle.

1 minute ago, Altre said:

I think they need to work on the accuracy of stats of they're going to be a viable way to judge competency, though. There've been missions where I felt I rocked being utility, but the stats didn't reflect it. If you have high duration and decent range on Loki or Vauban in a defense mission, it may not reflect the overall effect of what your abilities contributed (since your ability usage won't be as high due to duration being higher).

Stats in general are a sticky pickle.

Agreed, but that would be another topic. I was merely saying for the purpose of IDing a leech, that it would mean the entire stat page would need to be 0% (with a possible exception of the Pick UP category....and why THAT'S a category I really have no idea).

I got ya man. I just kind of feel that pure zeroes sometimes isn't accurate. I stopped looking at that screen because of the inaccuracies. There's also considering maybe that person had something happen that required their attention over the game. I've got a kid and when he has something happen that leads to him crying, you can bet I'll drop the game to see what's wrong. I just don't see the benefit of simply sitting there and haven't had a grave issue of people not trying to complete tasks that I couldn't do. If there ever was, it hasn't killed me to find one or two other groups that were competent.

Should probably be something like an "ability uptime" score that counts the number of seconds you had abilities active during the mission, stacking to count multiple abilities active at once and abilities which also buff teammates or debuff enemies.

So Bless Trin, infinistealth IrrDis Loki, Frost Bubblebot, &c. would score particularly well there.

Edited by FlyingDice

It's just bothersome, like a fly, iIf we don't fail the mission is not a big deal. And it's different than someone not being able to shoot anything b/c Ember is passing by. 

My only problem is on PoE. Leechers just go to fish or mine while the other 3 do the bounty. They slow down the mission, risk a failure and they get even more rewards than everyone else.

10 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Is your sicaras maxed? Because that affects affinity distribution.

Here is a simple breakdown of how affinity is distributed. The game follows this pattern every time, all the time, with very, very little exception.
A kill with a frame's ability gives 100% affinity to the frame.
A kill made by a weapon gives 50% to that weapon, and 50% to the frame.
A kill made by a teammate gives you a split between your frame and all equipped weapons.
Any objective-based affinity (best example is a spy vault completion, affinity orbs, or your mini-mission) is split between your frame and all equipped weapons.

There is no difference between whether or not a weapon is maxed. If it has a focus lens on it, it will gain whatever percentage of affinity you received on that weapon as its' lens-specific focus value. If it has no focus lens on it, any teammate kills, kills made with the weapon, and objective-based affinity will still be given to the weapon even though it has no value in receiving it. In this way, the weapon is "stealing" affinity. It doesn't stop giving it affinity just because it's max rank. 

The results do indeed speak for themselves, and the wiki is, in fact, correct on this regard. Hope that clears things up.

55 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Here is a simple breakdown of how affinity is distributed. The game follows this pattern every time, all the time, with very, very little exception.
A kill with a frame's ability gives 100% affinity to the frame.
A kill made by a weapon gives 50% to that weapon, and 50% to the frame.
A kill made by a teammate gives you a split between your frame and all equipped weapons.
Any objective-based affinity (best example is a spy vault completion, affinity orbs, or your mini-mission) is split between your frame and all equipped weapons.

There is no difference between whether or not a weapon is maxed. If it has a focus lens on it, it will gain whatever percentage of affinity you received on that weapon as its' lens-specific focus value. If it has no focus lens on it, any teammate kills, kills made with the weapon, and objective-based affinity will still be given to the weapon even though it has no value in receiving it. In this way, the weapon is "stealing" affinity. It doesn't stop giving it affinity just because it's max rank. 

The results do indeed speak for themselves, and the wiki is, in fact, correct on this regard. Hope that clears things up.

Then how how I've been leveling thing passively in solo without even touching my other weapons is beyond me. Been doing that for as long as I can remember.

You response doesn't clear anything up. Reiterating the info on the wiki doesn't change what is happening. I'm having a completely different experience and the amount of affinity my untouched weapons earn is too large to be accounted for by objectives, especially as it occurs regardless of mission type.

At any rate, this is going off topic.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

4 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Then how how I've been leveling thing passively in solo without even touching my other weapons is beyond me. Been doing that for as long as I can remember.

You response doesn't clear anything up. Reiterating the info on the wiki doesn't change what is happening. I'm having a completely different experience and the amount of affinity my untouched weapons earn is too large to be accounted for by objectives, especially as it occurs regardless of mission type.

At any rate, this is going off topic.

I'd like to hear about your working AFK system proposal, hopefully in a new thread?

This is how people farming Kuva nowadays !!!

whole game AFK

Spoiler

KbO0pqN.jpg

Spoiler

AzxU9Ki.jpg

At extraction point 2 people waiting - The dead one ... 0  0 0 0  The alive one, rhino MR24, whole game staying at starting position killing enemies, because he do not want to die, but still leeching.

Easy FARM !

P.S. They leave the squad immediately when we finished the mission :) 

Edited by -TSA-Rubicon2.0

7 часов назад, StinkyPygmy сказал:

Wait, you say you have been killing with your rifle only and was getting affinity for you off hand?

59 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Wait, you say you have been killing with your rifle only and was getting affinity for you off hand?

Yep, and I can verify from my own experiences. If a weapon isn't maxed, it still receives a trickle of affinity even if it goes unused.

28 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Yep, and I can verify from my own experiences. If a weapon isn't maxed, it still receives a trickle of affinity even if it goes unused.

That sounds more like completing the "mini exp bonus mission" or picking up affinity orbs.

3 hours ago, rand0mname said:

Yep.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

That sounds more like completing the "mini exp bonus mission" or picking up affinity orbs.

The amount of affinity I've personally been earning is way more then orbs and challenges can account for. 

Its been like this for so long. How is this even news?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

17 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Yep.

The amount of affinity I've personally been earning is way more then orbs and challenges can account for. 

I just tested this and you dont get any affinity from kills for weapons you are not using. You get some from mision objectives, orbs, and mini challenges (those that pop at start). This is the easiest to notice with focus. Equip a lens on weapon and dont use it, get orb and when the time ends you will get 0 focus.

1 hour ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Yep.

Got a sentinel killing things? IIRC that counts as an ally kill, meaning equal distribution.

I can absolutely confirm though that the wiki's info is correct.