Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why frames?

(PSN)BattleCry1791

Now, I'm not normally a lore kinda guy or a "let's force logic on the magic casting space zombie ninjas" kinda dude either.  But I was thinking...

Wouldn't it be prudent for the Tenno to abandon warframes altogether and just make huge massive ships that could be controlled by operators and just annihilate the grineer, corpus, and anyone else they want? 

Magic casting dreadnoughts > magic casting frames?

Why shoot the grineer in the face when you can nuke em from orbit?  Sabotage?  Why not kill em all?  

I mean, if the frames are made from ferrite and rubedo and such...just use like 1000x times more and make a Tenno death star.  If it's feasible to control an archwing, why wouldn't it be feasible to control a heavily armed Battlestar?

Just sayin. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (PS4)BattleCry1791:

Now, I'm not normally a lore kinda guy or a "let's force logic on the magic casting space zombie ninjas" kinda dude either.  But I was thinking...

Wouldn't it be prudent for the Tenno to abandon warframes altogether and just make huge massive ships that could be controlled by operators and just annihilate the grineer, corpus, and anyone else they want? 

Why shoot the grineer in the face when you can nuke em from orbit?  Sabotage?  Why not kill em all?  

I mean, if the frames are made from ferrite and rubedo and such...just use like 1000x times more and make a Tenno death star.  If it's feasible to control an archwing, why wouldn't it be feasible to control a heavily armed Battlestar?

Just sayin. 

We don't really know anything about the frames so we can't tell what else could've worked. 

A) to at least keep the illusion of balance through discipline (rather than balance through superior firepower, though we have that covered too).

And B) Sentients adapt to bigger fancier technology faster, the original application of Warframes was to use "zero-tech" against them.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Just sayin. 

That would be like using a nuke to kill a fly; youd kill the fly but also everything around the fly for miles............kinda like a certain country's military tactics now that I think about it.

Its would be unnecessary overkill that would just result in more harm than good 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Just sayin. 

The problem is that we don’t know if that ship could support the void power of the kids,probably the orokin tried this and other things but is supposed that only the infested flesh mixed with metal is able to support this power

Why are people trying find logic in a videogame? 

Why frames? Because the game is about you being a Warmachine that clears hundreds of enemies in ships & planets.

I mean i can give a half assed response like " The corpus & the grineer are too stronk ! " Or " The Tenno are about holding the balance of the universe not shifting it ! " but that just silly in my opinion.

Its just how it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Couple things:

1. Bugdet: Every tenno has to pay for their own weapons and make frames by themselves. We literally go to the Corpus gambling site to make money(The Index).

2. Technology: Maybe the Lotus has it but the technology to make Warframes that can withstand and channel the Tenno's void power died with the Orokin. All frames are relics from the Orokin, even Valkyr was made by them,  Alad V just tortured her. Zanuka is made of Warframes but I doubt it works like a proper frame.

3. Wouldn't work in the end: We are incredibly outnumbered, probably billions to one and they just keep cloning, building and infecting more enemies, that's why we fight in short missions and move in a ship smaller than a house. A void powered ship might be OP but still wouldn't win against 1 million ships per faction closing in from all the corners of the system.

BUT

[DE]Steve did show a ship on his Sunday stream.

Exactly as the folks describe above. 1) We don't have anywhere we could build a Void-Naught unnoticed that wouldn't be blown to pieces or instantly co-opted by another faction (allied or otherwise),2) operators can only control one frame or entity at a time, something that has to move organically enough for it to simulate a full range of motions such as the maw's biteing and flying, a ship lacks any kind of organic motion, and 3) even if we were to build a single giant Balance defending ship, every enemy in the Sol-origin system would destroy in just a few tiny flimsy moments. Can you imagine what a Fomorian (Balor or otherwise) would do to that big of a target, given how it took down an entire habitable space station?

In the end, ''tis a pipe dream to fight wolverines with a single well-trained weasel. Sure, it might get a few potentially fatal cuts on one, but then the others will just snap it's flimsy neck when it isn't looking.

On 2017/11/30 at 12:30 PM, _Draken_ said:

we could control the golden maw though, i really liked that gameplay. Maybe one day we can control the zanuka and run around killing corpus

You have to realize that part was in the operator’s mind, not in the physical world

On 30/11/2017 at 11:20 AM, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

Just sayin. 

the Tenno is a coalition of children that dream about being big men, that are easily swayed into working for anyone or anything that offers them guns or ribbons. the person over watching them all it a giant space digger that was meant to be building lost cost real estate for an technological master race. she thinks the best way to get the tenno a seat in the universe is to go around indiscriminately killing entire ships worth crews and lying to them. 

I dont think the tenno would be able in any capacity to be able to build or man a ship or ever have the communication skills to want to. 

what we need to hope is that Baro doesn't decide to take over the tenno race with the offer of free primed gear and colour packs 

1 hour ago, Horaciozhao said:

You have to realize that part was in the operator’s mind, not in the physical world

Was it? I don't think so. 

After we stopped "dreaming", we used some kind of altered form of Transference to teleport to our Warframe. Before we did, there was a cinematic in which Teshin was having a reprimanding about helping the Tenno. The Queens and/or Teshin wouldn't know about this. If we HAD just been dreaming, then the last thing Teshin would have done would be throwing his disk at us and taking our Warframe. And I think it is possible when thinking about the basis of the quest, the vibe it gives off, and other things. But then there's a little something Teshin said after our Warframe showed up again...

"Tenno, no! After all you did to escape, why come back now?" Or something along those lines.

Why would he mention us having to escape if we had dreamed it all? We never really got confirmation on what happened in The War Within, but I don't think it was all a dream. 

6 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Was it? I don't think so. 

After we stopped "dreaming", we used some kind of altered form of Transference to teleport to our Warframe. Before we did, there was a cinematic in which Teshin was having a reprimanding about helping the Tenno. The Queens and/or Teshin wouldn't know about this. If we HAD just been dreaming, then the last thing Teshin would have done would be throwing his disk at us and taking our Warframe. And I think it is possible when thinking about the basis of the quest, the vibe it gives off, and other things. But then there's a little something Teshin said after our Warframe showed up again...

"Tenno, no! After all you did to escape, why come back now?" Or something along those lines.

Why would he mention us having to escape if we had dreamed it all? We never really got confirmation on what happened in The War Within, but I don't think it was all a dream. 

Go replay it you will see. Teshin captured the frame, the queen then use kuva to enter operator’s mind, preventing the operator to cut the link. Then teshin entered the mind to free the operator. The queen is burrowing into the operator’s mind until teshin freed the memory blocked by Magulis. The final scene of the dream sequence was you standing in front of the mirror with the queen on th other side. Then you are back to reality with ordis still screaming “transference overloadi, 5, 4,3,2,1”, and you cut the link, then use the new full transference unlocked by teshin to go save him. All The ravenous maw part was teshin trying to unblock your ability hidden by magulis in your mind.

oh and, the queen was angry to teshin because the continuity failed which shouldn’t have. The only other person capable of doing something in that room was teshin. So she assumed it was him and interrogated: “what did you do Teshin Dax?” Also, since the queen was in the Tenno's mind, she would know something went wrong and someone messed with her plan to take over the body and kill tenno's mind.

Edited by Horaciozhao

On 11/30/2017 at 5:33 AM, rapt0rman said:

B) Sentients adapt to bigger fancier technology faster, the original application of Warframes was to use "zero-tech" against them.

How.  The.  Crap.  Margulis memory-locked all our advanced powers.  Margulis was dead before the Sentients returned.  How did we fight the Sentients without tech with all our fancy void powers and transference locked away behind mental blocks?

13 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

How.  The.  Crap.  Margulis memory-locked all our advanced powers.  Margulis was dead before the Sentients returned.  How did we fight the Sentients without tech with all our fancy void powers and transference locked away behind mental blocks?

Transference WAS one of the blocks and powers sir/mam. It was the OPERATOR form that was sealed away from us to keep us from explodeing things and killing others or ourselves. All our power was being strictly channeled through the Warframes that were our ""true"" bodies. Believe me that, with a Valkyr, an Excalibur, an Atlus, and either a Limbo or a Trinity, our frames could very VERY much pull off a Sentient slaughter, guns or no guns.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:20 AM, (PS4)BattleCry1791 said:

just use like 1000x times more and make a Tenno death star.  If it's feasible to control an archwing, why wouldn't it be feasible to control a heavily armed Battlestar?

oh the Empire.....Orokin Empire wish you been there before they fell. 

Then again, instead of only wiping the Orokin, tenno would had wiped the system instead. No game to build on that.:crylaugh:

Why Warframes?

Because the tech used to create the Warframes was originally to help the children control and contain their new powers. The Orokin use of them to combat the Sentinels was a last ditch effort.

Warframes were never created to combat the Grineer, Corpus, or Infested. They were created to kill the Sentinels.

As for creating the huge ships now....well, there would be the cost and effort of building them, plus learning to control them, which would possibly mean the invention of new tech, or at least a new application of tech, plus the Tenno learning new ways of using their abilities, etc, etc ,etc.

Far easier to send in Tenno in Warframes to get the job done.

Also, there's the "human" factor. Controlling a non-humanoid form for any length of time could not possibly be good for a person's Id (notion of self).

Then there's the fact that such a project would gain the attention of the other factions. Like Tenno group to take out Razorbacks and Ambulas. The Grineer and Corpus, and possibly other factions like New Loka, would join en mass to prevent such power being centralized by the Tenno.

So why it may be a good idea on paper, once you look at all the downsides....not so much.

Sentients, lore explains the Orokin tried things like that and failed.  Sentients are able to control technology like we wear clothes, guns, ships, robots turrets, doors, armor, anything that had a computer in it was just something the Sentients could take and turn against the Orokin.  Tenno being the only thing that could hurt them and Warframes being made of flesh and metal made them immune to the Sentients power, warframe weapons are also referred to as "Low-Tech Weapons" as they require manual operation and offer computerized assistance.  

If you need a reference please refer to Simaris and Codex Lore or just use the Wiki.

Edited by Orcot