Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The best ongoing game award.

TheBrightKing

You may not have won the physical prize guys... but look at this:

Look at all the comments, those are the proof that you actually won, dont let some popularity-prize presentator tell you otherwise DE. 

Everyone should know a game with 1 year of life without significant changes should not be in this category, dont even think of winning it.

You dont have a physical trophy to prove it, but you have something better, you have your community, you have the stats, your game has grown massively from when it first released. You didnt need a big name like blizzard to become what you are now.

Congratulations DE, you won the best ongoing game award, the real one, not that stinky physical piece of metal that they give to the most popular game.

I agree as well. It should of won..but I forget the reasoning for overwatch winning.

The only reason it won, was because its a popular game. And people who host these things, aren't really gamer's. They just go by if its popular enough, it goes on the list as number one. But at-least they had some shots at EA during it. They at least knew EA crossed the line big time...especially that lovely drunk guy who hates a...certain other event for movies.

Edited by Exlodian_Akitora

this is why i dislike those kinds of game awards things, 90% of the time its shady back deals with AAA developers and getting paied for picking them, also cuphead won 2 prizes? its a cartoon side shooter, they dont want people to think free games are better then games that cost money and they try to have the viewers pick up the award winning games.

also, i do think they dident picked warframe for the spam fest of Clem in the chat, so that could also be a reason.

16 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

this is why i dislike those kinds of game awards things, 90% of the time its shady back deals with AAA developers and getting paied for picking them, also cuphead won 2 prizes? its a cartoon side shooter, they dont want people to think free games are better then games that cost money and they try to have the viewers pick up the award winning games.

also, i do think they dident picked warframe for the spam fest of Clem in the chat, so that could also be a reason.

No i dont think that the chat can be involved due the fact that the awards are based on opinions from specific communitys..

ps see here how proude [DE]Steve is on us during the chat :crylaugh:

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/938939099183923200

25 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

The video game awards are no different then the academy awards in my opinion. We are basically told what is the best based on the opinions of those who run the event. It's pretty much rigged.

Overwatch might as well be one big video game award that has somehow manifested as an actual game. It was great at release but it's going down a miserable path. I think Blizzard is more interested in shoving money into the idea of Overwatch, the idea that it's popular, the idea that its esports scene is good, rather than actually maintaining the game and it's playerbase with frequent updates, balancing, and content. 

Unless they change things I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the running example of "too big to fail" in a couple years, and for however many years Blizzard keeps shoving money into it after that.

Edited by Beartornado

These awards are nice and all but i think everyone's getting out of control with the badmouthing. I'm guilty of it myself but i had time to think. Maybe the overwatch devs needed this. maybe morale was low and this was a nice push. DE knows we love them. We cheer them on every day. Maybe we all just need to let it go.

Press (A) to let go.

Press [F] to let go. (PC)

Edited by Lancars

as I mentioned in the salt threads, Warframe will still gain a large amount of publicity from the awards, we have new players joining us all the time (but only a minority bother to have forum accounts), and DE will continue to invest in the game in an effort to be nominated again and win it next year.

I will say that the criteria for "best on-going game" should probably be reviewed: Destiny 2 has only been out for 3 months, it hasn't by any standards even been given the chance to grow (though i already see the direction it's taking, and it makes me glad I've stopped playing it). the award for Best On-going Game should only be allowed to games that have been around for at least 2 years, have been given large updates that make considerable changes and additions to the gameplay mechanics, and still have a large active playerbase (a few million logging in for at least a couple hours a day.) not sure about R6 or PUBG, but the only other contender i saw there was GTA, which I've played since 2013.

but hey, it's over with now. let's get back to directing our salt at DE so they can continue to improve the game we love.

Il y a 14 heures, Lancars a dit :

These awards are nice and all but i think everyone's getting out of control with the badmouthing. I'm guilty of it myself but i had time to think. Maybe the overwatch devs needed this. maybe morale was low and this was a nice push. DE knows we love them. We cheer them on every day. Maybe we all just need to let it go.

Press (A) to let go.

Press [F] to let go. (PC)

Well, they are not nice in the first place; they nominated destiny 2, a game with 3 months longevity to best ongoing game, as well as pubg that was also nominated for goty...

maybe warframe didn't win because 3/4 of the update we have are fix to glitch and problem that DE create all the time they release an update

then look all the nerf we got before the award, maybe tons of people rage and removed also the vote etc who know

and just to say , chat was full of warframe player for only 1 reason , the syandana reward...

Edited by LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R