Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing interest; Plat impossible

(XBOX)PredakingXYT

I just can't seem to find anyone willing to trade with me, I've tried for hours over many days, I typed in the WTS, WTT, WTT(F), said that I will trade what I have for plat. Nobody approaches me, I have 3 warframe slots and no plat to buy anymore, I have Nyx building, Oberon on his way, plus all the Dojo warframes ready to be built, but whats the point if I can't use them ? I am getting bored only being able to use the same old things, this premium currency is a poor mechanic. There is little I can do in this game when half the quests revolve around getting new frames but I can't do anything with them. Why is it that everyone else thinks plat is easy to come by ? I ahve parts for Mirage, Nekros, Valkyr, Silva/Aegis, none of that appeals to anybody for plat

Because you probably have common parts, and because you have to list a price in your WTS, one that is reasonable. I personally dont even bother to PM offers if someone is wanting to sell but doesn't say for how much. Simply a waste of time.

The problem is not the mechanic. It is not knowing how to use it.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

I just can't seem to find anyone willing to trade with me, I've tried for hours over many days, I typed in the WTS, WTT, WTT(F), said that I will trade what I have for plat. Nobody approaches me, I have 3 warframe slots and no plat to buy anymore, I have Nyx building, Oberon on his way, plus all the Dojo warframes ready to be built, but whats the point if I can't use them ? I am getting bored only being able to use the same old things, this premium currency is a poor mechanic. There is little I can do in this game when half the quests revolve around getting new frames but I can't do anything with them. Why is it that everyone else thinks plat is easy to come by ? I ahve parts for Mirage, Nekros, Valkyr, Silva/Aegis, none of that appeals to anybody for plat

Sell syndicate weapons/mods for the easiest non RNG way to earn a steady plat income. This includes simaris mods.

If it's not rare, people wont want it. If you put in some work, it's truly not that hard to grind out the latest prime access (Mirage) and earn enough to buy a few slots.

Also, it's much easier to watch trade chat for WTB to make a sale than it is to catch someone at just the right time for your WTS.

Warframe has one of the best (if not the best) premium currencies in f2p

Edited by Hypernaut1

First, my message for everyone else, don't use the in-game Trade chat for trading, it's strictly for selling and making plat. It shouldn't be that way but that's the reality. The prices are purposely overinflated and people there have the bartering and social skills of a 5 year old. Use the Trade forum here for trading. You can neatly organize what you have for sale and people can even easily search for stuff.

Back to the topic here, if you want to make plat you're going to have to dedicate some time to farming sought after items, as well as be willing to undercut others. I undercut EVERYBODY, and I'm rarely wanting for plat.

Don't be stubborn. Don't lose a customer just because you absolutely want 100P for something but their max offer is 85P. Just take the deal. You'll make more plat easier later as you unlock warframes and gear that let you farm easier.

Be reasonable. When you see someone asking for a Furax Riven, don't tell them you want 90P. Screw that. No one likes the weapon and the rivens for it are essentially coasters. It's useless to 99% of the players, there's almost zero demand for it. Asking 20P to 30P for a sort of hard to get item that would otherwise just be more garbage in your inventory sounds about right.

Put your asking price in the message. As a buyer, when I don't see an asking price I automatically assume you're trying to rip me off so I won't contact you.

Also, you have to understand that people browsing the Trade chat are generally Sellers, not Buyers. You're going to have to do a lot of spamming to hopefully reach the stray buyer that might be interested in your item. Luckily "WTB" are easy to spot among the "WTS" prefixes, so keep your eyes peeled.

Like someone said before, Sindicate items are a good way to make plat too. People regularly buy the augments for like 5 to 10p. The special weapons can be like 20-50P. Plus, you can also buy relic packs with Sindicate standing, giving you chances at farming rarer items.

Second what Meristu said.  When people suddenly feel they need dukats, you can pretty easily sell a batch of five prime trash for 10-12p.  And along the way, maybe complete a few prime sets (either for your own use or to sell).  Or you wind up grouped with someone like me (and old player returning, with vaulted relics) and get a vaulted rare drop.  As Hypernaut mentioned, syndicate weapons/mods are also an option.  If you go that route, I'd suggest not going Red Veil/Steel Meridian, as that pairing seems to be the most common choice.  You can also go on void vault runs.  You'll need the dragon key recipes, but certain mods from those can sell for 10-20p.  Of course, there's really only a couple in high demand, and so most of what you get won't sell so easy.

Lastly, you can also go for the dual status mods from spy runs.  A lot of people will have them from farming Ivara, though, so demand may be limited.

Mostly, it gets easier once you've got a bit of a plat buffer.  Then you can sell stuff from time to time, but never really NEED to sell stuff.  And if you need another slot, boom, you buy it.  To get to that point, you need either a bit of volume on cheaper stuff or a nice, big sale.  Which isn't the easiest thing to do when you're just starting out.  But it will get better with time.

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

this premium currency is a poor mechanic.

I mean, you're playing this game for free.  Digital Extremes has to keep the lights on somehow. 

If you want to trade, you're going to get more people trading if you:

• Structure you're Trade Channel sales pitch like this: "WTS Loki Prime 100p"
  • Offer items that are in high demand.
  • Lower your prices.
  • Trade during high traffic times (weekends).
  • Pay attention to what people say they want to buy, and get in touch with them if you have it.  If you don't, research those items and find out how to get them.
  • Play through more of the game.  This will unlock more content and make you stronger, meaning you'll have greater access to the items that people really want to buy.

If you're trying to sell common mods at high prices only to get plat or waiting to someone give you the price they want, then no one will trade with you.

Learn the prices, sell things people want in the right time instead of throwing trash in the trade chat and waiting people to buy it because you need plat.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

Prime parts and rare mods, are where the plat is. 

1. Run void missions on "public", and pick your choice from the rewards. If you need a relic for void missions, run defense missions or trade in you syndicate rep for relic packs.

2. Rare mods can drop from any mission, mob, vault, etc. Scan foes and critters for your codex. Once an entry is complete, you can see what rare items they drop (if any).

3. Check up on rare items and prime gear here : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

4. Check up prices, or use it as a guideline for your own : https://warframe.market/

:meridian:

1 hour ago, meristu said:

wait for baro and then sell prime trash

So how does that work exactly,

I have 3 Prime weapons bluetprints (Braton, Paris, Silva/Aegis) Along with Valkyr and her Systems, nekros Chassis and systems, and Mirage neuroptics and Chassis (all prime blueprints) Do I just go the the void trader ?

P.S, thanks for everyone giving ideas, I love the game but I fell like the game is notorious for its mechanics being explained in little detail.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

I have 3 Prime weapons bluetprints (Braton, Paris, Silva/Aegis) Along with Valkyr and her Systems, nekros Chassis and systems, and Mirage neuroptics and Chassis (all prime blueprints) Do I just go the the void trader ?

P.S, thanks for everyone giving ideas, I love the game but I fell like the game is notorious for its mechanics being explained in little detail.

There are a fair number of mechanics with barely any in-game explanation behind them, typically relying on you researching it via the wiki or reaching out to other players for help. However I think that ends up becoming a draw for many players in an age where many games are dumbed down to simplified handholding that offers no real thought to use. I'm not saying a good middle ground can't be reached, but as it is there's a charm to the game that makes you work for your success.

Edited by Beartornado

Just now, Beartornado said:

There are a fair number of mechanics with barely any in-game explanation behind them, typically relying on you researching it via the wiki or reaching out to other players for help. However I think that ends up becoming a draw for many players in an age where many games are dumbed down to simplified handholding that offers no real thought to use. I'm not saying a good middle ground can't be reached, but it's easier to appreciate the game and everything it has to offer if you're willing to reach out to others regularly or do your own research on the wiki or forums/reddit. 

Fair point, I also find that this way the game forcing players to get help from other players makes for a better/stronger community, no toxicity here (Looking at you Overwatch!)!

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

Fair point, I also find that this way the game forcing players to get help from other players makes for a better/stronger community, no toxicity here (Looking at you Overwatch!)!

Also I should contribute to that fact by answering your question above: you should be able to go to any of the relays regardless of whether or not the void trader is present (I think) and head to the center of the relay just past the Rhino statue. Turn right and there should be a console on the left of that bridge where you can sell prime parts for Ducats, which is the currency you need to buy things from the void trader. This is typically a better investment on prime parts that would only get you 5 plat or perhaps even less depending on how common they are as they would be rather hard to sell and not worth the time invested to find a buyer. 

Edited by Beartornado

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

when you have parts from the newest prime access (in this case, mirage prime), even the common parts can be sold for a fair amount of plat. that's only during the first week or so though

you go to any relay, in the rhino statute room, there's a console directly at the right/left of the statue, you can exchange you prime parts for ducats there 

the basic idea is you sell the very common prime parts to people who want ducats so they can trade them for ducats. usually the conversion is 5:5p or 5:10p

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

For new players plat is hard to come by. It's the wall people either survive or leave. You'll have to learn how to trade in this kind of environment. I'd suggest doing Vault Runs if you are in a dojo with an orokin lab (just look up a guide on youtube). Vault mods are always useful. Syndicate mods too (augments), but those are harder to get to... gosh, thinking about it, I forgot how hard it is for the new players to even like this game without plat.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Grinding faction mods is the best way to get steady plat now.  Prices are stable at 9-15 plat, have been since Viver crashed, no RNG.  If you have the patience to invest in Baro mods (Buzzkill, P Pressure Point, etc), those can also pay off.  Prime parts haven't been good to trade since relics.  If they prime a mass appeal frame, its parts might be worth it for a month or so, but thats about it.