Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE buff beam weapons

iceyShardZ

with the new damage update,it would be a good oppertunity to buff some of the beam weapons in game,they are some of the most under used,and some of the weakest,

things like the glaxion for example:

innacurate beam,short range,no crit,barely any status,insane ammo consumption,

you can see why players are upset,

i do think though that something that can fix that,is not a damage buff,but rather either a crit or a status buff,maybe make the status a status per tick rather than per second,

so you could actually reach actual 100% status or something like that.

maybe just increase raw damage,maybe increase the crit chance,maybe increase the amount of ticks per second

idk,

but a change is due and that is the perfect time to work on that!:thumbup:

EDIT:

Spoiler

the change i would suggest in general is just changing the status from per second to per tick,

while also making the tick rate x1.5~x2 of what it is right now,for all beam weapons,

this way all of these weapons can proc status more often,have more reliable builds,and they would be abled to compete with the currently considered decent weapons for high levels

to be clear i am not suggesting to up the raw damage per second of these weapons,i am merely suggesting making the tick rate faster,for example:

if a beam weapon does 400 dps, in 4 ticks,the ticks would go

but if you double it,it would be like this:

both happen in a second,the second one has a much higher chance to proc a status,and also has more chance of actually hitting in pvp.

Edited by iceyShardZ

Almost all kind of weapons needs buffs and some weapon in specific areas needs a total overhaul but still we need to wait with this changes and how this will plays. Some weapon got it's buffs and tweaks but there are still a lot which out to date or underused.

11 minutes ago, Szilvia said:

Almost all kind of weapons needs buffs and some weapon in specific areas needs a total overhaul but still we need to wait with this changes and how this will plays. Some weapon got it's buffs and tweaks but there are still a lot which out to date or underused.

i think the difference here with beam weapons though is that it is less the stats which are flawed,

i think it might be the ticking mechanic itself

you see with a beam weapon,you might be pointing at an enemy,shoot him in the end,but it wouldn't register damage until a certain period of time has past,

that makes hitting moving targets(especially in conclave) incredibly annoying,and also because the ticks are so slow,the status is so abysmal,

it might be that if they only doubled the tick rate of these weapons,without touching the stats at all,

it could make them pretty effective and viable,with the exception of the glaxion which might also need an ammo consumption change,

other than that probably no further changes would be required

the weapons themselves are flawed,not their stats necessarily,therefore this would probably need a more immediate change than a stat overhaul,and players find these weapons fun,

i think its due time to furfill this request because it has been requested for a long time now :P

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

The main problem with beam weapons is their status per second. Until that's changed all status based beam weapons (most of them) will be crap.

yep,the status should be changed to status per tick,

and the tick rate should be x2 or x1.5 of what it is now

this would be an easy fix for all of these weapons

Edited by iceyShardZ

Glaxion was a bad example it is one of the best weapons in the game (and fun) with Phantom Reach mod it kills from way accross the map add a detonation mod and it wipes out mobs with one shot.

But point noted some of the beam weapons are not fun at all and don't even get to be modded (therefore will always be bad)

11 minutes ago, iceyShardZ said:

i think the difference here with beam weapons though is that it is less the stats which are flawed,

i think it might be the ticking mechanic itself

you see with a beam weapon,you might be pointing at an enemy,shoot him in the end,but it wouldn't register damage until a certain period of time has past,

that makes hitting moving targets(especially in conclave) incredibly annoying,and also because the ticks are so slow,the status is so abysmal,

it might be that if they only doubled the tick rate of these weapons,without touching the stats at all,

it could make them pretty effective and viable,with the exception of the glaxion which might also need an ammo consumption change,

other than that probably no further changes would be required

the weapons themselves are flawed,not their stats necessarily,therefore this would probably need a more immediate change than a stat overhaul,and players find these weapons fun,

i think its due time to furfill this request because it has been requested for a long time now :P

yep,the status should be changed to status per tick,

and the tick rate should be x2 or x1.5 of what it is now

this would be an easy fix for all of these weapons

Most of these weapons need a faster travel time because the beams have travel time except few like quanta. Quanta is one of the best of it's kind and very ammo efficient and it can be strong enough. Glaxion is fun weapon but it's ammo consumption is just abysmal like the amprex which also have very low damage and very small magazine+total ammo.

1 hour ago, Retchid said:

Glaxion was a bad example it is one of the best weapons in the game (and fun) with Phantom Reach mod it kills from way accross the map add a detonation mod and it wipes out mobs with one shot.

But point noted some of the beam weapons are not fun at all and don't even get to be modded (therefore will always be bad)

to me the glaxion IS the most fun weapon in the game,with punch through and lining up enemies it does pretty well,but its ammo consumption,range,and lack of status really hold it back when sh!t hits the fan

at some point,in higher levels,the glaxion might need two magazines to kill an enemy, while the tigris can just 1shot it like it was never born,and that is all because the status in the glaxion is per second,and not per tick,and the ticks are not fast enough!

if it had faster ticks it could easily rival the soma prime

i understand that maybe DE doesn't want all of their weapons in the same tier,so if not doubling the tick rate at least do it x1.5 of what it is now,

and make status not be per second but per tick

the exact same with the ignis and quanta

Edited by iceyShardZ

11 hours ago, Retchid said:

Against lvl 30's you mean lmao

Lois gonna have to cal BS on you for  that

Just tested in Simulacrum (not something I bother with) level 50 Corrupted heavy Gunner not even a problem

So for general play with Combustion Mod and Sinister Reach its a winner and a lot more fun than boring Tigris Prime

Edited by Retchid

15 minutes ago, Retchid said:

Just tested in Simulacrum (not something I bother with) level 50 Corrupted heavy Gunner not even a problem

So for general play with Combustion Mod and Sinister Reach its a winner and a lot more fun than boring Tigris Prime

again,level 50's are generally butter overall

6 hours ago, shoopypit said:

Up to level 50 is most missions. Besides some bounties and sorties. Otherwise that's ninety nine percent of the game

the community currently considers weapons that struggle with level 70 enemies after 7 formas garbage,also there are alot of people who don't enjoy these levels of enemies,because their frames simply can not die against these levels,therefore no challenge,therefore no point in fighting those enemies in the first place,

if your warframe survives just fine but you lose because your weapon only tickles enemies for a minute and then runs out of ammo,that weapon is usually not considered good

if your warframe barely survives but your weapon still 1shots enemies like its nothing,that weapon is considered crazy good

besides,differences like how most decent weapons can kill 20~30 lvl 150 heavy gunners before running out of ammo,the tigris can most likely kill around 70 before running out of ammo,while the glaxion with the BEST build you can think of for it with the craziest riven would likely only kill around 7~8

im not even asking for it to be up there with the f***ing tigris,just let it be even below the lower end like 15,like the ammo consumption is just ridiculous,

seriously the slightest buff of just splitting the ticks from 4 per second to 8 per second,but retaining the same damage per second would probably be good enough

Edited by iceyShardZ

On 1/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, Retchid said:

Try lvl 100 :]

If my atomos, which doesn't even have/need a riven to deal with stuff at level 120, gets buffed and can actually distribute status well for things like corrosive or gas so that I don't have to switch to other gear to strip armor, it will be sillyyyyyyy.

But RIP ignis and beam weapons in their glory days...even though fast rof weapons and shotguns seem like the same exact thing they wanted to move away from???

But yeah beam weapons need love, no /s.  They just got straight nerfed. Sometimes things need nerfs, but these were just dumpstered by DE

On 2018. 01. 02. at 7:30 AM, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

The main problem with beam weapons is their status per second. Until that's changed all status based beam weapons (most of them) will be crap.

The problem is that their status and the damage too is interlocked.

Both of them tick at approx every sec and even if they reset the status to the original work it would still not work properly as it is applied on damage ticks.

I think this is more of a weapon problem than a class problem, because a lot of beam weps are actually pretty awesome even with the crap status mechanic 

ignis, quanta and embolist are some of my most fun and played weps...especially embolist, that things melt corpus like nothing else 

I think a good solution is just to rebalance the status chance of beam weps, as in nerfing it for things like glaxion and high FR beam weps similar to it, while things like quanta with slow FR stay the same....rebalance those and make the status by tick instead of by sec....for example, 15% status chance for a wep that fires 10 rounds per sec is huge 

or, since DE is planing or doing something with 100%+ status, beam weps can be awesome for spreading higher tier status effects, or just make them spread those by default without needing to bypass the 100% chance mark 

let's say with 120% status chance, you could proc a corrosive proc that reduced enemy armor by 50% instead of 30% (I think that's the right number anyway), and making beam weps reduce armor by 50% every sec is kinda huge....normal weps have 20% chance of doing that while beam weps can do that every sec 

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

I think this is more of a weapon problem than a class problem, because a lot of beam weps are actually pretty awesome even with the crap status mechanic 

ignis, quanta and embolist are some of my most fun and played weps...especially embolist, that things melt corpus like nothing else 

I think a good solution is just to rebalance the status chance of beam weps, as in nerfing it for things like glaxion and high FR beam weps similar to it, while things like quanta with slow FR stay the same....rebalance those and make the status by tick instead of by sec....for example, 15% status chance for a wep that fires 10 rounds per sec is huge 

or, since DE is planing or doing something with 100%+ status, beam weps can be awesome for spreading higher tier status effects, or just make them spread those by default without needing to bypass the 100% chance mark 

let's say with 120% status chance, you could proc a corrosive proc that reduced enemy armor by 50% instead of 30% (I think that's the right number anyway), and making beam weps reduce armor by 50% every sec is kinda huge....normal weps have 20% chance of doing that while beam weps can do that every sec 

if by nerfing the glaxion's status chance you mean not making it a viable status weapon anymore,that would be dumb,since raw damage is nothing without crit or status,and the little status chance it has right now is all it has,

but if you mean nerfing the glaxion status chance AFTER making the status per tick and not per second,well that's obvious,if they double the amount of ticks per second,and make the status per tick and not per second,they probably shouldn't keep it at 35% since that would be kind of insane,but still, 15% would still not be enough for it to truly work due to basically no crits,however i would agree that around 20%~25% would be enough at that point

Edited by iceyShardZ