Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Free Prime With Prime

None.

I dont like to whine, but i had to put some effort to get all primes and now u try to tell me that others can get those just like that?

Besides its probably not gonna happen, dont even know why DE gave us (most likely some others, cause i already had all stuff from that bundle) Frost Prime etc.

How about some Twitch-themed cosmetics? Like y'know. What a lot of other Twitch Prime rewards do? And like Warframe already has a couple of?

Not just handing out equipment for free just because it's old? It seemed a little annoying that DE started giving away Frost Prime like candy after they unvaulted him and sold him for 60 bucks twice (Albeit with additional content.)

Edited by Zandermanith222

4 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

How about some Twitch-themed cosmetics? Like y'know. What a lot of other Twitch Prime rewards do? And like Warframe already has a couple of?

Not just handing out equipment for free just because it's old? It seemed a little annoying that DE started giving away Frost Prime away like candy after they unvaulted him and sold him for 60 bucks twice (Albeit with additional content.)

Cosmetics don't really hook in new players like functional items do.  It's actually a good thing for the game to have a promotion on twitch that gives new players a top tier gun and frame to start off with. 

No, didn't agree with it the first time due to them giving away 'top tier items' that in most cases are vaulted.  Hell I paid for frost when it was unvaulted in a twin pack with ember...if I'd have waited I'd have got it for free. 

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

No, didn't agree with it the first time due to them giving away 'top tier items' that in most cases are vaulted.  Hell I paid for frost when it was unvaulted in a twin pack with ember...if I'd have waited I'd have got it for free. 

The increased player retention is worth more than the twist in your knickers.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Epickiro7994130 said:

As I expected most people dislike the idea, however I believe if they threw in a Warframe like Oberon Prime or another not as highly liked Prime frame that most of you would be much more relaxed about the idea.

Don't count on it....

After chats with my clan we've noticed a change in the player base where they're basically expecting stuff without even needing to work for it and they're not interested in paying for stuff either so it's not improving DE's bottom line either.   While this promotion may have brought more players in, by giving them 'top tier items' without any effort a lot now basically expect the same for everything else too, not to mention they have no sense of progression etc because the weapons/frame they received for free can basically chew through the star map without any real effort. 

23 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Don't count on it....

After chats with my clan we've noticed a change in the player base where they're basically expecting stuff without even needing to work for it and they're not interested in paying for stuff either so it's not improving DE's bottom line either.   While this promotion may have brought more players in, by giving them 'top tier items' without any effort a lot now basically expect the same for everything else too, not to mention they have no sense of progression etc because the weapons/frame they received for free can basically chew through the star map without any real effort. 

This clearly happened in the last year and hasn't been true since DE let people into game. /s

Edited by Urabask

22 minutes ago, Urabask said:

This clearly happened in the last year and hasn't been true since DE let people into game. /s

Actually up until recently there wasn't much of this sort of player.  Yes players had issues with the amount of bad rng they received (still have that issue even today) but there wasn't really anyone expecting 'instant gratification' without needing to at least put some effort into it. 

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Actually up until recently there wasn't much of this sort of player.  Yes players had issues with the amount of bad rng they received (still have that issue even today) but there wasn't really anyone expecting 'instant gratification' without needing to at least put some effort into it. 

Warframe would be literally the first F2P video game ever where this happened.  But it isn't true and it's ridiculous to imply it is.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Epickiro7994130 said:

As I expected most people dislike the idea, however I believe if they threw in a Warframe like Oberon Prime or another not as highly liked Prime frame that most of you would be much more relaxed about the idea.

I did not like the Twitch Prime promotion personally. As someone that had all but one thing already (syandana), it was not appealing. Yes, it brings new players to the game. But no, it does nothing for me.

But what about those of us that have already farmed the things they are giving away? If DE do more, they really should consider those people. No, I do not care that they are giving out stuff I worked for. What bothers me is that there was nothing in it for me - someone that has played for over 4 years, and they are running promotions that give me nothing (a few free slots). I would much prefer them to give away new cosmetics; these would be useful to me.

Edited by krc473

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

*Yawn*
People have been whining about this kind of crap for years.  And just like you, a lot of them have somehow convinced themselves that it's something new.

Edited by Aggh

6 hours ago, Aggh said:

*Yawn*
People have been whining about this kind of crap for years.  And just like you, a lot of them have somehow convinced themselves that it's something new.

As I said in the original comment, it's something that is noticeable now, before it wasn't, I never said there was none originally....  There's a difference between it being a small subset which is unnoticeable to something that is more apparent due to a change in the type of player now playing the game. 

Edited by LSG501

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

As I said in the original comment, it's something that is noticeable now, before it wasn't, I never said there was none originally....  There's a difference between it being a small subset which is unnoticeable to something that is more apparent due to a change in the type of player now playing the game. 

I honestly don’t see it. While their are players who expect things to be handed to them by others I personally don’t think we can entirely blame that on the Prime deal. It truthfully is just the way the person acts. Take for example me. I got the Free Prime With Prime deal and I don’t expect anything (except for my clan to actually work on the dojo). I built the majority of my weapons and Prime stuff with little to no help from my clan.

Edited by (XB1)Epickiro7994130
Spelling error

I have no problem with this promotion. After four years of playing I see no problem with people getting a Prime for little effort. 

It takes me very little effort to get the newest Primes. The joy of having a Prime is not that I have something that few others have. I’m not that shallow. My enjoyment is not based on the fact that I have what others don’t. It’s that I have something powerful and KNOW HOW TO USE IT, the latter being the biggest deal. 

The fact that I also have all Primes, except founders, is also part of the joy. The joy of having a complete collection. My joy comes form knowing I have something, not that others lack something. 

Let the new players have their first Prime form a promotion. They’ll still have to learn how to use it properly, which is where satisfaction comes from.

If new players getting a Prime for free somehow reduces your fun you are drawing fun from the wrong source. 

I would like to see vaulted frames used for the Twitch Prime promotion. It would give new players a chance to get them reliably, and would prevent them from falling victim to the horribly inflated prices people like to charge for vaulted sets.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Epickiro7994130 said:

I honestly don’t see it. While their are players who expect things to be handed to them by others I personally don’t think we can entirely blame that on the Prime deal. It truthfully is just the way the person acts. Take for example me. I got the Free Prime With Prime deal and I don’t expect anything (except for my clan to actually work on the dojo). I built the majority of my weapons and Prime stuff with little to no help from my clan.

Might be difference in platforms, it appears you're using xbox while I'm on pc. 

Frost Prime's twitch thing came around after I'd accumulated most of the available primes (and some vaulted ones), and I was perfectly happy to see it. It helped a couple friends be excited about the game, and get into it in a big way, and I'm perfectly happy to get cool stuff with little to no effort also.

Besides, some random player freely receiving something I had to work* for doesn't affect me much at all. 

* "Work." If the game is work, stop playing.