Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pink Cyst on Neck is annoying

Final_Divinity

i just noticed this pink thing on my neck the other day and was very confused.  its been i dont know how many days and now it bigger with a feather-ish thing growing out of it.  being new i asked i chat about it and was told i mix it with an egg and get a dog lookin thing..... sounds good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

First: I am disappointed with how many people are just chopping up OPs and others arguments as just being "whinny" or "impatient". It completely undermines a valid point they bring up, and if you are one of those people that come here to make those claims, you should check with the rules of posting on the forms because it adds almost nothing to the thread topic. 

Second: I do think the implementation of the cyst and the pet you get from using the cyst is bad in general. The fact that players just get the cyst by just building a warframe or by chance of getting it from other players without choice can be improved. I don't think removing it from the game is necessary at all, considering the devs already said that it would have later implications. 

Personally I don't have interest in the pet or infested weapons and I think the cyst is annoying and ruins the look of my frame, and the option of having it removed when it appears or getting the cure ahead of time would be nice. I thinks the devs could make a quest that when activated it opens the possibility of getting infected up (rather than just getting it without choice) and unlocks the infested room on your ship would be cool and could add more story of why its, "a necessary evil" to have on you're ship. And for the players who want to have the cyst could then have the option to purposely get infected and let the cyst mature, so they don't have to wait and hope to get infected by other players or a Nidus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-01-06 at 12:12 AM, Final_Divinity said:

Exactly my point. I don't see why I have to deal with it for 7 days. It's for one stupid item I don't want. Why do I have to have such an unsightly pink cyst on my neck for 7 days on ALL MY WARFRAMES for a pet I DO NOT WANT.

because it is an actual part of the plot of the game it's a quest for crying out loud that makes it part of the game so sorry that part of the game offends you don't play it if it offends you

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vasteel4511 said:

New player here (just over a week or so), just wandered into the room and get first cyst popped, hadn't really noticed it before that.

Does the cyst have any gameplay affects whilst on the frame? or is it just a cosmetic thing?

No.  You can make a pet with it, but after that it's nothing but an annoyance.  And don't worry about popping it.  You'll get a fresh new one on every frame you build.

5 hours ago, Vasteel4511 said:

New player here (just over a week or so), just wandered into the room and get first cyst popped, hadn't really noticed it before that.

Does the cyst have any gameplay affects whilst on the frame? or is it just a cosmetic thing?

While on the Warframe, it is purely cosmetic and has 0 impact on your ability to play the game. 

You can choose to drain it on a Kubrow egg to gain a Helminth charger, but that's about it.

I really don't understand the people that pitch such a huge fit about it looking 'revolting' for a week or having to spend all of 10 seconds to walk into the room to remove the cyst from a frame. But whatever. People that are a little annoyed by it, but move on with their life, fine. But for the people that say it is so disgusting, how do you play infested missions or worse, infested derelicts without projectile barfing then? *shrug*

I think it is bugged for me. The cyst keeps reappearing on my frames. My Rhino Prime has gotten the cyst 3 times now, each time I've removed it with the chair. My Saryn Prime has gotten it 2 times now. I drained it with the breeder from my Umbra Excalibur, bought more stasis slots just for that, Umbra has pink blob on the neck again.

I guess all of my frames are just stuck with a pink lump with a curly hair sticking out of it for as long as I play Warframe.

1) Disinfect frames where the cyst looks ridiculous on (eg nova prime's neck rings)

2) keep infection on frames that it doesn't matter , or you don't use very often.

3) The infection allows you to create helminth chargers and access infested room...

4) Nidus seems to be only frame that can access infested room if you decide to cure all frames.

5) Once a frame is cured, it cannot be infected again to build a helminth charger pet.

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

PUSH

This problem has been a thing for so long now, and its ridiculous how it didn't get any attention from DE.

I know people want to keep this thing, but at least let those who DONT want their frame's neck to look so incredibly ugly have a choice. That 7 day wait is unnecessary and is ruining my fashion frame. Its very minor but its a big QOL improvement.

DE plz.

Edited by Nekrosmas

On 2018-07-25 at 12:02 PM, Hobie-wan said:

I really don't understand the people that pitch such a huge fit about it looking 'revolting' for a week or having to spend all of 10 seconds to walk into the room to remove the cyst from a frame. But whatever. People that are a little annoyed by it, but move on with their life, fine. But for the people that say it is so disgusting, how do you play infested missions or worse, infested derelicts without projectile barfing then? *shrug*

What I don't understand is the incessant need to insult anyone that finds it annoying.  It being a lesser issue doesn't make it not an issue.

I never knew this was such a crisis wow sad it's obvious to get rid such a thing in your ship go to the back and go left sit in the chair problem solved your over reacting to something very little that can be solved with a simple fix and complaining that you have to wait a week to remove it sad such a drama queen.

Am 6.1.2018 um 05:33 schrieb Final_Divinity:

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink puss bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS @(*()$ ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID &#! DOG. Why do I have to watch this @(*()$ cancer grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. @(*()$ let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty S#&$ in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

Please stop playing Warframe till you are 18 years old......and than play something else..............so many mental weak ppl in this com-.-I hope all of  you will give up and leave!!maybe than this game can grow again to become something less mainstream

Edited by Croise

There should be a workaround after X (5-7) number of a player's frames have been infected. Having to go through having a giant zit on 30+ frames for 7 days each is obnoxious and poor design. No idea how people could defend that as no big deal unless they get some kind of trolololol jollies out of other players' annoyance.

Edited by Buttaface

4 hours ago, Buttaface said:

There should be a workaround after X (5-7) number of a player's frames have been infected. Having to go through having a giant zit on 30+ frames for 7 days each is obnoxious and poor design. No idea how people could defend that as no big deal unless they get some kind of trolololol jollies out of other players' annoyance.

I think it's less trolololol and more a reaction to the over the top presentation of the OP and a couple of posters who reflect that behaviour.

Personally, I don't care about the cyst but I also wouldn't mind a vaccination option after x amount of frames are cured. I find that to be a wonderful concept that adds depth and gives the players more control over their experience. 

What bothers me is the blatant exaggeration of the effects this has on the game quality or a players experience (someone claimed the game was unplayable in a thread that has been since hidden) and general hostility towards anyone who doesn't hold the same level of frustration or repulsion.

The reason it bothers me is that it makes genuine, thoughtful, well written feedback harder to keep on the front page, and it devalues pretty much any genuine, thoughtful and well written feedback on the topic because will just jump in with both feet and trash the thread.

En 5/1/2018 a las 22:33, Final_Divinity dijo:

Like seriously. I literally stop playing my warframes that get the pink puss bubble on their neck as soon as it shows up. THIS IS @(*()$ ANNOYING AS HELL. Why is there not a way to remove it sooner. I DON'T WANT THAT STUPID &#! DOG. Why do I have to watch this @(*()$ cancer grow on my neck for SEVEN DAYS. As soon as it shows up why can't i get it removed? Why can't i just make all my warframes immune right now? I already know I will never want anything to do with infested weapons/warframes/pets/ WHATEVER, in the game. So let me remove it from my current frames and future frames now. It's disturbing AND lore breaking. My operator knows were the cure is. @(*()$ let me put it on all my warframes. In fact, why can't i just blowtorch that whole freaking infested room in my ship? Like why do I have to have that nasty S#&$ in my ship, when I kill infested where ever else I see it. I'm sick of this pink dot and I don't know why i'm FORCED to interact with something that is not RELEVANT to the main plot of the game. I forced to see content for a charger pet I DON'T EVER WANT to get.

I also complained about this... in the past... And you know what happened? Nothing. Well... that's not entirely true... Actually I adapted. I realized that waiting 1 week to remove each cyst... wasn't that bad at all. In fact, I hated it so much that I complained about how I didn't want an infested pet either... that I only used sentinels...and blah blah blah... You know what? Turns out I love my Helminth Charger now. It's my favorite... and if it wasn't for the great benefit of vacuum... I'd use it more often... but yeah... I even put 5 forma on it.

I noticed this thing on my warframes neck monday. Actually saw it before then, but thought it was a glitch or something. I noticed it grew on monday. I cant stand it. It's a Gross, Ugly, Repulsive, Hideous, Disgusting Eye-soar and i wish i could get rid of it Right now. But i understand i have to wait 7 days. I Wont leave my ship till those are up. So my question is, after those 7 days are up, will it be gone for good off of my frame with no chance of it coming back no matter what? (Immunity) I only use One warframe, AND i will literally Delete/sell my entire frame collection to make sure i dont get it on my main frame again. 

From some odd reason, i like the whole idea of the infection thing, But i just dont want it on My frame personally. If it's no way to prevent it than i will Leave squads that have nidus in it, and i will not do any Infested missions.