Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venus plains weapons

Dark_Chroma_Prime

I'm not sure but I have a feeling that Hok will be reserved for melee weapons, perhaps eventually expanding his craft into more sophisticated ones (the Ostrons are doing trades with the Corpus after all, and they probably salvage some Grineer scraps sometimes).

So my guess is that whoever's the "weapon craftsman" in Venus, they will deal with either Primary or Secondary weapons. 

I think the Venus landscape will feature modular guns of Corpus style, either primaries or secondaries. The fact that Amps are in the game shows they can apply the modular system to ranged weapons and they have a few ideas on how to do it. I do hope the new weapons are more complex than the Amps, featuring more nuanced combinations affecting crit, status, reload speed, mag size, etc. The current systems, while pretty groundbreaking as far as Warframe is concerned, is also a little limited. For Zaws, the link/balance is the major deciding factor in the weapon's stats, and for Amps, the diversity is scarce because each prism provides a single kind of primary fire with unmoddable, unalterable stats, and each scaffold provides a single kind of alt-fire that is similarly unalterable, and the brace provides only a small benefit, largely relating to ammo economy. Some of these problems could be solved by having more Amp parts available, but I still think the choices need to provide more diverse weapons (for future systems. I'm not advocating for a rehaul of Amps). I think DE will be able to successfully iterate on what they have accomplished so far.

it depends on what the culture of the the assumed ostron community on venus have adopted from there environment. given the tileset it will most likely be a frozen tundra, meaning ways of warming themselves would be key to most things they crafted. so maybe heat based weapons of some kind. im more interested in the quills on that planet   

at a guess, perhaps we'll make our own Corpus-tech Secondary weapons from various parts that we'll likely have to craft from resources found throughout the Landscape. everything from automatic laser pistols to energy rockets and beam pistols. (I just hope that Beam weapons are fixed first if they add those in).

1 hour ago, Casardis said:

I'm not sure but I have a feeling that Hok will be reserved for melee weapons, perhaps eventually expanding his craft into more sophisticated ones (the Ostrons are doing trades with the Corpus after all, and they probably salvage some Grineer scraps sometimes).

So my guess is that whoever's the "weapon craftsman" in Venus, they will deal with either Primary or Secondary weapons. 

I have a feeling that Hok'll be reserved for more primitive stuff. Bows, Knives and Glaives I'd love to see from him.

I sure hope it'll be something like Voeld from ME:Andromeda; stiff character facial expressions aside the snowy white plains and snowstorms of that planet was a sight to behold, especially with the necessary hardware to max graphics out. 

Lol back to weapons I second the idea of having modular firearms themed like the arca weapons.

Edited by God_Of_Mafeiness

I was very disinterested in Hok's Zaws, even with the Arcanes to make them a little more interesting, they were still just melee weapons and the game already has so many of them.

Now I am a big fan of the sleek metallic and utilitarian Corpus art style, if there was a Modular Primary/Secondary Corpus weapon system with different projectile types and such, I would be way more into that. And just the landscape being Corpus themed in general, I would love to explore Corpus outposts that are about the same size as the Grineer encampments!

Though with how DE typically treats the Corpus, I'm imagining there will be all of three new assets and everything else will be reused and/or reskinned.

4 hours ago, Grimm said:

it depends on what the culture of the the assumed ostron community on venus have adopted from there environment. given the tileset it will most likely be a frozen tundra, meaning ways of warming themselves would be key to most things they crafted. so maybe heat based weapons of some kind. im more interested in the quills on that planet   

But isn't Venus very hot? This is just one google search away people... come on. And quills mostly hunt eidolons I don't think there will be any on this planet.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

25 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

But isn't Venus very hot? This is just one google search away people... come on. And quills mostly hunt eidolons I don't think there will be any on this planet.

Hidden and entrenched in the mountainous peaks of Venus, the Corpus practice their industrious craft. the superstructures built here are a testament to the inventive Corpus engineers that have settled in regions where lingering Orokin technologies still moderates surface temperatures.

—Venus Fragment

This was just one google search away, come on...

1 minute ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

so the temperature is moderate, people can live in it. ok, but does that mean there will be snow? no. so im' just saying it won't be a frozen tundra because the planet itself is the exact opposite. so just don't be expecting snow guys. 

No, the temperature is moderated, as in controlled, not moderate.

It's also not unreasonable to expect a snowy map given the Venus tileset itself, and subsequently the planet, is covered in snow...

cJmpHte.png

Didn't even need a google search for that one...

Just now, DeMonkey said:

No, the temperature is moderated, as in controlled, not moderate.

It's also not unreasonable to expect a snowy map given the Venus tileset itself, and subsequently the planet, is covered in snow...

cJmpHte.png

Didn't even need a google search for that one...

huh, well look at that. I didn't know technology could transform an entire planets weather lol. guess I was wrong, I haven't played Venus in a while.

Just now, (PS4)i7081277 said:

huh, well look at that. I didn't know technology could transform an entire planets weather lol. guess I was wrong, I haven't played Venus in a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming

Whilst Terraforming is specifically the hypothetical act of making a planet ''Earth-Like'', it's conceivable that the act could be altered to make a planet colder than ''Earth-Like''.

Image result for the more you know gif

7 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Yeah, it's terra-forming which in theory is possible.

Anyway, we actually do see machines that are destructible in such snowy maps.

They look a little like extractors but can be destroyed.

Not sure if they are orokin or based of orokin designs though.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

Terraforming Tech

Good synopsis here:

2 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

thats really cool! but for the change to be so drastic... that would take some super futuristic technology with I don't doubt the corpus have but I bet it would be extremely expensive to create. would it really be worth it to completely change Venus' climate? 

Well, lore-wise it's the Orokin who did it. And considering the Orokin have done some impractical stuff before (infinite energy just to power decorations, ayatans), I wouldn't put it past them.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

thats really cool! but for the change to be so drastic... that would take some super futuristic technology with I don't doubt the corpus have but I bet it would be extremely expensive to create. would it really be worth it to completely change Venus' climate? 

It's Orokin tech that changed the planet.

Technology arguably works better in the cold. Less heating issues and increased conductivity are the main reasons I know of. It would make sense for a techofanatic group to want to settle somewhere that would suit their interests and allow them to develop new tech easier.

Edited by DeMonkey

5 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I don't think it is an issue of profit or worth but more of for survival.

I mean even in real life, ideas of terraforming Mars or other planets are born from the idea that Earth might eventually become uninhabitable due to rising sea levels or drastic climate change as a result of polution and/or global warming.

So, for the Corpus, while it is possible they derive some monetary benefits for doing this, it is very likely they did it out of desperation and for survival.