Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Deluxe Skin

Vanille

1 hour ago, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

I have mixed feelings about the skin (I mean, it looks great, but it's not much that you couldn't just do with Tennogen rather than a Deluxe skin and a whole new model just for the same effect as regular Mesa? I mean seriously), but that Syandana might just be one of my favourites of the last year or more. I can't wait to get my hands on it
:community:

And here we go. Same problem I've seen in every other game - even with restrictions, people will always prefer user-created content over developer made content. Every time.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Looks like crap op. You are in serious need of optometrists visit.

Thanks for the insult mate. 

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

ehhhhh

I don't mean to take shots at you (haha MagPrime I know, sue me), and fashion is completely opinion, but this Mesa skin is 1000% better in quality, textures, and look than the Mag Deluxe we got. The metallic textures and cloth physics are so amazing, and the Revolver skin for the secondaries is phenomenal. Her Regulators are also exceptional in detail.

16 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I don't mean to take shots at you (haha MagPrime I know, sue me), and fashion is completely opinion, but this Mesa skin is 1000% better in quality, textures, and look than the Mag Deluxe we got. The metallic textures and cloth physics are so amazing, and the Revolver skin for the secondaries is phenomenal. Her Regulators are also exceptional in detail.

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

ehhhhh

I love the deluxe !

Can't believe she is here @(Xbox One)RDeschain82  !

Can't stop crying ; 3 ;

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I agree , skin is well made from textures to pistol models.

Edited by Aeon94

2 hours ago, Cryptix123 said:

And here we go. Same problem I've seen in every other game - even with restrictions, people will always prefer user-created content over developer made content. Every time.

I actually prefer DE-created content, by and large. Whether commissioned to IgnusDei or not, previous Deluxe skins were officially released by DE. I think you might have misunderstood my core point, though... Deluxe skins should be a surprising new take on an established Warframe. If it's more or less what the 'frame already looks like with no thematic changes or additions, I don't see why it couldn't be contained to the existing model, or at the least the simple additions to the base provided by a Prime. Deluxe skins are a whole new model, crafted almost entirely from scratch. If we assume that each Warframe will only get one Deluxe skin ever, you want that Deluxe skin to really stand out and (while still representing the concept of the Warframe at its core) present something new to shake up the visual of that Warframe. You couldn't just make Frost Harka with the original Frost model, for instance, nor Mag Pneuma and her floating and rotating bits, even allowing for wild variations of helmets. Admittedly, Excalibur's Deluxe skin could have been more or less the exact same as just a re-skin, but he's a rather special case as Excalibur himself was a refined and streamlined version of the "incomplete" Proto-armour skin.

Don't mistake my concern for bashing the skin or the artists in any way. If I used Mesa even a bit more I wouldn't hesitate to get the skin as it is a much more ornate version of regular Mesa. In that sense, it looks really good. But, that's also my criticism.... it IS just a more ornate version of Mesa.

Biggest issue is how difficult it is to incorporate other helmets into it.

You are pretty much forced to use her Deluxe helmet because the other helmets just don't match up to the colors of the skin, and the weird back of the neck part where the models just don't match up together.

Same issue as the Mag Pneuma skin, both are gorgeous skins, but customization is really limited when you can't really use any other helmets because the way the textures of the skin interacts with the colors.

Which really sucks because with my preferred color scheme Mesa's Deluxe helmet reminds me of this every time i look at it

89082_firemanhelmet.jpg

6 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Considering the fact that Mesa Prime is soon, I don't know if it was smart idea to release the Deluxe now.

why are you so sure that Mesa is next? She has a chance but she can also come a lot later after Zephyr and 2x other male frames 

hace 2 minutos, Igni dijo:

why are you so sure that Mesa is next? She has a chance but she can also come a lot later after Zephyr and 2x other male frames 

That depends on the Zephyr's rework, which they're currently working on as they announced in the streams, if it's done by March or tho and you also have to consider that modeling Primes take some work. If they work on a Zephyr Prime model while working on the Zephyr rework at the same time, they risk not having a proper rework on time (unless the it has been already approved). So it's basically taking a safer route with Mesa Prime as it's popular, in good healthy state of gameplay and could be one of the most successful PA. We're just assuming after all though, we know nothing x]

29 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

That depends on the Zephyr's rework, which they're currently working on as they announced in the streams, if it's done by March or tho and you also have to consider that modeling Primes take some work. If they work on a Zephyr Prime model while working on the Zephyr rework at the same time, they risk not having a proper rework on time (unless the it has been already approved). So it's basically taking a safer route with Mesa Prime as it's popular, in good healthy state of gameplay and could be one of the most successful PA. We're just assuming after all though, we know nothing x]

i cant argue on any of your points. If you ask me i'd say it's 60% Mesa and 40% chance for Zephyr. But anyway. i am hyped for any of those 2 <3

I just bought the collection.

Syandana: pretty meh considering my 3 goto syandanas are from tennogen

Pistol skin: Oh boy he is great ... to replace the awfull look of akstiletto. Akbolto's p fits much better to this skin

Skin himself: I dont know man. First ember's deluxe, now this one. They looks more Prime rather than deluxe. At this rate i can name Mirage P "Jester Mirage" and sell it for 165p. The helmet is so damn small that anything but default looks like a Funko. The color selection and textures are dope tho.it 

Edited by TsukuyomiNoGeki