Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this possible?

MobyTheDuck

rzspN5d.jpg

He just stood there AFK for the entire mission, invincible. Teammates didnt want to leave since the mission (sortie 3) wasnt that hard.

I'm sorry, but why can a frame have such a massive troll/cancer potential?

When something can stay afk without the fear of dying or getting kicked AND can make 2/3 of your weapons useless when it wants, something is REALLY wrong. Why I'm being punished if someone picks Limbo?

10 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Why I'm being punished if someone picks Limbo?

You are not punished if someone picks Limbo. Simple.

You are punished when someone comes along and decides to troll/AFK. That is not exclusive to Limbo. Doing a defence? Oh, Nyx has the last enemy perma-mind controlled? Good luck!

Never blame the frame. We have a whole lot, it gives variety. Limbo is fine when played in a non-trolling way. It is simply the player that is the problem. Report the player, with evidence, to support? 

IF he stood still for the entire mission the AFK bot should have kicked in and stopped him getting rewards.  I've had it kick in when I'm using mesa/banshee where I have no option but to stand still when using their 4 so I'd like to think something like the OP experienced is being registered as afk.

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

IF he stood still for the entire mission the AFK bot should have kicked in and stopped him getting rewards.  I've had it kick in when I'm using mesa/banshee where I have no option but to stand still when using their 4 so I'd like to think something like the OP experienced is being registered as afk.

It's likely that said AFKer is just lightly tapping W every 90 seconds to avoid that scenario. The AFK rules only affect someone who's actually...AFK, not people who aren't actively playing the game but are sitting at their computer.

The same people trolling with this will also troll you with the vote-kick feature some of you want.

8 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

It's likely that said AFKer is just lightly tapping W every 90 seconds to avoid that scenario. The AFK rules only affect someone who's actually...AFK, not people who aren't actively playing the game but are sitting at their computer.

I've been registered afk even when my mouse has been moving the entire time (mesa).... I couldn't get any more active than moving the mouse with peacemaker active lol

If they just require a 'keystroke' to defeat the afk bot then they need to do a rework.

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've been registered afk even when my mouse has been moving the entire time (mesa).... I couldn't get any more active than moving the mouse with peacemaker active lol

If they just require a 'keystroke' to defeat the afk bot then they need to do a rework.

Yeah, the system specifically requires movement ie walking around. Mesa's a common problem with it.

It's one of those really difficult systems to balance, because it's designed to punish players doing the wrong thing, but if it's too strict, it starts to punish players who are doing the right thing too. I'd rather that it doesn't get in my way than for every single AFKer to be punished perfectly.

31 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

maybe try doing more than just standing still looking around? ive never once been marked AFK while playing mesa or banshee since with mesa i pop in and out of ult and with banshee i turn it off at the end of the round or after i run out of energy. my banshee build lets me stay in ult for a solid 2 minutes. i could go longer if i got rid of RQ but still theres no reason you should be staying in it for longer than that

9 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

maybe try doing more than just standing still looking around? ive never once been marked AFK while playing mesa or banshee since with mesa i pop in and out of ult and with banshee i turn it off at the end of the round or after i run out of energy. my banshee build lets me stay in ult for a solid 2 minutes. i could go longer if i got rid of RQ but still theres no reason you should be staying in it for longer than that

I do normally move around enough to not trigger it but on defence you don't always need to move until a wave or even multiple waves are done etc.  I've even had a couple of occasions when it's triggered for imo no reason, I wasn't in peacemaker long enough and I was moving around too. 

However, the point I was making was more a case of if you can get caught going 'afk' while still actually doing stuff (mesa peacemaker actually requires interaction) then the OP's player should have been picked up too if he was literally doing nothing the entire mission.

Banshee with resonating quake has more strength and range the longer it's active, if you can keep it up then it starts with higher damage on the next range which can potentially speed up the level.  Not to mention there's the cc build which is supposed to be up for a long period of time...

11 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

Yeah, the system specifically requires movement ie walking around. Mesa's a common problem with it.

It's one of those really difficult systems to balance, because it's designed to punish players doing the wrong thing, but if it's too strict, it starts to punish players who are doing the right thing too. I'd rather that it doesn't get in my way than for every single AFKer to be punished perfectly.

Well in the case of mesa, they just need to have additional checks regarding mouse movements or give it an extended timer.  Banshee is harder but DE designed their ability to stop them from moving so they shouldn't fall foul of the afk code when it isn't really down to the player. 

Edited by LSG501

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Banshee with resonating quake has more strength and range the longer it's active, if you can keep it up then it starts with higher damage on the next range which can potentially speed up the level.  Not to mention there's the cc build which is supposed to be up for a long period of time...

Im well aware how resonating quake works since i mentioned it. My CC build lasts for 2min and hard CC's everything in a 100 meter radius. My damage build lasts for 1 minute and has about a 50 meter range. does decently. i still have yet to get hit by the anti afk measures

On 2018. 1. 25. at 10:57 AM, Ahcruna said:

The same people trolling with this will also troll you with the vote-kick feature some of you want.

Unless I am thinking about this wrong, I would require three players, not one to "vote" kick. The only possible "trolling" (I hate that word) would be from coordinated teams of three.

6 hours ago, Biddion said:

Unless I am thinking about this wrong, I would require three players, not one to "vote" kick. The only possible "trolling" (I hate that word) would be from coordinated teams of three.

Exactly, I can already see the Youtube videos. Warframe 'Trolling~' ft xx and xx. "kicking before the last wave at 49"