Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Really? You trash banshee ult

gaginw100

Good, I'm tired of AFKing because some "press 4 to win" scrub wanted to kill everything in defense. Now we have to actually do something.

Friendly reminder: People who abused room nuking powers, weapons and mods are the reason they get nerfed.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Brozime made a build where he basically did the same stuff wth like 300% power strength and zenurik (which looked better than the previous version imo) it was in stream he might upload later to youtube

Edited by ZirkonX

Maybe people won't use Banshee as a nuker frame, people want to play the game afterall.

People who used it like that are the ones to blame for it. If you used the Augment to nuke maps, you had it coming.

Edited by Latiac

7 minutes ago, Latiac said:

Maybe people won't use Banshee as a nuker frame, people want to play the game afterall.

yeah but they kinda changed the augment into a generic nuke skill (one that goes through walls too)

like you know how (some) frost players spam the heck out of 4?

that's kinda what the new augment encourages.

The original plan with it was "place down a soundquake field in a small aoe for a fixed duration (maybe like 6 seconds)". That's a good change. Even better if it did no damage for doing that. Actually complements banshees flaw with having no reliable cc and encourages her other augments to be used which all provide an interesting dynamic to improving your weapons.

The part where they strayed from that idea and decided "let's just make it a radial javelin that goes through walls" just seems awful.

I personally only play sonar banshee and over the past 2 years have forma'd out and used pretty much every weapon in the game with it, so for me the augment change did nothing buildwise/playstyle wise so I'm going to keep playing the game as I always have and ignore the change, but it does make me wonder what could have been if they stuck with plan A instead of switching to plan B.

Edited by Obviousclone

1 minute ago, Obviousclone said:

yeah but they kinda changed the augment into a generic nuke skill (one that goes through walls too)

like you know how (some) frost players spam the heck out of 4?

that's kinda what the new augment encourages.

The original plan with it was "place down a soundquake field in a small aoe for a fixed duration (maybe like 6 seconds)". That's a good change. Even better if it did no damage for doing that. Actually complements banshees flaw with having no reliable cc and encourages her other augments to be used which all provide an interesting dynamic to improving your weapons.

The part where they strayed from that idea and decided "let's just make it radial javelin that goes through walls" just seems awful.

I personally only play sonar banshee and over the past 2 years have forma'd out and used pretty much every weapon in the game with it, so for me the augment change did nothing beyond make me wonder what could have been if they stuck with plan A instead of switching to plan B.

I prefer to run Sonar Banshee too - I just feel bad using anything like Maim Equinox, Ember etc since it doesn't encourage teamwork and takes the joy out of everything, even for the person using said frames.

I don't run Ember often for example because WoF is incredibly *boring*

Soundquake Augment Banshee is the exact same, it's boring. Very boring.

Now i'm not opposed to people running like that at all, if they want to play the game that way, power to you. Just expect to get insulted in public groups and have people leave after 5 minutes for example.

It would be interesting to see what WOULD have happened if the augment was changed that way however.

Ideally i'd like to see all instances of nuking removed, Main Equinox running ahead killing everything instantly on a sortie for example.

Great. Now she's not only squishy as f***, but also the only thing that made her somewhat effective in high level missions is useless as well. Weak as hell AND only hits once? Why not just remove the augment completely ._.

But hey, at least now I can replace the augment with a different mod without being afraid of ruining my DPS, since her regular 4 probably deals more damage since it hits more than once.

I mean, Ember finally got a damage buff for her 4 so that she might be able to at least scratch enemies above level 30 (even though the reduced range turns Wold on Fire into "Closet on Fire"), but Banshee's augment gets friggin annihilated.

Not sure why DE did this.. if you modded to do cc for a long time the damage dramatically fell. the new 4th is completely worthless, just like ash. My feedback is simply this: the minority is complaining. In fact most people liked it before these things were nerfed. After the changes much fewer people are playing these frames. Is it because you don't like the way some people play the game? Is it about control.. only allowing people to play the game in a fashion you like? Why are you dramatically changing the game if most people are enjoying prior to the change? It sounds like a recipe for getting players to make players enjoy the game less and leave.

38 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Great. Now she's not only squishy as f***, but also the only thing that made her somewhat effective in high level missions is useless as well. Weak as hell AND only hits once? Why not just remove the augment completely ._.

But hey, at least now I can replace the augment with a different mod without being afraid of ruining my DPS, since her regular 4 probably deals more damage since it hits more than once.

I mean, Ember finally got a damage buff for her 4 so that she might be able to at least scratch enemies above level 30 (even though the reduced range turns Wold on Fire into "Closet on Fire"), but Banshee's augment gets friggin annihilated.

Have you ever tried Sonar or Savage Banshee? Both work perfectly fine at high level. In fact, waay back when the end game was staying in T4 defense for two hour, having a Sonar Banshee was once considered "must-have" once enemies started nearing triple digit levels before power creep set in.

The new RQ also fits perfectly with a Max Range, Min Duration Savage Banshee. Might not have the power strength you want, but a massive AoE knockdown is just the sort of thing that a Savage Banshee would want to close the distance as start the finisher spam.

I was in favor of Ember and Banshee changes. Ember is fine but Banshee's Quake is now pointless. I thought you would be able to drop a quake with less range for a few seconds than we used to have so it doesnt disrupt gameplay in the whole map for the rest and you would be able to run around doing things to remove the afk gameplay. This 1 hit doing really low damage is like a waker version of Mag's 3 in terms of damage. And her regular quake without augment does low damage, and if people use it for CC on huge range, we're back to the issue of Banshee holding enemies on respawns (even worse now because less damage taking longer to kill) out of sight. That last moment 1hit thing destroyed quake imo.
I'm a sonar/silence Banshee player, and was happy to hear I would be able to drop some quakes here and there, but wasn't expecting such low dmg for only 1 hit and long animation lock.

Edited by Kiwinille

3 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

Have you ever tried Sonar or Savage Banshee? Both work perfectly fine at high level. In fact, waay back when the end game was staying in T4 defense for two hour, having a Sonar Banshee was once considered "must-have" once enemies started nearing triple digit levels before power creep set in.

The new RQ also fits perfectly with a Max Range, Min Duration Savage Banshee. Might not have the power strength you want, but a massive AoE knockdown is just the sort of thing that a Savage Banshee would want to close the distance as start the finisher spam.

see that's cool, but uh, two things:

1. ground finishers don't do finisher dmg so armoured units kinda tank everything

2. banshee has not only an aoe knockdown already in her kit that costs 25 energy, but it augmented to also strip 100% armour meaning the problems with point 1. get dealt with. You might want to look that one up.

the new 4 isn't really useful for anything beyond radial nuking.

Edited by Obviousclone

1 minute ago, Obviousclone said:

1. ground finishers don't do finisher dmg so armoured units kinda tank everything

2. banshee has not only an aoe knockdown already in her kit that costs 25 energy, but it also strips 100% armour meaning point 1. is invalid. You might want to look that one up.

Sort of meant it for an "oh &%^$" button for when running into more enemies than you can reach before the silence stun wears off, but I see your point.

8 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

2. banshee has not only an aoe knockdown already in her kit that costs 25 energy, but it augmented to also strip 100% armour meaning the problems with point 1. get dealt with. You might want to look that one up.

The old 4th was great for stun locking high level enemies... usually you couldn't kill much but it would provide cover fire as long as you didn't get nullifiers coming your way which is really challenging in high level defense.

The new 4th ultimate for banshee is pretty worthless.. even for radial nukes since at best you are immobile for about 2 seconds leaving only about 1-2 seconds of enemies being on the ground. This means you can't nuke and then attack knocked over enemies since you can't possibly close the distance for melee or shoot more than about 1-2 seconds before having to fire again. 

Even when spamming the 4th it's slow wave of damage makes it weak.

8 minutes ago, askaninja said:

DE changed Banshee's Ultimate to make it worthless.

They changed her augment not her actual ability. its the augment that changes how her ulti works. 

Edited by Jim22