Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mara Detron status chance broken [Investigating]

BrandonJohnsonL

1 hour ago, BrandonJohnsonL said:

with the mods off its ~76%

and its stupid that they wouldn't allow 100% status on them

Yeah unfortunately you need 100% status without multishot for it to actually be 100%. You can't reach it with multishot

Edited by Kurokoz

24 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Yeah unfortunately you need 100% status without multishot for it to actually be 100%. You can't reach it with multishot

It just got buffed. It SHOULD be able to now. It has 32% base status chance, which is higher than the tigris prime's 30%. But it can't, for some reason.

Edited by Soup2504

Just now, Soup2504 said:

It SHOULD be able to now, though. It has 32% base status chance, which is higher than the tigris prime's 30%. But it can't, for some reason. It's calculating status chance from mods wrong or something.

Oh really? That is weird indeed.

I was really hyped for this, because it would make my lovely Mara Detron viable again end-game, due to high pellet count - it would become a very spammy armor stripper, CC (don't be fooled by damage fallof, a blast proc of 1 damage can still knockdown an enemy), or AoE debuff (viral spam!) sidearm. it's a shame it isn't working. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, heard that non-hitscan shotties are bugged, but heh... one can dream I guess Q.Q really wish they'd have it work, otherwise, uh, what's the point of bringing the status chance up if it makes no noticeable difference / ends up not even getting to 100%? moreover, WHY bring it into 100% territory only to leave it bugged and unable to reach 100% as intended? I mean, you DON'T upgrde something above 30% in a critical stat without intending to make USE of that stat. imagine having 30% critical chance but a 1,2x multiplier, what's the point?

I'm just really puzzled, and more than a little sad, but at least a LOT of old toys were buffed, so I can still entertain myself until this gets rectified.

15 hours ago, BrandonJohnsonL said:

-snip-

12 hours ago, Soup2504 said:

It just got buffed. It SHOULD be able to now. It has 32% base status chance, which is higher than the tigris prime's 30%. But it can't, for some reason.

The numbers seem to be correct with some mods, but at the same time don't seem to get multiplied correctly. I think it's a general bug.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

It's a math formula issue pretty clearly. 

One dual status mod should bring you to 51.2. Because 60% of 32 is 19.2. But with one dual status mod you are only getting 46.6 which for the record would be the dual status mod giving 52% instead of 60%. How the formula is wrong I can't figure out. If it was taking the old 20 status chance number it should be  either 44. 32 + 12 (12 being 60% of 20) or it should be or 32 if it was adding 12 to the original 20. So this current formulation is just plain wrong somehow.

There's aren't the only weapons either. I know one of the cerno's variants got a status boost too and it doesn't have a correct formula either.

Someones gotta look at the math tables and figure out what happened here.

Some of these weapons aren't calculating correctly.  It's more than just the Mara Detron, there are a few other shotguns suffering from the same thing.

It may be a hard-cap that DE "forgot" to mention.

And they wondered why we supported data-mining...  

Projectile weapons with inate multishot still use the original status formula, which is based on the same calculations as all rifles.

Most shotguns got changed a long time ago, but for some reason projectile shotguns were forgotten about in that patch.

The status you see is status of at least one projectile procing.

There is only one projectile weapon with inate multishot, with decent per projectile status chance, Prisma Angstrum clocks in at 26% per projectile.

13 hours ago, trndr said:

Projectile weapons with inate multishot still use the original status formula, which is based on the same calculations as all rifles.

Most shotguns got changed a long time ago, but for some reason projectile shotguns were forgotten about in that patch.

The status you see is status of at least one projectile procing.

There is only one projectile weapon with inate multishot, with decent per projectile status chance, Prisma Angstrum clocks in at 26% per projectile.

Not just shotguns it seems all projectile based weapons that fire more than one round at once has the issues. Cernos prime had a status buff and it has the same issue of not being able to get even close to 100% status.

Hell my Mara detron is using all 4 dual status mods, and with my riven 120.6% and BD LT 301% ms still the weapon only gets 99.6% status. That's just plain broken.

Edited by exturkconner

Not to be a spoilsport but it is already a very good weapon, I sincerely think that it might be a bit too OP with 100% status considering how it fires, 8 shots, 1 sec reload, good base damage, PURE elemental.... I'm mostly 2 shotting a lvl 100 Heavy gunner with my Paracyst modded for 100% corrosive and a decent riven (Yeah it's a thing that exists).. that's with 33 base damage/round (3 rounds) vs Mara Detrons 40/pellet (7 pellets).

14 hours ago, Jonas_T_acc said:

Not to be a spoilsport but it is already a very good weapon, I sincerely think that it might be a bit too OP with 100% status considering how it fires, 8 shots, 1 sec reload, good base damage, PURE elemental.... I'm mostly 2 shotting a lvl 100 Heavy gunner with my Paracyst modded for 100% corrosive and a decent riven (Yeah it's a thing that exists).. that's with 33 base damage/round (3 rounds) vs Mara Detrons 40/pellet (7 pellets).

What you are missing is Paracyst has a 30% status per round(pellet), Mara Detron has about 5.4% status per pellet.

One is a primary the other a secondary shotgun.

To compare apples with apples compare Mara Detron to Twin Rogga. Both are MR 9 secondary shotguns. One is good and the other one is a paperweight, since no riven and no ammount of modding can move the status over 50% per pellet.

The crit chance is bad, the crit multiplier close to non excisting and the raw DPS is only slightly over Brakk a MR6 weapon, which only needs about 480% status increase to reach 100% status, compared to Mara Detron which needs about 1800% status increase.

The mara detron cant get 100% status even though it has the base status of 32% which is more than the tigris prime and the tigris can get 100% status. With all 4 dual stats status should be increased by 240%, so if you convert 240% to a decimal for the sake of the calculation it would be 2.4 plus the base percent which would be 100%, this leads to 340%. 32 x 3.4 = 108.8. Yet the game does not calculate this properly, when I put on 4 dual stat mods on, it leads to >90% status which does not make any sense. I have a feeling that the calculation is still based off the detron's old status percentage because of the scaling is more akin to the old status of ~20%. Pls fix DE