Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmutation is garbage

(PSN)Ashagin

I have so far transmuted mods maybe ten times total with nothing but rare mods, give or take a couple.  Hard to remember all.  So for about 40 rare mods I've got about 10 complete garbage common mods.  Not uncommon.  Not even 1 rare mod for all the rare ones I've sacrificed.  Nothing even worthwhile.  I even bought cores to up my odds.  Total waste of rep.  Broken system on an otherwise decent game.  Hate to say it but even destiny has better rng odds than transmutation atm.. from my experience that is.   

The only people that defend all the RNG in modern games are people that are just naturally lucky.  I have absolutely ZERO luck, and I eventually get completely turned off RNG based games because I cannot progress, or get the things I've put in work for.  If I put in the time, and the work, I expect to get what I've worked for.  Meanwhile, people that get things with a 0.000001 drop chance the first time they try will scream "There's nothing wrong with RNG!  Working as intended!"

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TehChubbyDugan said:

The only people that defend all the RNG in modern games are people that are just naturally lucky.  I have absolutely ZERO luck, and I eventually get completely turned off RNG based games because I cannot progress, or get the things I've put in work for.  If I put in the time, and the work, I expect to get what I've worked for.  Meanwhile, people that get things with a 0.000001 drop chance the first time they try will scream "There's nothing wrong with RNG!  Working as intended!"

U smell that maggots? SALT fresh from the bag!! 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

I have so far transmuted mods maybe ten times total with nothing but rare mods, give or take a couple.  Hard to remember all.  So for about 40 rare mods I've got about 10 complete garbage common mods.  Not uncommon.  Not even 1 rare mod for all the rare ones I've sacrificed.  Nothing even worthwhile.  I even bought cores to up my odds.  Total waste of rep.  Broken system on an otherwise decent game.  Hate to say it but even destiny has better rng odds than transmutation atm.. from my experience that is.   

U just had bad luck and that's it 

I have only gotten 2 desired results out of Transmutation after 100's of tries.

I still think it is ok.

One thing I think players forget is that Transmutation is supposed to be an end-game thing. New players aren't expected to be gambling large numbers of credits and rare mods because they aren't expected to have large amounts of either. For someone like me, who regularly has 4 duplicates of the same rare mod as well as 1-2 fully ranked copies, spending 36k credits to get a chance for something good is fine, because the only other alternative is Endo or credits, both of which I have plenty of.

So for now, just sell excess mods for Endo, and wait until you have exorbitant numbers of rare mods before messing with Transmutation.

Just now, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

U smell that maggots? SALT fresh from the bag!! 

U just had bad luck and that's it 

Oh look, one of the people I was talking about.

For all the years I've been playing video games, I have had bad luck.  RNG does not work for me.  I have a friend that I watch get everything he needs, as soon as he needs it, in every single game we play together, for years.  Years.  It's not fresh salt.  Yet I farm for literal days for the same drops.  Tell me how balanced RNG is when that is my experience with literally every RNG game I've ever played.

But you're probably one of the people that thinks it works, because it works for you.  Have fun with that, hope it never tips the other way.

Transmutation should only be used when you have a massive excess of mods. like.. 500 mods or something ridiculous. It's mostly used when a new super rare and hard to farm mods (cough*vengeful*cough) come out and you just can't be bother to go through all those missions to do it. It is not the best way to get regular mods. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TehChubbyDugan said:

Oh look, one of the people I was talking about.

For all the years I've been playing video games, I have had bad luck.  RNG does not work for me.  I have a friend that I watch get everything he needs, as soon as he needs it, in every single game we play together, for years.  Years.  It's not fresh salt.  Yet I farm for literal days for the same drops.  Tell me how balanced RNG is when that is my experience with literally every RNG game I've ever played.

But you're probably one of the people that thinks it works, because it works for you.  Have fun with that, hope it never tips the other way.

Yeah rerolling a riven for 300 times to get my roll (which I didn't get) is showing how lucky I am 

Seriously do u think your the only 1 is having problem with RNG 

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas

3 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

One thing I think players forget is that Transmutation is supposed to be an end-game thing.

Except it serves no purpose whatsoever for endgame players either. The only mods they/we might lack are bound to events or have been removed from the game - neither can be obtained with transmutation. 

Many of the best utility mods and general must-have mods are in the drop tables anyway, transmutation is a waste of resources for new players and completely redundant for established ones. 
But now we can do it with Rivens, so...yay :facepalm:

Is it too much to ask that if you sacrifice four rare mods that you should get a random rare in return.  Just as common should only give you common and riven only give riven of course.  Bad rng is one thing but rng built around a bad system is another.  It could still be rng and much better than in it's current state.   

The Transmutation mechanic is old and hasne't really been worth using since the mission credits nerf a while back.

It was actually originally intended to ease the RNG nature of drops.

Cedits these days have more value than Endo which can be used to trade for plat and buy the mod you want directly skipping the RNG. Not to mention mod conversion to Endo has increased. The mechanic sorta worked before, Endo and before DE noticed veterans didn't know how to manage their credits. Now it's a wast of time.

Edited by Xzorn

Actually there's a system that I think a lot of people are missing. If you use Rare mods that are GUARANTEED drops (i.e Derelict Vaults, Rathuum, Index, even drops from Defense, Survival, Excavation rotations and Rare mods got from Transmuting itself) it WILL end up as a common mod, it has to be an actual 'rare drop' from an enemy. Yeah it's inconvenient, especially when you have mods that drops from all kinds of places mixed into a pile. DE should make it so that it differentiate which are rewards from, doing specific things and mods that are actual rare drop from an enemy

On 2/18/2018 at 9:05 PM, (PS4)Ashagin said:

It's not meant to be a primary tool to get mods. Just something to use when you get 300-500 duplicate mods, and you don't need Endo. I mean, I've gotten rare mods from transmuting commons. But I don't use it for the mods I need very often.... There are just too many possibilities for it to be reliable in any way. 

I have yet to get anything better than Adhesive Blast from transmuting, and I'm fine with it being around. Gives people something to do other than sell their mods, and if you happen to luck out and get a rare stance or something? More power to ya.

11 hours ago, OperatorPrime said:

Actually there's a system that I think a lot of people are missing. If you use Rare mods that are GUARANTEED drops (i.e Derelict Vaults, Rathuum, Index, even drops from Defense, Survival, Excavation rotations and Rare mods got from Transmuting itself) it WILL end up as a common mod, it has to be an actual 'rare drop' from an enemy. Yeah it's inconvenient, especially when you have mods that drops from all kinds of places mixed into a pile. DE should make it so that it differentiate which are rewards from, doing specific things and mods that are actual rare drop from an enemy

Do you have a source for this? I've never heard this, and it's not on the wiki. This sounds blatantly untrue. Also, corrupted mods, Rathuum mods, and Index mods are non-transmutable, so you can't even get them from transmutation.

RNG. 

It is garbage...but...since warframe is supposed to be free to play, the transmutation system is a "free" version of the dragon mod packs (or thats always been my opinion) and dragon mod packs are also garbage. 

The only time its ever seemed worth it to me was taking half the garbage mods you normally get after a few hundred missions and turning them into credits to use to transmute the other half of garbage mods. The problem though, is after wasting about 30 minutes because you cant just mass transmute or do anything en masse easily, (mass/masse) you basically have about half the amount of garbage mods you started out with, and maybe one or two good ones that you most likely already owned. The drop chances are terrible.

So...yeah, we could agree its garbage. But it was meant to be garbage? And the chances of DE fixing it are therefore dismal. But itd be cool. 

It just doesnt do anything. The only chance you have of getting any good mods if you have rng like me is usimg mods for credits to spend on transmutation to end up losing the credits and mods and time and one or two good mods.

Thats about as good as it gets, as far as i experienced.

RNG

Okay, my fault on that. It’s just something I experienced, tested, and found consistent results. I’m sorry for claiming it be true. Yes Rathuum, Corrupted and Index mods are not transmuteable, I was talking about using them as ingredients to transmute, every time I use those it always end up as a common or uncommon mod, where as when I use stuff like Intensify, Streamline, Reflex Guard, Steady Hands, or random stances it actually does come up as rare. Again, my apologies for claiming my findings to be true

In my experience it's only kind of worth it when transmuting four Madurai mods trying to get Condition Overload. It can help your damage output a lot if you're a new player and get lucky. But then again, in the time it takes you to get that many rare Madurai mods, you could probably farm some other stuff to sell for 50 platinum and just buy Condition Overload off someone.

So yeah, it's a pretty pointless feature that should just be removed because it will never be good if the vast majority of the actual sought-after mods can't actually be obtained from it. It could maybe be salvaged if they added stuff like Growing Power or corrupt mods to it, but even then you'd probably be better off just using the intended methods of getting those without wasting a ton of credits. Unless you're literally swimming in credits and want a chance at some extra platinum, but at that point 50 or so platinum probably isn't really a problem for you either...

Edited by Winterbraid