Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Only Gripe with Master Ranks

It means nothing! No I mean it literally means nothing past MR16. Once you hit MR16 everything is unlocked and you have access to everything.

And yes of course you have those MR20+ who’s ego is inflated because they took X amount of weapons and frames to Draco, Akkad or Hydron, but I laugh at them since most of um don’t even know what elements are superior vs any specific enemy faction or subtype within that faction (wiki is a thing). I even had a MR24 who didn’t know Condition Overload was a thing!

People with MR past 16 have nothing to really look forward to, i would like to see a evolved version since it hasn’t been altered since its inception when everything else has at least been touched to some degree.

More void trace capacity, more minimum mod capacity, more free loadouts, more daily faction affinity. No reason to not keep getting MR. But sure once you reach the point where it is no longer needed for gear, it becomes a lot less important. My progress slowed down a lot after reaching MR 13. Now it's more just, yeah I can spend 15 minutes ranking something up today, I have nothing better to do.

Eh Mastery rank is a good target when you have done all the quests and such, when there is pretty much nothing to do until DE's next big frame or quest.

About a fourth to MR 23 now so yeah, it's the only thing keeping me playing now.

1 hour ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

It means nothing! No I mean it literally means nothing past MR16. Once you hit MR16 everything is unlocked and you have access to everything.

How many Traces, Load-outs slots and Daily standing points in all areas, can you acquire as a MR 16 Vs an MR 25?
Hyperbole makes any points you have irrelevant and over inflated.

there are benefits, more Void Traces is quite a big one for Prime Hunting, basically more Radiant Relics = more chance to get Rares. more daily Standing also helps with the faction Grind, which can also tie into the prime Grind since you can potentially get new Prime relics from their Relic packs (this is the method I primarily use to get new Relics, because Hieracon gets dull after a while)

the mistake most people make with MR is thinking that MR = Skill, when this is certainly not the case.

I agree that there is little incentive to keep going, but if you’re past MR 16 and still need incentives to play, then maybe you should quit?

My aim is not to be rude but to prevent further burnout. Too many people these days keep playing games long after they stop having fun because they feel obligated to “complete” everything. I’m not saying you’re in this camp, but that I e seen many real-world friends fall into this trap. Heck, I’ve recently divested myself of several games myself. 

As someone who just reached MR 20, outside of the “prestige” there was no incentive. I’ve had end-game gear for long periods of time. My current joy is to buy random crappy rivers for crappy guns (or ones I’ve never tried or sold after level 30) and plow through high-end content with them. 

But not too long ago I had a 6 month break from Warframe. Invest in yourself brah. You’ve put in the hours, no one should need incentive past “having fun”

Have you ever considered that for some it's just some kind of organic progression, just something you do along? Long time fans just soak in every content that comes along.

Why? Because it's the most clever thing to do since the change from Void Keys to Void Fissure Relics. Whenever new prime stuff is out, it's easy to find Radiant-only runs, so it's the best time to get the stuff. Having a nice stash of void traces and syndicate points (for relic packs) will be a nice bonus then.

If I would start the game today and while regarding the game's huge arsenal, however, I probably wouldn't push for anything beyond MR15 - not saying I wouldn't level on, but I wouldn't force it.

Btw., the tone of your post sounds as high and mighty as the MR 20+ you condemn. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Grandmaster Hoarder.

It's Warframe's version of education level.

Yes, it doesn't guarantee you a great player (employee) but it will at least mean that the person in question has the resources/platinum and/or drive to get enough frames and weapons from quests and other farm zones.

Also, yeah, the current gameplay doesn't really require a high MR to clear but just like how a lot of jobs don't need a PhD, it doesn't mean it's completely useless.

At the very least, it serves as an indicator in selection though it probably shouldn't be the only indicator just like how education level is still an indicator for jobs but shouldn't be the only 1.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

9 hours ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

There are players who don't care to gain more levels beyond MR-7 and there are players who want to reach MR-25.  

[ Being a casual or dedicated player is a choice, there is no competition to become first or last.]

*The Developers had changed restriction limits of Mastery Ranks recently and it won't be the last time.

6 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I have yet to still see a MR18 riven though. Would be very interested in seeing if it's real, since 16 seems to be the cap. 

I'm on my phone at the moment however I have like 3 or 4 rivens that are MR18. Though it seems tied to the opness of the stats rolled/MR of the weapon it's for.

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

How many Traces, Load-outs slots and Daily standing points in all areas, can you acquire as a MR 16 Vs an MR 25?
Hyperbole makes any points you have irrelevant and over inflated.

Who cares about traces when resource boosters exist? You get traces back so fast the extra capacity becomes redundant. 

Load out slots? Unless you have different fashion frame setups or you only play 1-2 frames it’s again useless since minor changes to weapon selection, fighting a different faction, team composition or simply an aura swap will still have you going through the same  frame change process without a pre set load-out.

Standing. I’m unaware anyone over the MR 16 who’s really hurting and struggling to gain standing.

The only thing irrelevant is your immediate thought I was bashing everyone who has a MR16+. You must have missed the part where I stated I’d like to see the MR system updated to be much more useful than merely small bonuses that most can live without and miss nothing.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Who cares about traces when resource boosters exist? You get traces back so fast the extra capacity becomes redundant. 

Load out slots? Unless you have different fashion frame setups or you only play 1-2 frames it’s again useless since minor changes to weapon selection, fighting a different faction, team composition or simply an aura swap will still have you going through the same  frame change process without a pre set load-out.

Standing. I’m unaware anyone over the MR 16 who’s really hurting and struggling to gain standing.

The only thing irrelevant is your immediate thought I was bashing everyone who has a MR16+. You must have missed the part where I stated I’d like to see the MR system updated to be much more useful than merely small bonuses that most can live without and miss nothing.

1. "Spend plat" does not make your tracer amount redundant, If you farm Prime sets like I do, you'll want and need both or at least a big pool you can use, in fact a bigger pool means you're less likely to hit your max and waste tracers if you do some longer fissure missions which can be exacerbated by a booster with more ease.
2. You're selecting population A out of populations A to M and saying because population A does not need loadout slots, they are therefore redundant... It makes no sense and only caters to you, I use about 15/20 loadout slots, I know I'm not the only one.
3. Standing = Relic Packs and other such things... Reaching zero every day in syndicate standing is a bonus, more standing per day = more bonus.

My immediate thought was not about you bashing anyone, it was actually your use of the term "literally" in the statement: "It means nothing! No I mean it literally means nothing..."
It does not literally mean nothing, because it does actually provide a benefit that some people, like myself utilise every day, making the term "literally" just pure hyperbole, If you need to use hyperbole to make a point it means it does not have enough merit to stand on its own, just because you do not take advantage loadouts or standing does not mean it does not exist. If the MR ranks can be more beneficial past 16 was not something I commented on, if you think there is a valid case to make that they should, using hyperbole will only diminish such a case.

Edited by Carnage2K4

50 minutes ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

all those benefits still exist and theyre not redundant for everybody. you dont care for them? fine. but "literally" is literally wrong there.

1 hour ago, (XB1)YouBitePi11ows said:

Well, you state in your thread:

" And yes of course you have those MR20+ who’s ego is inflated because they took X amount of weapons and frames to Draco, Akkad or Hydron, but I laugh at them since most of um don’t even know what elements are superior vs any specific enemy faction or subtype within that faction (wiki is a thing). I even had a MR24 who didn’t know Condition Overload was a thing!".

You're actually bashing without knowing the reasons of people ranking up. But the fun part is, and this might be a shocker for some, most people don't care what you think about them or their rank and game knowledge. They're not playing to prove anything to anyone. I could count with one hand the amount of times I've actually seen someone brag about their rank. In fact, there's no reason to stay low MR unless you care what others might think of you, to actually prove "you're better than higher ranks".

As for rank perks, it's one of the reasons most of us keep up with the max rank, they might be useless for some, but really good for active (specially farmers) players who want to make the most of it. As posted in another thread talking about MR (crazy right?!):

More loadout slots - doesn't really matter to you. I personally have all frames with different builds and S#&$loads of weapons configuration sets for different situations, and it's way easier to directly choose a loadout for that specific situation than checking weapons and then changing mod configurations.

Higher syndicate cap - meh to you, but basically means free daily platinum selling mods/weapon parts or whatever you want to sell. Also worth mentioning that you get extra standing on allied syndicates (half of your main one) and every couple of days you can purchase and sell double items. I personally can't bother myself farming bounties for vaulted relics so I buy syndicate relic packs (20k standing), so I get 1 pack a day, 2 packs every couple days and since you get 5k extra (25k daily limiy vs 20k relic pack cost), every few days you also buy extra ones (already completed this vault a few days after it released and have extra sets to sell).

Higher void trace cap - I personally play endless fissures a lot and I'm constantly reaching 1300 cap, specially when I have boosters, and I'm constantly radding relics which give me a lot of profit selling rare parts/sets, which brings us to next point. You can also store all these traces before prime releases since they're hot on first week. And like someone else said in this thread, if you have a low trace cap and do longer missions, you'll reach the cap midway and any other traces you get in the same run go to waste. When I do 1h and half aprox. endless fissures, I usually get close to 1k traces if not more (rng). When you have a higher traces pool stored, you can also be more picky in which relic to rad before you hit the cap instead of refining random relics because you're capped and any other fissure you do is a waste.

Higher daily trade limit - When you're actively trading, even 24/25 trades a day aren't enough. Unless you don't care about making plat in this game (it's not going to end up so well this way).

Higher mod capacity - on new rank 0 weapons/forma weapons and not hitting like a wet noodle.

Edited by Kiwinille