Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Remaster was kind of a let down....

Ev1dentFir31

I don't understand why it's called a Dojo remaster if all that changed was how we can decorate it... I mean seriously, a true Dojo Remaster would mean revamped tile set's, better graphic quality of each, ect. Also DE you should wipe all the Dojo's and change the way they work. All of the halls being requires is just silly, I have 3 halls in the basement just because they are worthless. 

Also if you build an elevator to a second floor, then decide that you want to relocate that elevator later to another location, one that still properly connects the floors, you still have to delete the entire second floor just to destroy the first elevator. Core issues like this should have been fixed first.

Also I can't move the Oracle room, let me build a second one so I can remove the first one please...

The Halls - Can you please just make it so that we have 1 single hall. Instead of building 4 halls, just let us upgrade a single hall all the way up to the great hall. Also now that you have catwalks please add tenno style catwalks, and remove the preinstalled cat walks from the great hall so we can build our own.

Also please add some kind of spawn pad we can place, every time I visit my dojo I spawn in a random spot, I would like to have a default spawn that I choose.

Please revamp the tile set's. The original tile set would be great with the trees and stuff, but the one we have now it boring, dull, and just meh..., but I would drop plat to change the tile set of my entire dojo. $$ opportunity for DE :platinum:

The only thing I liked in the "remaster" was the navigation from the observatory, but why wasn't that a thing a long time ago???

Edited by Ev1dentFir31

More like rebuilding some old core features for future kingpin stuff. doubt there will be massive room overhauls. I do wish for it too. But not likely. Having giant power rooms you have no reason for entering, or that Oracle. Could have been objects like the trading post that unlocked the research rooms instead of long sprawling basements filled with the mandatory BS for the few useful or interesting rooms.

I mean, we have near absolute control of how we place Decorations down and Clans will now be able to produce amazing rooms and works of art with this Update..........but sure, it's a huge let down. Boo hoo, I guess.

DE Forums. Ignore the good, complain about the "bad" and the non-existent.

*Goes back to building his Corpus owned Observation room with scaffolding and layered floors*

Edited by Tangent-Valley

They added Navigation and the Arsenal to the dojo, that is pretty huge from what it was. But for the long list of things to add to the dojo there is no way they were going to deliver enough.

Personally other than new stuff there are a few basic things I really want done sooner rather than later:

1. The ability to pick the Skybox you want your dojo to be in the solar system (maybe even allow ground based dojos like on the Lua or Earth).
  2. A hangar bay (like the Relays) to have the Illusion that you actually have a way into your dojo outside teleportation at the very least. Maybe even a Void gate would be acceptable.
  3. A sandbox room (they sort of talked about a customizable obstacle course) that functions like the Similacrum. Simaris is cool and all but his test datascape is crap.
  4. The ability to change the statue in the Temple of Honor room.

For the love of GOD can we please have Dojo resets? An option to wipe all of the rooms? Please? Or get rid of the damn clan halls? You literally can not fix or edit or organize the dojo without wiping it. Deleting a room takes almost 2 hours each. It's ridiculous. (People have been asking for Dojo resets for YEARS btw. Just search the forums. 2013 onward.)

I'm thankful for the neat uhm...decorations? But it's not so great when half of us can't even be bothered to decorate because the dojos take too long to actually fix, edit and change around. I was super excited for this update, but it wasn't much of a "Remaster" more of a...decoration update? :/

Yea, a definite let down...

Edited by Vitrescence

For all its other faults, Wildstar did an absolutely amazing job on player housing that should make it the gold-standard other systems should be based on.  No ridiculous build/tear-down times.  No ridiculous component resource build times (formas).  All the recipes for decorations are part of a pretty typical MMORPG trade-craft and trade system.

The only thing I wanted was themes, because all I want is classic dojo. We got a few dozen decorations that cost 1000 - 3000 polymer each.
This is a minor dojo update, it's not a rework, it's not a remaster and not a revisit. It's just a bundle of decorations.

Gotta agree with this, they keep using that "revamp/remaster" term and yet the only thing I see is new stuff to put in and better dojo deco mode.

The only thing that really shines in this update is the lighting and ambient music, and the fact you can shove unwanted deco from your orbiter into the dojo, so big props to DE for that. No joke, the music is god damm amazing, I want this for my ship.

But, feedback is feedback, no matter what its places down.

Feedback
The Lighting: So far this seems quite the good addition, lighting surely makes some rooms look really nice and other rooms, like the Infested lab, look somewhat spooky, So this is quite a good step up, for the new lighting system.

Ambient Music: The ambient music is something that I really do enjoy, the soft gentle music is spot on and I'm kinder wishing we had something like this in our obiter, but its something to hear when fixing up the dojo or just chilling inside 

Ideas/suggestions: 

Old Orokin Rooms: So this is something that we've been asking for quite some time and that is the old dojo rooms (In case you don't know what I'm talking about here is a pic: http://i.imgur.com/YSkw2gp.jpg )

Room Thames: So, room Thames, like the old dojo, changes the tileset of each room, an idea for this is to allow us to have faction-based room-design, either full corpus/grinner/orokin and more, not just deco stuff we shove and place.  

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

8 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I mean, we have near absolute control of how we place Decorations down and Clans will now be able to produce amazing rooms and works of art with this Update..........but sure, it's a huge let down. Boo hoo, I guess.

But what does that actually accomplish? The dojo is a tool. It needs like, 11 or 12 rooms to eke our every useful function. Decorations are just fluff. Pretty fluff, but still. 

8 hours ago, polarity said:

For all its other faults, Wildstar did an absolutely amazing job on player housing that should make it the gold-standard other systems should be based on.  No ridiculous build/tear-down times.  No ridiculous component resource build times (formas).  All the recipes for decorations are part of a pretty typical MMORPG trade-craft and trade system.

Oh my god someone else who played.

Yes, this was fantastic and I would love to see something similar carried over eventually for dojos and orbiters alike.

I still think one of the biggest hindrances to editing a Dojo is the whole "Halls" thing. I was hoping this would be addressed eventually but it seems to go completely ignored for the most part in terms of improvements for editing a Dojo and having the ability to change it should the need or desire to arise. For those who don't know, there's 5 Halls that can be placed in a Dojo, each one requiring the other to be use or set down. In theory it's not a bad idea, but in practice it is awful, because they are prerequisites to each other. Which means that if you have a crazy design or maze of rooms built around each of these, and you start putting them down in different levels or different areas, you have a giant problem if you ever want to edit or change or even start over with your Dojo.

Let's say you made the level 5 "Clan Grandest Hall" as your main room, as most clans do. Well, if you build a spiraling network around this, with some other of the smaller halls intermixed you literally are unable to edit or fix your Dojo. Why? Because you can not delete ANY of the Halls you built in other areas of the Dojo or around it. Why you ask? Because that giant room in the center of your Dojo needs to be destroyed first before the Level 4, 3, 2, and 1 Halls can be. Because every other Hall was a prerequisite to it. Fantastic, yes?

If you're unlucky and built halls on different levels, you're in a for a mess of a renovation.

Add that on top of a two hour destruction time per room, and let's say you have a ton of them, you're gunna be in for an extremely long few weeks trying to simply wipe out a Dojo and start anew. Keep in mind, once you que the 2 hour destruction time, you can not que any other room for destruction in front of said room until it's gone in two hours.

While I am thankful for the new decorations and interactions we were given for this patch. Though I would not call it a remaster...sorry. I would like to mention that we absolutely need a Dojo Wipe option, or at least get rid of the long destruction times per room. Drop it to at least 5 minutes. 2 hours to wait for a room, to then slowly delete the next...and the next..and the next... Is a little bit extreme and I do not see the need for the time. It's not like this is a "new" request either. People have been asking for this option for YEARS now. Literal YEARS. Even the option to change the way a room looks! For example(s):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/108980-request-global-dojo-reset-please/ (2013)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/110164-de-why-are-these-things-still-an-issue-dojo-fix-suggestions/ (2013)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/183187-an-option-for-dojo-reset/ (2014)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/478708-complete-dojo-rebuild/ (2015)

There's many more I could link, though some have less than happy people in them. Regardless. I was hoping a Remaster would at least address this issue. Please DE, at least consider or respond to this part? ;-; I really want to try out the new Deco and redo the clan Dojo, but this all just make it not even worth trying. I can't spend weeks just trying to delete rooms and figure out layouts to try and get these Halls sorted. 

Just want to take a moment and agree with the title of this post.  I was really let down by the "dojo remaster" content.  I was hoping for some personalized rooms, to be able to hang some posters up, scale the fire down and place it in the stone status, and have some overall content of a room that themed with each other.  As it stands the objects introduced in no way even matched the current room themes.

I've just been disappointed in DE's business model all around lately to be honest.  It's almost like there are too many ideas floating around and not enough focus on any given one.  You all have a great game...but imagine what you could do if all of you would just focus on one idea and get it completed.  The Apostasy Prologue comes to mind.  You don't drop something like that on someone before Christmas and then not give us something after the holidays?  I mean seriously?

I'll be honest,
I expected a lot more from this dojos rework.
Sure, I like the new Grineer and Corpus decorations , I appreciate the fact that we can now access our arsenal and mission control from the observatories , all nice...
but still :
- we got no hangars for our landing crafts from which it is actually seen how we access our dojo
- we got no grineer / corpus / orokin themed rooms ( please, bring those old orokin rooms back, DE )
- we got no rooms cap increase nor a restriction removal on the "one hall x type" limit
- we got no generic rooms we can place at the end of a courridor to use as personal rooms for our clan members 

Those 60 new decorations are also kinda pretty but they don't fit the "Tenno" style my dojo's rooms always had and I don't really plan to scrap stuff to slot them in....maybe if we could have more rooms to decorate that aren't actually zen gardens...

That said...the placement system definitely feels better , lighting is inconsistent but I am fairly sure it's just a bug...I'd like to see more stuff getting added in the next weeks or months though, I don't want dojos to be abandoned again.

I like what they did but it's far from enough to be a "remaster". The only thing they added is a couple decorations and a new way to decorate. We need much more than that. Let alliance members join other clan dojos, let us delete rooms freely, let us change the room lighting and give us more decorations that actually fit the dojo style. Cause right now we have Corpus and Grineer structures but not Tenno? What... 

More functions like a foundry room would be really neat as well.