The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaws pointless unless you where on for Plague Star

Delphinus13

I have been very interested in making a Zaw and that interest is now dead. I did some research on building Zaws and heres what I have gathered. They are completely pointless unless you where around for plague star and cannot compare to regular weapons. Now I know your not bringing plague star back but are you guys going to let Zaws die with it? bring back the parts as rare drops in one way or another :/ because right now Zaws are just a waste of space and time in this game otherwise. sorry for being blunt.

Then don't use Zaws. I got a couple Rivens for them. If you don't use them their Player Popularity stat goes down, and my Zaw's Riven Dispositions eventually goes up. Sounds like a win for me, and you get to not waste your time on something you apparently have no true interest in.

Waaaaaaaaaait.

Zaws pointless, errr errr. Hold it right there.

All staff zaws are briliant, the event zaws are an awesome substitute for Lesion true, but crit zaws with a good riven are most powerful weapons ingame.

Daggers, are fastest most powerful ingame. Slide on arcanes and you kill everything in range..

Then there are swords and sytches that most people do not care about. But base stats are awesome.

Then what part about them is bad?

Event locked ones are special, like Lesion for example, but we got by with Orthos prime just fine for years.

Best of all is you can pick stats you want.

Where did you do your research?
Have you try and build a normal zaw? (as far as I can see you didn't build any of them - how come you already have a strong opinion on how poorly they perform?)
How do you know that zaws are a waste of space and time?

lol

The only benefit of using a Plague zaw is that they have a bit of Viral damage at base, replacing some physical damage. That's literally the only benefit.
If you're running a Slash+Status build or something, then it might interest you to know that less than 1/3 of their damage is in Slash. So Slash procs will hit pretty hard from CO (due to all the other elements proccing), but getting those precious Slash procs will NOT be reliable at all.

Cyath is bae.

Most zaws are actually best-in-class weapons. The plague zaws need to be made somehow accessible though, just because having them locked behind a one-time event is an absolute dunderhead move, which they should have learned from all of the other times they've done similar things. I need my keewar mastery still, don't leave me hanging.

35 minutes ago, Delphinus13 said:

They are completely pointless unless you where around for plague star and cannot compare to regular weapons.

Where did you hear that? It's false info.

I have 100% Status capable machete that can rival all the rest in it's category at once...the mod build requires 0 Forma.

Lets wait for melee balance. I hope that all melee weapons will have similar range.  Because as a 5 years player MR25 I'm using only weapons that have the biggest range and add primed reach to quickly get combo multiplier and kill the most enemies as I can, other less range weapons are useless in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

and you get to not waste your time on something you apparently have no true interest in.

^ I have yet to do much in PoE besides getting an amp and just complete the initial plague and ghoul events.

I just got no interest on it atm and doing fine, so his advice is good.

1 hour ago, Delphinus13 said:

I have been very interested in making a Zaw and that interest is now dead. I did some research on building Zaws and heres what I have gathered. They are completely pointless unless you where around for plague star and cannot compare to regular weapons. Now I know your not bringing plague star back but are you guys going to let Zaws die with it? bring back the parts as rare drops in one way or another :/ because right now Zaws are just a waste of space and time in this game otherwise. sorry for being blunt.

I'm sorry, are you completely misinformed and insane, delusional and out of your mind?

Do you realise how powerful zaws are even without plaguestar parts?! SERIOUSLY?!?!?! IS THIS A JOKE POST?!?!?

Hey everyone! Tigris has low alpha damage!

1 hour ago, Delphinus13 said:

Now I know your not bringing plague star back but are you guys going to let Zaws die with it?

Question: Where did you hear this? Plague Star was designed to be repeatable, it very much can happen again just fine with a few dialog changes. You are making a lot of baseless assumptions here because you didnt provide anything in the way of sources.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

I mean I just recently made a zaw dagger using the normal bits since I wasn't there for Plague Star and it's doing pretty well considering it's a dagger as well.

I think I'll have to disagree on the notion that the Zaws are useless just on that alone.

Honestly the Balla dagger is one of, if not THE MOST powerful melee weapon I have. It's just that freaking good. And I didn't even put a riven on it yet! I didn't even put a good link on it! I went for full status instead of hybrid.

3 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

Most zaws are actually best-in-class weapons. The plague zaws need to be made somehow accessible though, just because having them locked behind a one-time event is an absolute dunderhead move, which they should have learned from all of the other times they've done similar things. I need my keewar mastery still, don't leave me hanging.

There is plenty of other one time event weapons yet to be rereleased.

[Exodia Force] and a riven is a good way to buff a Zaw for a alternative to the same ol' same ol' melee weapon..

The option to preview the stats on building a Zaw is useful..

Id like the Plague Star to come back so i cant get me some Plague Stuff (since the Plague stuff is not tradeable) 

Plague Star was a hard mission to play since it was so buggy (due to the plains still being developed)

Edited by Grimmstyler

I don't get it, so many people seem to like the Zaw as is and yet, it feels like half of them if not more are outclassed by regular weapon (dagger seem to be the exception). I did my share of testing and dust off some spreadsheet.

Do it mean Zaw are useless? If you take into consideration mastery requirement, the ability to equip Exodia on them, versatility, ect, then the answer is no. They are far from useless.

If DE creates them with the mention to be the ultimate endgame weapon, then I believe they might need a minor buff in order to compete, otherwise, they might be fine as is. On the other hand, buffing them slightly could also break balance if DE plan to release more Exodia in the future.

tl-dr

They are not useless and may be fine as is or might need a tiny buff if they goal is to be a ultimate endgame weapon

Edited by Ninjamander

As a new player with 130ish days play (although I am MR23 nearly 24)...I simply say this, quit giving me rivens for weapons I cannot in anyway acquire.

While I am on this subject.....

Warframe is quite inaccessible for new players, with some mods/weapons requiring log in rewards in the 100's of days which new players cannot hope to acquire.

It is important for veterans to be recognised and rewarded, I am cool with cosmetics, I am cool with items that I could get elsewhere eg credits/boosters/catalysts etc.

But as a pretty dedicated (but new) player I cannot master all weapons for, in some cases years...

Some of my builds I have worked hard at and I have a number of 6/7 forma'd builds but I cant fully max as need login primed mods...primed shred is a year and a half away for me...this is not very welcoming to new players.

My solution would be to either

1) Just make login rewards all cosmetic or items I could get elsewhere, 

2) Make it 600 days or 600 hours played which ever comes first (I could even live with doubling the time played requirement...eg to get zenith is 500 daily log ins or 1000 hrs playtime) 

On 3/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, NeithanDiniem said:

Question: Where did you hear this? Plague Star was designed to be repeatable, it very much can happen again just fine with a few dialog changes. You are making a lot of baseless assumptions here because you didnt provide anything in the way of sources.

See, what happened was he missed the event, and figured making completely hyperbolic statements would get them to bring it back for him. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)TheDrift- said:

As a new player with 130ish days play (although I am MR23 nearly 24)...I simply say this, quit giving me rivens for weapons I cannot in anyway acquire.

While I am on this subject.....

Warframe is quite inaccessible for new players, with some mods/weapons requiring log in rewards in the 100's of days which new players cannot hope to acquire.

It is important for veterans to be recognised and rewarded, I am cool with cosmetics, I am cool with items that I could get elsewhere eg credits/boosters/catalysts etc.

But as a pretty dedicated (but new) player I cannot master all weapons for, in some cases years...

Some of my builds I have worked hard at and I have a number of 6/7 forma'd builds but I cant fully max as need login primed mods...primed shred is a year and a half away for me...this is not very welcoming to new players.

My solution would be to either

1) Just make login rewards all cosmetic or items I could get elsewhere, 

2) Make it 600 days or 600 hours played which ever comes first (I could even live with doubling the time played requirement...eg to get zenith is 500 daily log ins or 1000 hrs playtime) 

This isn't exactly on-topic. Maybe make a new one?