Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most boring frames

mosaickle

I find frames like Oberon, Inaros, and nidus to be rather boring.

I much prefer frames like Valkyr, Limbo (min duration, not max), equinox, or titania. In general i find frames fun when i'm able to always be using abilities, the abilities are cool, and i can use my regular weapons at the same time too, valkyr is a bit of an exception since you almost exclusively use melee with valkyr, but who doesn't like to wolverine some poor grineer's face off with a 4.75 combo multiplier venka prime while swinging place to place with rip line?

I find frames like Oberon, Inaros, and nidus to be rather boring.

I much prefer frames like Valkyr, Limbo (min duration, not max), equinox, or titania. In general i find frames fun when i'm able to always be using abilities, the abilities are cool, and i can use my regular weapons at the same time too, valkyr is a bit of an exception since you almost exclusively use melee with valkyr, but who doesn't like to wolverine some poor grineer's face off with a 4.75 combo multiplier venka prime while swinging place to place with rip line?

8 hours ago, (PS4)Jaztok said:

Banshee-I find her number 4 boring to use.

It saddens me that people think Banshee is only useful for her 4. I never it. A resonance sonar build is so much more fun if you enjoy shooting stuff as it makes any weapon viable against higher levels, and it's always a pleasant surprise for your team mates too.

8 hours ago, VaricBreem said:

Gonna be honest with you , Frames  are only as boring as you let them be.......

I agree. Although there is still a matter of compatibility with your playstyle - if you don't like a certain playstyle, you may get bored by a frame that caters to it.

On topic - I try to find something interesting about every frame I'm trying, but Wukong just bore me to death. Rhino and Frost are also pretty boring for me, although I appreciate their utility. 

I wouldn't say any of them are outright boring, just less engaging. that said, my 3 are:

Wukong - cast 2 and keep the energy up. done. mindless tanking can be fun, but it loses it's lustre after a while, and Wukong's other abilities are Meh at best.

Octavia - keep all 4 powers up to create buff city, and not much else. effective? absolutely. engaging? not really.

Loki - as good as Loki is, it's basically cast 2 and occasionally 4. you gotta stay invisible to survive and after a while it gets a little tiresome IMO.

9 hours ago, VaricBreem said:

Gonna be honest with you , Frames  are only as boring as you let them be.......

Creativity  of combat with frames     Starts  with the Frame, but ends   with  the hands of its  user,

One  Guy says Frost is  Boring... I  Say smashing Ice  sculptures with a  Hammer is   amazing..

we can agree to disagree..

But we all know I am right

Oi, non of that self aware nonsense. 

I find most META map wiping toggle AoE types boring because everything dies so quickly and in missions where that's a thing, no one talks.  I've actually fallen asleep in a full META endless mission because i was so bored.

10 hours ago, NSDBL said:

Because his 'melee dedicated' kit isn't all that much better than other frames, so I might as well use another frame who has more fun abilities and melee with them anyway e.g. Excal, Inaros, even Trinity.

Besides, Wukong provides little to nothing to a squad except 'one less dead-able member'. Everyone else I mentioned above provides more to a squad than Wukong, e.g. Excal has blind and javelin for CC, Inaros has a ton of CC and we don't need to go into how much Trinity provides to a team

+2 seconds to combo counter really isn't that much when most of my melees I use atm have Bodycount

You state more fun abilities, but then list Trinity? Pls :P

I don't really see the relevance though, I thought this was a discussion of "boring" frames, not useless. Does the fact that Wukong doesn't benefit the squad as much make him boring to you? Those seem like 2 separate issues.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Trinity. Puts me to sleep. 2, 3, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4.

my thoughts exactly lmao.. i mean she doesn't have a single offensive skill which can be really really boring when team mates don't make use of your presence. i spam my skills whenever appropriate when trinity is around making them feel useful + enjoying myself but when i pick trinity nobody ever does that.. it just makes your gameplay boring and useless.

7 minutes ago, General_Democles said:

my thoughts exactly lmao.. i mean she doesn't have a single offensive skill which can be really really boring when team mates don't make use of your presence. i spam my skills whenever appropriate when trinity is around making them feel useful + enjoying myself but when i pick trinity nobody ever does that.. it just makes your gameplay boring and useless.

Trinity isn't even necessarily mainly a support frame.

You can build Trinity for survivability, some duration, some power strength and a lot of range+Arcane Guardian, equip Galatine Prime and it's an excellent melee-tank frame that can also support when it's needed.

It's not about feeling useful but about possibly being the most contributing team member in both dps and team support at the same time.

2 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Trinity isn't even necessarily mainly a support frame.

You can build Trinity for survivability, some duration, some power strength and a lot of range+Arcane Guardian, equip Galatine Prime and it's an excellent melee-tank frame that can also support when it's needed.

It's not about feeling useful but about possibly being the most contributing team member in both dps and team support at the same time.

If i want to be an aggressive melee frame I'd rather pick valkyr or volt, for survivability and healing team I'd pick Inaros. But the only skills which other frames can't compete with Trinity is the energy vampire and blessing. Not everyone has energy refil pack, zenurik, arcane energize, etc. so yea I'd rather have her as a support frame so nobody runs out of energy around her or die. Some people like me just loves the supporting role. So it would be great if energy vampire is an instant cast aoe just like blessing. and i know there's an abating link + castanas build to be more aggressive but who like to aim at the ground to kill right? lel it would be even more boring than saryn molt spam. No offense, just my opinion.

Mesa press 4 to be a spazz (not including the mesa players who build for their 2 & 3 and just use 4 sometimes, they are cool) but for sure Mesa players who just build for 4 and use only that other than that i don't judge any frame not even limbo these days since good limbos have been popping up, its more about the player behind the frame and what they do with it

• Like 1

A lot of these issues you could resolve by just playing them differently. Nidus when I'm bored with him, I just use larva on the wall. It's hilarious seeing entire groups of enemies suddenly sucked into the wall or the ceiling. Ember you should be using accellerant and fireblast more. Frost...I didn't know people actually had a problem with Frost. You can use his bubbles like bombs by hitting them with a snowball, or building for ice wave to slow groups of enemies down. Effective if you went with low power strength and want an alternative to Avalanche.

Though a lot of my personal gripes with frames are whether or not they're clunky or unreasonably slow. Hydroid on the one hand is fine because he's not really supposed to go anywhere after he's a puddle. Wukong on the other hand turns into a slow fart cloud for absolutely no reason. There's also his squeak toy exalted weapon that has a combo where you're just smashing it into the ground repeatedly.

Equinox isn't as dynamic as she should be switching between defensive and offensive stances. Been awhile since I played her but you destroyed any built buffs you had going from night to day. They should flow into each other.

Titania going only running speed as a tiny archwing. I know she has an augment now to speed it up but that requires you to power spam and doesn't feel natural.

Excalibur I feel needs an FX change to Radial Javelin. I use it and it feels very underwhelming.

Gara is flashy but no substance. I don't see how most of her abilities are supposed to work together aside from her 1 smashing her 4. Might change in the future when she gets some augments but for now she's a big wtf to me.

Octavia is a mess with certain songs.

Vauban I've lost all interest in. Sure Bastille has it's uses but any other frame or weapon can fill in the rest of his kit. His 4 was replaced completely by the Simulor which was embarassing. Minelayer is a bunch of ideas thrown together that don't really work very well in practice. Why would I need to strip the armor off a single target then launch them into the air? It's silly.

Eh, that's all I can think of right now.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

1 hour ago, General_Democles said:

I'd rather have her as a support frame so nobody runs out of energy around her or die. Some people like me just loves the supporting role.

Why not both?

The only problem with Trinity is that the frame only really shines at clutch situations.

Your teammates are dying and f.ex. the enemy mobs are scaled to the point they would oneshot the extractor? You just cast Bless+Link and wipe the map with your melee.

Mot? You cast Bless every 30 seconds and kill like normal while keeping a team of paper frames alive, it's inconvenient but it's possible.

I would like some tweaks to Trinity too btw., like extending Link's duration or changing WoL to something useful, like something that gives a bit of both power strength, overheal and armor (scaling on power strength)to make Trinity's kit complete.

1 час назад, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja сказал:

Vauban I've lost all interest in. Sure Bastille has it's uses but any other frame or weapon can fill in the rest of his kit. His 4 was replaced completely by the Simulor which was embarassing. Minelayer is a bunch of ideas thrown together that don't really work very well in practice. Why would I need to strip the armor off a single target then launch them into the air? It's silly.

Simulor doesn't even drag in alive enemies, only loot, what are you talking about?

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You state more fun abilities, but then list Trinity? Pls :P

I don't really see the relevance though, I thought this was a discussion of "boring" frames, not useless. Does the fact that Wukong doesn't benefit the squad as much make him boring to you? Those seem like 2 separate issues.

Trinity's fun for me since I know I have the ability to make them not need to die, as a support main I guess it's just in my blood not wanting my teammates to die under any circumstance, and that always keeps me on my toes, knowing anything could kill them faster than they expect e.g. toxin or tons of slash etc. And yes, since my fun value stems from 2 things: 1 - (positive) impact on squad and 2 - always needing a certain level of attention to the game.

Wukong has neither of those really. Well, he has minimal positive impact on squad but I guess one less dead-able squadmember is good enough. And for the second part, it's just boring when you toggle an ability and allow Rage/Hunter Adrenaline keep you alive literally forever. But again, that comes to playstyle since Wukong is essentially a god at endless missions whereas I very easily get bored of a frame around 15 to 20 minutes (or waves) into a single game. I constantly find myself wanting to change a frame as soon as a specific mission ends, and not necessarily to meta frames, just whoever I find entertaining or different (to switch things up I sometimes like to play Banshee or Nyx or Vauban who don't necessarily emphasize melee gameplay).

What I'm saying is, Wukong can breeze through mindlessly spamming the melee or even quick melee with one toggle ability on for the entire game. And the issue for me is indirect to that. His Defy is cool'n'all, I don't like dying either, but because Defy is so good his other abilities all had to be toned down in the fun and utility factor. His 1 is...does anyone even use his 1? His 3 is a nice escape but doesn't offer anything else and his 4, well perhaps the melee weapons I use (and the way I mod him) makes his 4 almost pointless. Whenever I use Wukong the only way I find myself using his 4 is purely for the visuals. Cuz I do have to say, his 4 looks awesome, but that seems about it. You can say that Trinity is similar to Wukong in the sense that she offers infinite energy and thus could offer infinite immortality to the entire squad, but to me that is both way better than Defy (since it's potentially making the entire squad immortal) and way more 'exciting' since you need to keep up with your 2 and 4, neither of which are toggles you can just forget about.

Essentially, when I play in a squad I want to be of value, instead of being a 'I can handle myself in any situation so Imma just go off and do my own stuff'. The only two things I can think of that he brings to a squad essentially other frames can: damage and reviving down players.