Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XP Farming 2018

Iris.Zero

Hello fellow Tennos!

Lately I have been devoting myself to farming Mastery more and more. I started first by doing spy missions like Kappa on Sedna with as much stealth kills as possible. This was not only tedious but also time consuming and not as rewarding as I initally thought. So after not too much time I switched to Dark Sector missions, as suggested by the community.

Especially Akkad was lately the best option for me and my fellow clan members to get our levelling done. Running an low efficiency Octavia while my friend is going with a EV Trinity really pays off, sometimes mastering weapons in 15 to 20 waves. However there do exist other warframes besides those two and I can't always take a 5 formaed power creep of a weapon with me.

So I was wondering, do there still exist other ways to farm xp efficiently besides Akkad? Especially for casual vanilla builds + weapons...

Looking forward to your answers!

Thanks and best Regards

Iris.Zero

Akkad really isn’t the best place to farm xp since the infested give the least amount of xp through all the factions we have in-game at the moment. I usually run Hydron, Sedna, but I’ve also heard that Stofler, Lua, is a good place as well.

Grineer enemies give the best XP, so Akkad is inferior to Hydron (the Grineer defense on Sedna). You can also use stealth farming solo using different missions (spy/exterminate). Interception also works (Berehynia, Sedna being the most meta).

helene, saturn is comparable to hydron and, due to its lower level, is easier to clear and wipe with lower tier builds. however it's not as popular as hydron, so not as easy to find a pub. 

ive heard of berehenyia being a good spot, but i dont like it.

edit: helene also has far better drops than hydron. it supplies the most of my orokincells due to my level habits.  i reccomend going 15 waves and if your weapon is short one or two levels, stealth an exterm or a spy, it'll max the rest of it out.

Edited by krekireftw

Hydron on Sedna has pretty good exp/time ratio.

Stofler on Lua is decent as well, especially considering most players are willing to stay for at least 15 waves (some junction requirement iirc).

My favourite are Neo Fissure Corpus defenses whenever they pop up.
Stephano (Uranus) is really bad, because enemies are too scattered, but Paimon (Europa) or Proteus (Neptune) are excellent for leveling gear. Oh, and if you like Octavia - she is perfect for carrying a friend without being a locking-enemies-at-spawns-jerk like the cancer build Banshee, because Corpus units have no armor and they seem to have very good accuracy vs. stationary Mallet placed in a well exposed spot. Also getting some prime parts while leveling is a nice bonus.

Edited by saradonin

I used to go to Hydron (Sedna) a lot, but lately I've been going to Helene (Saturn) instead. Even if initially no one joins your party, by the time the mission loads you will have a full group. And, you can get Orokin Cells from it. This weekend I bought Affinity, Resource and Drop Chance boosters, and I was averaging 8-10 (got 14 on one run) cells each run of 15 rounds, plus maxed out syndicates and focus as well...

Berehynia (Sedna) is good, but you need a specific group for maximum efficiency, like an EV Trinity, Buff Rhino and a DPS frame that can kill everything on the map at once, like Mag or Saryn. With an Affinity booster, you can go from zero to 30 in just two rounds of Interception...

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Was still on my break when Draco was the best xp place, but I do remember when everyone was farming that one spot over and over.

0 to 30 to all the equipped gear in 4 interception waves. I have spent so much time formaing stuff there I still have leftover orokin cells from the drops. I haven't farmed cells in two years.

Naramon Focus for leveling melee weapons, Banshee for leveling crit heavy weapons (it gives better multipliers for crits than Octavia does for base damage, about 2x times more with the same power strength and it works with operator amp leveling too).

You can go Hydron, Helene, Stöfler or if you feel lucky with getting a good pug team Mot, with Trinity you can handle that easily but it's better to expect your teammates to run around collecting stuff and exploring so Mot is not that consistent for xp.

I'm curious about the "bring only the weapon you're leveling" advice. Wouldn't having 1 weapon equipped and getting it leveled in 15 waves be the same as having 3 weapons equipped and leveling all 3 in 45 waves which would be exactly the same as leveling 3 different weapons 1 by 1 going 15 waves 3 times... 

3 weapons equipped = 3x15 waves = 45 waves 

1 weapon equipped = 1x15x3 waves (for 3 weapons in total) = 45 waves

So what's the difference here?

4 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

I'm curious about the "bring only the weapon you're leveling" advice. Wouldn't having 1 weapon equipped and getting it leveled in 15 waves be the same as having 3 weapons equipped and leveling all 3 in 45 waves which would be exactly the same as leveling 3 different weapons 1 by 1 going 15 waves 3 times... 

If you only need to level 1 weapon, you just bring that weapon.  If you need to level 3 weapons where one is a primary, another is a secondary, and the last is a melee, then there's no need to just bring one at a time.  The point that people are making with this, though, is that if someone brings the weapon they are trying to level along with a maxed rank weapon, they'll be losing affinity.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

If you only need to level 1 weapon, you just bring that weapon.  If you need to level 3 weapons where one is a primary, another is a secondary, and the last is a melee, then there's no need to just bring one at a time.  The point that people are making with this, though, is that if someone brings the weapon they are trying to level along with a maxed rank weapon, they'll be losing affinity.

Makes sense, it's that i'm new-ish so i always have a lot of weapons to level :D I've never been in a situation where i need only 1 weapon to level.. How do you contribute though? if you bring only 1 lvl0 weapon? You just do nothing and leech? That seems kinda meh

15 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

Makes sense, it's that i'm new-ish so i always have a lot of weapons to level :D I've never been in a situation where i need only 1 weapon to level.. How do you contribute though? if you bring only 1 lvl0 weapon? You just do nothing and leech? That seems kinda meh

Bring a Sonar Banshee for the damage boost, a Spova for damage and to speed up rounds, Rhino for roar or another buffer, or an EV Trin to provide energy for others.

I agree, it's kinda meh for me too.  I rarely ever jump into these types of XP farms, but when I do I usually bring my Banshee to help with killing.

22 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

Yes, but at least for pubs most people tend to leave around wave 10, so the longer you stay the more likely it is people will leave and unless you have a good team carrying you you''re losing affinity if you use your warframe powers to kill things.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

What about the Sedna Dark Sectors?

Those give XP boosts, and more bonuses for kills with certain weapons.

It just isn't as much as Hydron. I am as bored as anyone else of Hydron and tried them thinking "oh wow bonus XP, AND bonus XP for melee" but it wasn't anywhere near close to the same leveling as Hydron.

And that isn't just because most of the time you end up doing those Dark Sector missions solo as everyone is queing into Hydron some clanmates and I tried out one of the Dark Sectors on Sedna and it still wasn't close.

The problem with Hydron nowadays is unless you go in with a group of people planning on leveling most pub groups are bailing at 10 as they are there for the Neo relics you need for Vephyr Prime and the really good leveling on Hydron comes 11-15 and especially 16-20.

• 1 month later...
Am ‎28‎.‎03‎.‎2018 um 20:31 schrieb Jim22:

go to either stofler on lua or hydron on sedna akkad isnt the best place for xp 

Stöfler is my favourite place when I want to actively level a primary or secondary. For that a Roar-Rhino is an excellent choice giving weak weapons a considerable boost. You got to give it a try yourself if it's working out for you, as my weapon capacity is spoiled by MR-bonus. My Rhino only needs 10 waves there (without bonus!) to level a single weapon from 0-30.

Has anybody mentioned Sorties yet? Depending on mission type you might get some insane XP there (especially when eximus are involved).

As about Hydron and other passive "power-level" places: people tend to hop out there early as soon their stuff is done, and you not always get a badass AoE DD along.