Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people feel about the current endless fissure reward scaling?

SpacewalkerX

For all the talk about scaling rewards lately, i have seen few people even mention it.

It does stop scaling at 19 rewards with +100% to everything, and radiant relics every 5 rewards after the 15th.

I don't really see many taking advantage of it, and there seem to be a whole bunch that does not even know it exists.

It is pretty much the only scaling mission type we have. Do you feel like it scales to little?

9 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

All this talks about scaling. can't ppl just play, like we did in the old days?

It's true. But, then again, there were much fewer rewards and things to gain back then. Now that we have an overinflation of rewards that we must get, we only really play to gain something now.

Two simple things. First, uncap it. If someone wants to do a 3 hour long survival, they deserve some pretty awesome loot (assuming they make it out).

Second, apply that same scaling system to all endless missions.

People won't be getting that many extra resources from it, but it would be a slight tip of the hat to people who put in the effort to win a long endless mission. It gives players just that little bit of reward for making an effort, and that's the sort of thing you want to reward. DE needs to keep players around, so that they continue to make money. There's nothing more offputting in Warframe than getting through a 2 hour survival just to get an Ammo Drum as your final reward.

The only reason I prefer lingering in fissure missions if I can handle it is for the boosters it activates. Never knew it dropped radiants by itself after 15 rotations...

In my opinion the rewards should stack in amount for ever successful set of rotations. Note that this is a mere idea and can be dismissed, is in spoilers:

Spoiler

1st Rotation Set (RS): Nothing.
2nd RS: Extra reward per subsequent rotations (as if you were competing 2 A/B/C rotations simultaneously).
3rd RS: 2nd extra reward.
And so on, until the enemies hit a level which is 10x their usual level (i.e: level 150 for survival/defense missions where enemy levels start at levels 10 to 15); the location would look powered-down as they literally would have scuttled the entire ship or abandoned the place due to how long you've been camping there; all the doors would be left sufficiently open for you to walk through, too. [Edited: Removed theoretical ending for endless missions.]

Extra rewards can include resource bundles, like those featured in alerts, for the specific node. This would solve the issue with some resources not being in the quantities desired, and could be good incentive for us to try and hold out as we once did.

Edited by Koldraxon-732

14 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Can't vets finally get content to play and use their powered gear in, after over 5 years? Is it too much or difficult to ask for?

Edited by IceColdHawk

Thats wut want aswell sth only for us vets noobs now have so much Attention TOO much we Need sth ONLY vets can do , where noobs are scared of,dont want to go or best not allowed to(by teammates) i dont want that ,,endgame'' to be Level 100 at max(laughable sortie Level) anymore

29 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

It is hard to continue playing "the way it used to be" when new content is catered to mid tier players and those who have substantial gear sneeze enemies away. Endgame content is hard to come by and it shouldn't be that way. I dont see how complaining about endless is bad considering DE killed it 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, SpacewalkerX said:

For all the talk about scaling rewards lately, i have seen few people even mention it.

It does stop scaling at 19 rewards with +100% to everything, and radiant relics every 5 rewards after the 15th.

Actually, that's already too much scaling, as it could potentially encourage players to burn themselves out and repeat the pot of bad game design that was void 1.0. The only redeeming factors about it is that the rewards are so low and those types of fissure missions aren't reliably encountered that it counteracts any incentive for players to stay longer, and as long as that's the case I think the way it currently scales is just barely scraping by. It's a worrying precedent, yes, but nothing to panic over. Yet.

8 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is hard to continue playing "the way it used to be" when new content is catered to mid tier players and those who have substantial gear sneeze enemies away. Endgame content is hard to come by and it shouldn't be that way. I dont see how complaining about endless is bad considering DE killed it 2 years ago.

OOF

Edited by Feltal

the fissure system screwed up pretty much all the game. 
The only 2 positive thing brought by relics are that is much easier to get the specific parts that we want when grinding the newly released primes and that now players are kinda forced to play some missions in starchart in order to get the new relics.

downsides are:
-hard to repurpose endless missions without screwing up (because its still easy to cheese those missions)
-introduction of a bazilion different relics, i remember some but overall is just a confusing mess
-stupidly hard to find groups for vaulted relics anyways
-rare primes drop in value really quickly, market is constantly fluctuating making usually worthless farming extras after 2 weeks of release
-hard to find any drive for upgrading gear, because you actually dont even need anymore to do 20 waves void defense or 20 min survival to get rare stuff.
-no point whatsoever on minmaxing your stuff to achieve your goals in the game, you can blaze through the whole content of the game with a rank 6 serration and a bunch of elemental mods without even caring on how damage systems and armor scaling work
- no drive for vet players to play the game for more than 1 hour per day

Le 31.3.2018 à 08:41, JohnKable a dit :

the fissure system screwed up pretty much all the game. 
The only 2 positive thing brought by relics are that is much easier to get the specific parts that we want when grinding the newly released primes and that now players are kinda forced to play some missions in starchart in order to get the new relics.

downsides are:
-hard to repurpose endless missions without screwing up (because its still easy to cheese those missions)
-introduction of a bazilion different relics, i remember some but overall is just a confusing mess
-stupidly hard to find groups for vaulted relics anyways
-rare primes drop in value really quickly, market is constantly fluctuating making usually worthless farming extras after 2 weeks of release
-hard to find any drive for upgrading gear, because you actually dont even need anymore to do 20 waves void defense or 20 min survival to get rare stuff.
-no point whatsoever on minmaxing your stuff to achieve your goals in the game, you can blaze through the whole content of the game with a rank 6 serration and a bunch of elemental mods without even caring on how damage systems and armor scaling work
- no drive for vet players to play the game for more than 1 hour per day

Exactly