Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Recycling

Normally I am not one to complain about an update in a manner like this, but today's update feels extremely shallow and recycled to me. Other than the Lotus transmission aboard your Orbiter upon logging in, absolutely nothing about this event has been changed despite the amount of criticism it received the first time around. No fix for the event being extremely repetitive, no fix for the event causing serious connection issues (even at 90 ping or less the Hemocytes jitter and teleport among other connection based problems), no new rewards, Hemocyte still being Lephantis 2: Electric Boogaloo, nothing. All they HAVE done is make the Hemocytes more difficult without saying anything about it in patch notes.

This update honestly feels like filler. It would have been nice to receive new Plague components/Arcanes or at least more mission variety for the event. Literally anything. I appreciate the change to the Inaros skin, fixes to Kuva Survival (despite still not increasing the Kuva given), and other fixes, but I really hope we see some work done to this event if its going to be a reoccurring thing. I find this to be really disappointing.

inb4 "Ghouls don't get new content either." Ghouls don't require a new download every time they occur and are a regular thing now, not a full blown event like Plague Star. I think its much more reasonable to expect improvements to Plague Star between the time of its previous end and today.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

Kinda hoping that the download included some mechanism for them to toggle the event like the Ghouls. 

Honestly I hammered the Plaguestar event pretty hard last time and I don't recall seeing much if any problems outside of the initial issue with it sending spawners way out of bounds which caused you to essentially fail one of the missions on the regular but they patched that out pretty fast. 

Tho this time it messed up one of my bounties because instead of grineer we kept getting Infested spawners..... that was pretty really annoying especially on the last bounty segment for the last bounty in that rotation timeslot...... Not like I wanted Auger Secrets or anything...... :P

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Honestly I hammered the Plaguestar event pretty hard last time and I don't recall seeing much if any problems outside of the initial issue with it sending spawners way out of bounds which caused you to essentially fail one of the missions on the regular but they patched that out pretty fast. 

Same, clan was under the impression this was like 90% of the other introductory operations, so we smashed it hard, got everything we needed, and we have literally no reason to bother touching this event. I'm betting we're not the only ones. 4-5 months between the same operation is pure recycling... I mean, I've played for 2.5 years and most of the operations were held before that time, we only have 3 trophies in the dojo in all that time, would have been nice to have one of the old Vey Hek ones again, a lot of his dialog I've never heard.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, rune_me said:

They did buff the hemocy-whats-its-name considerably. So enjoy taking even longer to kill four of them.

This is why we can't have nice things. I applaud DE for upping enemy level. Sure, it is artificial challenge, but atleast they are making an effort. I would enjoy if future events have level 100 bosses instead of something you sneeze at like Ambulas or Acolytes. There is no reason to be mad as Plague Star is boring content any way you cut it. You either farm it for the rewards, or don't touch it at all. Leaving the Ember 1 shot and level 20-30 would still make the Operation a chore.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

13 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

This is why we can't have nice things. I applaud DE for upping enemy level. Sure, it is artificial challenge, but atleast they are making an effort. I would enjoy if future events have level 100 bosses instead of something you sneeze at like Ambulas or Acolytes. There is no reason to be mad as Plague Star is boring content any way you cut it. You either farm it for the rewards, or don't touch it at all. Leaving the Ember 1 shot and level 20-30 would still make the Operation a chore.

But the problem is, it isn't actually more challenging at all. It just takes longer. You do exactly the same thing as before. With any reasonable build, you are no more in danger of dying than you were previously. Letting enemies get tougher doesn't mean the fight itself gets tougher, it just means it takes more time to kill said enemy. 

Just now, rune_me said:

But the problem is, it isn't actually more challenging at all. It just takes longer. You do exactly the same thing as before. With any reasonable build, you are no more in danger of dying than you were previously. Letting enemies get tougher doesn't mean the fight itself gets tougher, it just means it takes more time to kill said enemy. 

The old Plague Star was easily wipeable, this one has toxin clouds everywhere that obliterate you if you aren't careful. My recent runs used a Bless Trinity. There are also those rip off eidolon attacks. I would agree it just makes the mission longer, but being able to do 10 minutes for a fully built forma is still reasonable imo.

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

The old Plague Star was easily wipeable, this one has toxin clouds everywhere that obliterate you if you aren't careful. My recent runs used a Bless Trinity. There are also those rip off eidolon attacks. I would agree it just makes the mission longer, but being able to do 10 minutes for a fully built forma is still reasonable imo.

I've done Harrow and Rhino only, but have not actually died from the boss. Died once because I completely forgot you were not supposed to stand to close to blob. 

I'll still do it, of course, because like you said, it's a much faster way to get forma than building it yourself. But the sad thing is, that the fastest way to get that forma would be to not fight the boss at all. Just use the phalaxis only, speedrun the mission, you get 2000 standing and you can easily do 2 of those runs in the time it takes you to do 1 run with 4 hemocyte fights (which only nets you 3000 standing). So people who just want to be efficient will probably just skip the boss all together.

I'll still fight them because otherwise I would get bored out of my mind quickly. But I'll fight them knowing I am kind of wasting my time doing it.

4 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Normally I am not one to complain about an update in a manner like this, but today's update feels extremely shallow and recycled to me. Other than the Lotus transmission aboard your Orbiter upon logging in, absolutely nothing about this event has been changed despite the amount of criticism it received the first time around. No fix for the event being extremely repetitive, no fix for the event causing serious connection issues (even at 90 ping or less the Hemocytes jitter and teleport among other connection based problems), no new rewards, Hemocyte still being Lephantis 2: Electric Boogaloo, nothing.

This update honestly feels like filler. It would have been nice to receive new Plague components/Arcanes or at least more mission variety for the event. Literally anything. I appreciate the change to the Inaros skin, fixes to Kuva Survival (despite still not increasing the Kuva given), and other fixes, but I really hope we see some work done to this event if its going to be a reoccurring thing. I find this to be really disappointing.

inb4 "Ghouls don't get new content either." Ghouls don't require a new download every time they occur and are a regular thing now, not a full blown event like Plague Star. I think its much more reasonable to expect improvements to Plague Star between the time of its previous end and today.

I just don't even know what to say. You are complaining about them (re)adding content to the game.

Yeah this event has actually gotten worse because the quick ways to take down Walmart Lephantis have been nerfed and thing has been buffed considerably even with a damage buff and an opticor with a damn good riven i barely to any damage to it.

The fight isnt even challenging its just tedious the thing is a giant bullet spunge that is of no real threat and even worse you have to wait for its weakpoints to open up.

I was hoping to atleast see some positive changes and not this

Edited by Gravitus123

1 hour ago, NullSaint said:

I just don't even know what to say. You are complaining about them (re)adding content to the game.

What are you talking about? I'd be fine with Plague Star coming back if they fixed any of the mentioned problems. The problem is that they brought it back without fixing anything that was wrong with it from the first time.

>The point

>

>

>

>

>you

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury

my issue is that DE decided to raise the difficulty bar substantially without telling anyone, and have essentially taken away one of the most efficient ways to get Cetus Wisps, which I absolutely loathe farming for with every fibre of my being. if they reduced Wisp requirements by half or let you buy them with Cetus Standing I wouldn't be annoyed, but I was looking forward to Plague Star 2.0, even though it's be a repeat, because it meant my wisp grind was over. seems DE had other Ideas, and it's not like we can cheese Hemo with Ember's 3 anymore because that got patched (as if Ember didn't already have it bad enough with her rework).

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

33 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

my issue is that DE decided to raise the difficulty bar substantially without telling anyone, and have essentially taken away one of the most efficient ways to get Cetus Wisps, which I absolutely loathe farming for with every fibre of my being. if they reduced Wisp requirements by half or let you buy them with Cetus Standing I wouldn't be annoyed, but I was looking forward to Plague Star 2.0, even though it's be a repeat, because it meant my wisp grind was over. seems DE had other Ideas, and it's not like we can cheese Hemo with Ember's 3 anymore because that got patched (as if Ember didn't already have it bad enough with her rework).

So wisps are gone from the event market?

12 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

So wisps are gone from the event market?

no, they're still there, but the greatly increased difficulty of the Hemocyte battle means that a single run takes a lot longer than it used to. you could get Plague star done pretty quickly before, but now it's way less efficient as the fight takes a lot longer to complete. it's no good for getting wisps quickly anymore, and that's what irks me: wisps are already boring as hell to farm as it is, and you need so many of them if you want a full Exodia set. I was waiting on Plague star specifically for farming wisps, only to find it's been deliberately sabotaged so that you can't really get it done that quickly anymore. meanwhile wisp requirements are still through the roof.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no, they're still there, but the greatly increased difficulty of the Hemocyte battle means that a single run takes a lot longer than it used to. you could get Plague star done pretty quickly before, but now it's way less efficient as the fight takes a lot longer to complete. it's no good for getting wisps quickly anymore, and that's what irks me: wisps are already boring as hell to farm as it is, and you need so many of them if you want a full Exodia set. I was waiting on Plague star specifically for farming wisps, only to find it's been deliberately sabotaged so that you can't really get it done that quickly anymore. meanwhile wisp requirements are still through the roof.

As if you even need them for something useful. All of the PoE grind is just so you can do PoE grin a little faster. Just farm the good mods like Hunter Munitions and Hunter adrenaline and be done with it.

Just now, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

As if you even need them for something useful. All of the PoE grind is just so you can do PoE grin a little faster. Just farm the good mods like Hunter Munitions and Hunter adrenaline and be done with it.

I already have more copies of those mods than i'll ever need from the first Plague Star. no point really trading them because everybody else has countless copies of them too, so prices aren't great.

I want the wisps to make Exodias for my desired Zaw builds and some Operator Armour. I still need several hundred wisps just to do that, it'd be even more if I insisted on getting everything from PoE but forget that. if they reduced the amount needed for each Exodia, I'd be fine with that.

I never really understand all the fuss for Zaws arcanes. It's a cool firework effect, but going out of your way to craft one effect from one of your melees is a waste of time imo. I'd do it if you could put those things on any melee, but even then it's still somewhat of a meh grind.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

I already have more copies of those mods than i'll ever need from the first Plague Star. no point really trading them because everybody else has countless copies of them too, so prices aren't great.

I want the wisps to make Exodias for my desired Zaw builds and some Operator Armour. I still need several hundred wisps just to do that, it'd be even more if I insisted on getting everything from PoE but forget that. if they reduced the amount needed for each Exodia, I'd be fine with that.

invest  a few hour and u ll have them all. with a booster u can get around 10-14 whisps per round, i need around 8 minutes for my round an im very, very slow,  cou can do it in 3-4 min. with my own speed i get around 50-80 whisp each night. do this few times and you re dont with it for ever. i basicly start left sea and go around map.

9 minutes ago, boysenbeary said:

DE I want to fight and kill things, not travel 2000 metres south, 2000 metres north, 1000 metres east, and 1000 metres west.

Please, let me be the Warframe mercenary I want to be, not one who walks for a living

It's that Lord of the Rings lifestyle. A few action sequences in between hours of walking.

9 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

What are you talking about? I'd be fine with Plague Star coming back if they fixed any of the mentioned problems. The problem is that they brought it back without fixing anything that was wrong with it from the first time.

No, I got your point. I just don't agree with your complaints.

15 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Normally I am not one to complain about an update in a manner like this, but today's update feels extremely shallow and recycled to me.

Of course it does. It literally is recycled. Almost what one would expect from a recurring event...

No fix for the event being extremely repetitive

If only there were other things to do...

no new rewards

All the rewards are new to me. 

So basically, your complaint amounts to,  "You put something in the game that I don't need or want anymore, so I'm mad." No one said you had to run the bounties over and over until you go nuts. No one said you had to run them at all. There are more than a half-dozen other options in literally the same place you get this mission as well as, you know, the whole rest of the game.

So, again, I just don't get the idea of complaining about them adding things to the game.

The whole event is lazy & boring with the only redeemable factor being the good rewards, now that the time to reward ratio is much lower if you do the Hemocyte boss 4 times, a big part of the event just falls on itself.

the whole event is just a reskinned bounty with a reskinned Lephantis at the end.

The 2km walk between objectives, I understand that you want us to explore the plains more & move around rather than sit in 1 area, but putting objectives 1000 meters away from each other is just bad game design, in no way is it fun nor does it promote exploration, its just a race to the nearest objective.

Want to make a challenging boss that people won't breeze through? Perhaps design one that isn't a boss that people already breeze through? or instead of making it a repetitive x4 fight make it 1 challenging boss fight that gives enough reputation to warrant you taking that challenge.

S#&$ hit the fan & you release a boss that people breeze through and you want to buff that boss & make it take a considerable amount of time?

ok, buff it, but maybe you should balance the rewards so that amount of time spent doesn't feel like a complete waste of time?

The event had potential, but when all of these things just pile on top of each other, it makes the whole experience unfun, and a chore to do because the only reason you'll be doing it is the reward aspect of it, and since people will only be looking at the rewards, most will just forget about the Hemocyte & do the Phylaxis alone. that's the biggest star of your event just set aside because its badly designed & overall not worth doing.

19 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

No, I got your point. I just don't agree with your complaints.

Of course it does. It literally is recycled. Almost what one would expect from a recurring event...

If only there were other things to do...

All the rewards are new to me. 

So basically, your complaint amounts to,  "You put something in the game that I don't need or want anymore, so I'm mad." No one said you had to run the bounties over and over until you go nuts. No one said you had to run them at all. There are more than a half-dozen other options in literally the same place you get this mission as well as, you know, the whole rest of the game.

So, again, I just don't get the idea of complaining about them adding things to the game.

I'm not really understanding your line of thought.

So, resuming, what you mean is that recycling an event (with nothing new, except the boss is even harder, in 4~5 months since the operation was released, after all the feedback we gave to DE about problems or things to fix or QoL's that could improve the fluidity of the operation) is okay?

I mean, they did tell us they were listening to our feedback and that Plague Star could use some improvements.. So... where are them? Where are the improvements? A more difficult boss? That's not an improvement. That's pouring salt into the wound. The operation itself is boring to run over and over and over again just for some rewards you might want. And what does DE do? Make it EVEN more boring AND annoying. Forcing players to group up in 4 to take on the bounty, while when the operation was first released, we could solo it.

As i've said in several other threads, I was expecting more, but as usual, am disappointed. A waste of opportunity.

22 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

So basically, your complaint amounts to,  "You put something in the game that I don't need or want anymore, so I'm mad."

Sick strawman, but no that isn't what he said at all.

His complaint amounts to, " This event got a lot of feedback, most of it is about the repetitiveness of the event & quality of it, but nothing was changed to fix those aspects of the event & its disappointing "