Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on scythes becoming heavy blades.

S.Dust

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Really.  YES.  This is great NEWS. So Hate and Reaper Prime, etc are gonna look like AW Kaszas in PvE?

Let's hope so.

I'd prefer it if they just increased their sizes and revamped the Scythe Stances, as we have enough Heavy Blades as it is, but I can understand why they're going the shorter route.

personally I like that they'll be getting longer, though from what I see that just means that the 'pole' part is getting longer which is sort of a lazy solution, what I don't like is the fact that even more melees are gonna use the heavy blade stances. personally, I'm pretty tired of them, they're getting really old and a lot of melees use them 

make them longer but keep their stances, that's my say on this 

I see that they way is easier and heavy blades do have good stances but I feel like this will kill the uniqueness of sycthes. The problem with sycthes is the stance and reach. I do like the idea of bigger scyhtes though.

I don't mind them changing the size of the Scythes. What irks me is the change from Scythe to heavy blade class weapons. I understand the Scythe stances are crap but converting all the Scythes to Heavy blades feels kinda... lazy.

There will be no more Scythes, only heavy blades with crooked blades. Guess I was waiting for a proper rework rather than a conversion. Oh well, at least DE spent some time thinking about the conversion rather then completely forget about them.

I'm not salty, I'm just upset. I'd appreciate a stance that's for heavy blade/Scythes only and Galatine/Gram can't use.

Moving scythes into the "Heavy Blade" category is kind of lame to be honest, this simply isn't what we wanted. We wanted a completely new melee class with it's own unique stances and beautiful, wide and edgy anime-style over-the-top combos.

Notice me, DE :c

Personally I feel like they should be reinvented completely, not just shoved into an already existing category. Heavy blades already have Axes and Greatswords. Don't need another one.

I'd go so far as to say that DE are trying to cut a corner (be lazy) by not bothering to look at how other games have handled Scythes and how they can incorporate similar move-sets. The heavy blade move-sets don't really fit scythes either IMO.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Heavy blades already have Axes and Greatswords. Don't need another one.

It feels like DE treats the heavy blades category as a metaphorical closet where they hide most of the heavy melee they don't know what to do with. Same goes for polearms to a degree.

I think what would be the idea to please us all is... 

Small scythes when equipped with scythes stance.. and larger model when equipped with two hand stance...  So Dev's dont have the problem to try to adjust the size for both stance to make sure they don't look broken.

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

It feels like DE treats the heavy blades category as a metaphorical closet where they hide most of the heavy melee they don't know what to do with. Same goes for polearms to a degree.

Yea. Don't know why they do that sometimes. Just tossing scythes into heavy blades just for the sake of them being bigger isn't really what a scythe fan like myself was hoping for. Being bigger is only half the solution. Update their entire category with new new stances as well. Don't take away a class of weapon and turn it into more of a thing we had before. 

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

14 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

I know this sounds really dumb, but wouldn't they technically also work if they used hammer stances instead?

Historically, combat-purposed scythes worked as halberds or glaives, so why not shove them all into a halberd stances...

Oh wait... we have no dedicated halberd stances.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Historically, combat-purposed scythes worked as halberds or glaives, so why not shove them all into a halberd stances...

Oh wait... we have no dedicated halberd stances.

Polearms?

Perhaps scythes should be moved into the Polearm catagory.

Eitherway Polearm or Heavy Blade fits them. This is the only game I've played where scythes were single target weapons.

I always hated the scythes's look and never liked the stance.

I really enjoy the changes,especially making them bigger, because when i use a scythe in the game, i feel like i'm handling a sickle to mow grass, more like than a lethal scythe, i only hope that de is going to make a new stance for the new scythes rather than just give them the heavy blade one

Edited by TheKurtiStryke

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Eitherway Polearm or Heavy Blade fits them. This is the only game I've played where scythes were single target weapons.

Like Teloch said, scythes have traditionally been used like halberds, which are not heavy blades. It would be far better for DE to just completely reinvent the scythe category, instead of canning it and decreasing the diversity of weapons. Think of how boring it would be polearms were grouped in with staves, or hammers in heavy blades.

Scythes, real scythes, are big.  

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i3ZT9hPf78A/TPet-ry9v7I/AAAAAAAABOs/DjIxjvYFi6Y/s400/Ava%2Bwith%2Bscythe%2Bfl%2B1darker%2Bcc.jpg

They are not held like heavy blades, they do not function like heavy blades.  I want a scythe that takes the real farm equipment as its inspiration and makes it bigger and stronger.  Nekros deserves a giant, powerful, death bringing scythe and he would know how to use it, he wouldn't swing it like a heavy blade. 

Yeah, Scythes deserve thier own category and a unique stance.

We got gunblades, Rapiers, Blade & whips.

Scythes are unique enough to have thier own thing compared to being lobbed in with Heavy Blades, Just like staffs to Polearms, there should be Scythes to Heavy Blades.

To me the decision to give them the heavy blade option makes no sense whatsoever. If they wanna give them another option, either Polearms or Staves would be more proper. But then again having heavy axes and heavy swords in the heavy blade category makes no sense either.

Heavy axes should use the stance of hammers since their use in combat are similar, with a long haft and a smaller head that either crushes or cleaves your opponent. The gripping on both of them works the same in order to get the best pendulum effect in the swing, something that doesnt work on a heavy sword which has a short hilt, so tight low-grip or wide low-high-grip simply isnt an option.