Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Peculiar Mods

Raspberry

34 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

[...] we dont need [...] People dont want [...] You insult the veterans [...]

do not presume to speak for anyone but yourself.

you certainly do not speak for me.

Edited by Bhao

i feel like we're getting shafted especially since this mode has been touted as something for veterans to do with cool rewards . it feels pretty insulting to have a joke reward for something claiming to be for veterans and  you might say, "well those aren't the only rewards" and you would be right. Kora is another reward but like OP mentioned, weird placement and after you have her farmed in less than a week then what ? there may be other undisclosed rewards but the way this is going, i have lost all interest in this mode. i am extremely disappointed in DE. 

Edited by (XB1)DeluxeKnight831
spelling

relevant:

767.png_original

More seriously, when did being a "veteran" translate into DE being your servants, here to cater only to you and your definition of what content should be? I must have missed that rule.

Oh wait. If it's about how big your "veteran" badge is... mine's bigger. Literally one weapon not mastered out of over 400, over 2k hours playtime. And these joke mods are my favorite part of the update. I can't wait to start shooting enemies full of flowers, because I'm so far past needing to care about efficiency, and I've spent so many hours doing exactly what Rebecca said - making my gear so good I can do whatever I want, including replacing a mod with a joke item, and still win - that this is my biggest motivation to keep playing. Getting to meme harder.

Thanks, DE. I'll be sure to have my flower mods on all the time.

20 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

If you want to particles, you don't need silly new mods, when you can do it already...

(PS: The framerate seems fine, just... pink.)

Because that one is not that demanding. I have a max firerate supra build with harrow what can drop the framerates on my computer by 25fps and its not even finalized.

Peculiar mods shouldnt be mods.. They should be purely cosmetics thing you can add to your weapon .. and that's about it .. 

Who is really gonna want to lose a mod slot (even in Rivened Weapon) for fun .. Not me  .. I,m all about adding fun if it doesnt touch the mods .. Make it like a weapon skins .. and that would be really nice

Unless they add a new "peculiar" slot and peculiar mods dont have capacity .. if not there is no point in adding that

Granted, the flower gun is very silly, especially in the WF universe. But the peculiar mods sound fun to me. I remember Bane from Borderlands... my team literally laughed until we cried when we found that gun. We spent the better part of an hour riding in the back of a truck shooting our guns in the air with sounds of "Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi-yiiiii!!!! echoing in the map" Was it beneficial to our mission?  Absolutely not! But it was one of the best nights in our team's history. Peculiar mods are for fun. Add one on when you run that lvl 10 Nitain extract alert. Certainly you won't need a maxed build for that, right? I agree with being able to toggle them off in public matches though. That would be nice. In the end it goes like everything else. If you don't want it, don't use it. No biggie.

As far as content for a veteran goes. The game gets dry every now and again and more often the longer you play. It'll be nice to have something fun to play with in your down time. We need a good laugh every once in a while. Whether that's with silly mods, or different game modes. We need it.

I for one, am super excited about a deep dungeon crawl in the Onslaught mode. My clan was talking about this about 4 years ago. It's needed, and so nice to finally see something like this in game. Of course, we'll have to see how it goes when it gets here. I agree with the rewards concern. We need something nice for our time spent. That is always a concern with every single endless mode. But like all updates, they'll tweak it as we go.

Using macros and spending thousands of plat to get the [insert weapon name here] perfect for focus farming isn't for everyone. It'll be nice having a dedicated game mode where we can go in, wreak havoc, and get some sweet tasting focus while we're there.

So while this update might not be for you. It is for some of us veterans. Maybe the next update will have something you can enjoy (and maybe we won't like it so much, doesn't matter). Until then, kick back and enjoy the fact that other people are having fun too. It's all good.

44 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

So..with new game mode for vets we got..nothing!

1)This so called "peculiar" mods is a waste of mod slot..and we dont have spare mod slots.

2) Thats mods with Mirage and Ampex = trolls new toy = fps killed. And we dont need someone to destroy our fun with massive fps drops.

3) That rewards is killing your new dark sector game mode or what even you call it. People dont want waste thei time for nothig

4) You insult the veterans. Why create good end game mode with cool reward that worth the struggle when you can just throw garbage in their faces and say "This is your new content! Enjoy!"

P.S. If this is april 1 joke..then you are late DE.

1. I have multiple efficient builds that get downright boring. I can spare some efficiency to make enemies die fabulously. What you call a waste I call an opportunity. 

2. That's a hardware limitation. DE does their best to consider older hardware but it all comes down to the player to upgrade their toaster. Plus, guaruntee there will be an option to disable these effects client side. You're exaggerating. 

3. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. The mode itself seems fun, the rewards are just a bonus to me. 

4. If you are insulted by proposed changes in a video game, that's completely on you. Don't lump the rest of us vets into your argument. I'm not insulted by this. I'm looking forward to it. 

Ps, just because something is meant for fun, doesn't mean it was meant to be a joke. Get a sense of humor. 

9 minutes ago, FelisImpurrator said:

relevant:

767.png_original

More seriously, when did being a "veteran" translate into DE being your servants, here to cater only to you and your definition of what content should be? I must have missed that rule.

Oh wait. If it's about how big your "veteran" badge is... mine's bigger. Literally one weapon not mastered out of over 400, over 2k hours playtime. And these joke mods are my favorite part of the update. I can't wait to start shooting enemies full of flowers, because I'm so far past needing to care about efficiency, and I've spent so many hours doing exactly what Rebecca said - making my gear so good I can do whatever I want, including replacing a mod with a joke item, and still win - that this is my biggest motivation to keep playing. Getting to meme harder.

Thanks, DE. I'll be sure to have my flower mods on all the time.

No on is implying that though. people are just miffed that this entire thing was supposed to draw veterans back to the game. it was said again and again that it was gonna be for veterans with some cool rewards and it turns out one of the confirmed rewards is just a big joke ? seriously ? of course people are gonna be less than happy . now you can love these mods sure, that's your right but don't expect everyone else to be all sunshine and rainbows about it 

Edited by (XB1)DeluxeKnight831

Did they say if there were anymore rewards for this "Sanctuary" mode?  Honestly the rewards don't concern me that much.  Its the focus farming part they mentioned that I care about.  If they can make the bonuses for focus worth while I'm already sold.

Anything is good, focus exp wise, in my quest to max out all focus trees lol

What, did someone force you to equip those mods or what? Yeah, they already acknowledged that they are bad, that they serve no purpose other than being silly. How many mods in this game serve basically no purpose? Many. But you ain't complaining about those. So what's a few more to the ignore/collection pool?

Sheesh, some of you "veterans" are so demanding. This is DE's game. Not yours. So deal with it and do what basically everyone will do. Ignore them. Cause no one forced you to use them.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ZeroSection said:

Did they say if there were anymore rewards for this "Sanctuary" mode?  Honestly the rewards don't concern me that much.  Its the focus farming part they mentioned that I care about.  If they can make the bonuses for focus worth while I'm already sold.

Anything is good, focus exp wise, in my quest to max out all focus trees lol

So it will start at the regular lenses level of 1% affinity or many at 2.5% being eidolon lenses level. Seeing it start at level 20 and is a +20 levels each warp it won't be able to compete with a dedicate sleep nox or even a semi competent edilon team. I don't think this game mode will be a good way to get focus, and from what was shown on the stream it dousent look good for farming resources, endo or kuva, so there is a chance of it being a bit of a wet fart.

1 hour ago, An8rchy said:

Agreed... waste of development resources.

I know they said it didn't took many people to do it, but ey, what if there wasnt any, and they could... idk, work on the sacrifice so it releases before the tennocon

Disagreed. Fashionframe is the endgame. 

Fashionframe is love. Fashionframe is life. 

Peculiars are an additional level of fashionframe-ness.

3 minutes ago, fluffysnowcap said:

So it will start at the regular lenses level of 1% affinity or many at 2.5% being eidolon lenses level. Seeing it start at level 20 and is a +20 levels each warp it won't be able to compete with a dedicate sleep nox or even a semi competent edilon team. I don't think this game mode will be a good way to get focus, and from what was shown on the stream it dousent look good for farming resources, endo or kuva, so there is a chance of it being a bit of a wet fart.

I think they're about to nerf sleep nox though aren't they?  I know they mentioned something about nerfing "exploitative" something or other as I was half paying attention.  I just want something that's fun and engaging between Eidolon bounties that doesn't put me to sleep when I'm focus farming.  It'd be better if it was actually worth it as well, but we'll see I guess.

As far as I gathered from the stream dark sectors aren't going away. Or the nodes that used to be DS are going to stay. It's not replacing those.               

Anyway, I honestly don't think they are that worried about how certain people feel about the new mods.

It does smack of April fools so I will give you that one. I doubt I will ever use them and if they are just for show they will be more then worthless after a week. 

We've been told that we wont get any more mod slots, we have soooo many mods that go unused. I wished we could have elemental/status resistant mod slots, parkour/mobility slots and a utility slot just so we dont have this ocean on mods not left in use limbo. These Peculiar mods would work great on the auxiliary slot we get during holiday celebrations. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframe_Cosmetics

Edited by Erebus_Nacht