Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Peculiar Mods

Raspberry

I find that kind of reward very appropriate. It's not unique and it's not useful for progressing further in the game. They're literally cosmetic mods for collectors, akin to the John Prodman poster. It's a virtual pat on the back, and that's the most high level endless mission rewards should ever offer.

8 minutes ago, fluffysnowcap said:

Ohhh my bad, I assumed you ment the exsule slot in the modding option. But if its like the joke skulls from halo and take a non mod a lot they sound sillycool

no worries, that tab is so rarely seen that it's easy to not remember it. Yea that's the kind of stuff, the auxiliary slot feels like such a missed opportunity from DE, I mean I'd buy all kinds of things that could go there. Whether it be weapon effects, Chest Badges or decals, Head gear like a glowing scanner or headset or even a mask.

Just now, Erebus_Nacht said:

no worries, that tab is so rarely seen that it's easy to not remember it. Yea that's the kind of stuff, the auxiliary slot feels like such a missed opportunity from DE, I mean I'd buy all kinds of things that could go there. Whether it be weapon effects, Chest Badges or decals, Head gear like a glowing scanner or headset or even a mask.

So now I know its that slot, DE where the fick is my magnum mustarsh??? As rhino looked ballet with that tash. I will pay plat to keep it!

2 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Have you considered that maybe some of us DON'T like to farm focus with boring Sleep'anox spamming and a max range whip?

I actually use a polearm, but that's not really very important to the discussion.

More importantly, the proposed system will not be as good as the Stealth method, unless they start the multiplier at at least 6x and scale it up quickly. And if they don't, then everyone who is hard-core stealth farming will continue to do so, or switch to Tridolon captures.

The more mod slots we have, the more confusing / addition to choice there is for beginners - we all know how confusing WF is when we start out.  I think this may have been a perhaps haphazard organised (ironically the first time I've seen an agenda mentioned?) devstream and that it came at a time when some of us 'users' were hoping for something more exciting to spend our time with, so they can't produce  perfect amazing devstreams each time - they CAN'T present something mind bowing every devstream - that's not fair.  Power creep, as an analogy for expecting something amazing at every announcement, is prevailant in many forms... lets just relax a little and tone the 'massive' disappointment down a little?

Lets try not to be so negative and balance out each post with +/-. Whilst I agree with the OP's observations, I'm putting this here to say, DE keep it up guys coz we got an intravenous drip on this here game and we can't give it up easily!

I would prefer more detailed Gore instead of those "peculiar mods"

More graphic death animations, destructible Grineer armors and masks, stains of blood and dirt on Warframes....wounds, especially when Beed procd.

I just dont see any reason to "humiliate" AI driven pixels by growing flowers on them...   But eh. Thats just my opinion anyways.  Some people might actually like it....

Though Peculiar mods are " just for fun "  they do tend to show DE's outlook on the difficult aspect of the game and their future approach. " I'm so powerful I can use a mod slot for this troll mod " or similar was said and I think most players are looking for something to do with that power rather than replace it with lulz.

I personally find it a little insulting as they know players are too strong for current content and decide to laugh about it rather than address it.

EDIT: Oh, then there was the thing with "hardcore players" for more Focus rewards... .ahem.. Hardcore players are done with Focus.

There just seems to be a massive disconnect at this point and Vehicles were a thing in 1998 guys...

Edited by Xzorn

Problems

-Useless Mods

-Cost Capacity

-Cost Slots

Pros

-Are cool?

There's no reason why the community that has been asking for solutions to mandatory mods and scaling should receive mods that not only don't address either of these, but will be dead on arrival due to literally lowering peoples power without even giving QOL. The only reason I would equip one of these would be if I was playing super low level missions and wanted to be a Dingle to noobies, but VETERANS HAVE BEEN ASKING NOT TO HAVE TO PLAY LOW LEVEL CONTENT SO THAT WAY NEW PLAYERS DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH US OUTPERFORMING THEM!

No 'hardcore' player needs focus anymore, eidolons and adaro have saw to that. No 'hardcore' player wants useless mods, add arcane slots to weapons and make the 'Peculiar' mods into 'Peculiar' Arcanes since currently there ARE no gun arcanes.

From what I see once I get khora there will be NOTHING that will make me want to play onslaught. I'm OK with focus gains being in onslaught, but we've been promised onslaught to be the 'endgame' for months now since you guys removed raids (which were endgame in the sense of speed running). We want something to do that has meaningful rewards, adding a reward that you said yourselves is "USELESS" isn't going to make anyone happy.

Please, DE, PLEASE! Make me want to play the game. I'm getting really tired of non-engaging missions that make me just want to sleep through it using CC, or lame overcomponsaters (hemocyte) that make me only use 3 frame combinations (titania/rhino/chroma).

DE, get out of your ivory tower and PLEASE read the feedback forums, I'm begging you, players have put their heart and souls into ideas that deserve to be considered and commented on BY YOU! It feels like you've shut us out except for the spam mail messages you guys get in every patch notes (speaking of which eidolon fix when).

I'm at my wits end when you guys lie to us and tell us you're listening to our feedback but then turn around with the most backwards systems possible to what we've been telling you we want.

Ah, so you're upset and your opinion is the right opinion that everyone follows. Am I translating this properly? Because as far as I see it, these are not the only rewards in the new game mode and only a few players actually share your thoughts. It's almost like you and them are having a knee jerk reaction to something that is ultimately harmless in the long run and meant to be a fun distraction at best. 

Also, calling out the devs like that only serves to have them ignore you.

It just feels like they missed April Fools and wanted to make a 12-day-late joke. Seriously, I feel like this is a waste of ressources and work just for some "lol" that is just as meaningful and important as a potato glyph, if not less. 

Why not "cool" effects instead of some dumb looking cartoon visuals? It's not Fornite, where you can get a bunny rabbit or dinosaur suit with a rainbow pickaxe and an umbrella glider. Warframe was a serious game when I started 3 years ago and it was for a long time, but they keep adding more and more ridiculous stuff that makes me feel like I'm a 7-year-old who watches tv while my character is supposed to be a teenager who was used as a tool for war because of it's surreal and misterious powers, a young person who saw madness at it's finest, a person who doesn't want to be treated like a kid *looking at you, Teshin*.

Sure, Bunny ears for easter and mustaches for movember are funny, but mods that makes your weapons completely ridiculous? I'm sorry for DE, but that's really far from the "Ninja" theme. Unless everybody forgot that it was supposed to be part of the game...

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

When there is probably better ways to spend dev time. I mean what is this, Warframe or Memeframe. I mean come on flowers on enemies? Do they really need to be humiliated more than they currently are?! 

I strongly disagree with the time spent developing these mods. When there are already a dozen mods that are useless. And yet here is one more. 

Can't wait to see quiet shy video on it..lol

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

3 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

It just feels like they missed April Fools and wanted to make a 12-day-late joke. Serioulsy, I feel like this is a waste of ressources and work just for some "lol" that is just as meaningful and important as a potato glyph, if not less. 

Why not "cool" effects instead of some dumb looking cartoon visuals? It's not Fornite, where you can get a bunny rabbit or dinosaur suit with a rainbow pickaxe and an umbrella glider. Warframe was a serious game when I started 3 years ago and it was for a long time, but they keep adding more and more ridiculous stuff that makes me feel like I'm a 7-year-old who watches tv while my character is supposed to be a teenager who was used as a tool for war because of it's surreal and misterious powers, a young person who saw madness at it's finest, a person who doesn't want to be treated like a kid *looking at you, Teshin*.

Sure, Bunny ears for easter and mustaches for movember are funny, but mods that makes your weapons completely ridiculous? I'm sorry for DE, but that's really far from the "Ninja" theme. Unless everybody forgot that it was supposed to be part of the game...

I completely agree with you, Peculiar mods should not exist, period.

Not only it doesn't fit on warframe, it's more visual cancer that will affect fps... Hope DE reconsiders not adding them or just give us an option to turn off the peculiar mods.

Otherwise I will become a 24/7 solo warframe player just 2 not see them.

If there isn't a peculiar mod slot added, they're not worth it. I've been waiting for something to do in Warframe, I was excited for Onslaught, hoping that it would have fun modifiers on different floors and stuff, and then I heard them talking about making it geared towards veteran players, giving rewards for people who are looking for endgame, and then... Yeah, let's insult everyone by baiting them along with the idea of removing mandatory mods, then drop the idea entirely, then give people fun mods that waste slots. Like... what?