Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Peculiar Mods

Raspberry

10 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Ah, so you're upset and your opinion is the right opinion that everyone follows. Am I translating this properly? Because as far as I see it, these are not the only rewards in the new game mode and only a few players actually share your thoughts. It's almost like you and them are having a knee jerk reaction to something that is ultimately harmless in the long run and meant to be a fun distraction at best. 

Also, calling out the devs like that only serves to have them ignore you.

I think you're stupid but that doesn't mean I'm right. If you like wasting mod slots, fine that's your perogative, but there's other players that feel like I do, such as the frozenballz in the start on his stream video that was posted here.

There's plenty of upset vets in the forums, we feel that our time's been wasted.

Update will show up when i finish the stream

1 minute ago, SteamlordD said:

If there isn't a peculiar mod slot added, they're not worth it. I've been waiting for something to do in Warframe, I was excited for Onslaught, hoping that it would have fun modifiers on different floors and stuff, and then I heard them talking about making it geared towards veteran players, giving rewards for people who are looking for endgame, and then... Yeah, let's insult everyone by baiting them along with the idea of removing mandatory mods, then drop the idea entirely, then give people fun mods that waste slots. Like... what?

You should also watch the post dev-stream with frozen ballz.

He talked with Rebecca about posible rewards beside peculiar mods, watch the video.

Peculiar mods, as far as we know, are intended to be nothing more than fun silly cosmetic items.  There are already a number of threads that go more in depth with these mods, but my question is this :  If we're getting these silly 'fun' mods that serve no other purpose than to be just that.... then why can't we keep things like bunny ears,valentine's day arrow skin, the pumpkin head, or more importantly, why cant we have our mustaches back?! 

I distinctly recall a response as to why we can't keep those items permanently  is something along the lines of "they're just silly fun things that don't really fit in with the rest of the game" - yet we've come to a point where there are already things that go against this - dancing for instance, and now these 'peculiar mods'.  I think it would be amazing to finally be able to keep all of the silly little fun cosmetics to go along with it.

~its worth noting that I mean this all in a very light-hearted way, and what it all really boils down to is me just hoping that one day we'll get to have our mustaches back for good lol.  My Atlas would also very much like his pumpkin head back :')...

29 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

There's no reason why the community that has been asking for solutions to mandatory mods and scaling should receive mods that not only don't address either of these

These were never intended to address Mandatory Mods. They are simply supposed to be a way of showing off how good you are by gimping your loadout, though I do think it will instead lead to players bringing an R30 weapon into a mission with only Peculiar mods equipped, then expecting the rest of the squad to carry them. That's what bothers me about the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Ah, so you're upset and your opinion is the right opinion that everyone follows. Am I translating this properly? Because as far as I see it, these are not the only rewards in the new game mode and only a few players actually share your thoughts. It's almost like you and them are having a knee jerk reaction to something that is ultimately harmless in the long run and meant to be a fun distraction at best. 

Also, calling out the devs like that only serves to have them ignore you.

a. His concerns are SHARED between many of the veteran community. To some degree. AND no not just a few players share the thoughts. I know because i have been looking in multiple content creators discords, in my own clan, in a few missions that i ran today. the talk was this was not a good idea as it stand now.

b. the talk Frozen had with DErebecca does well to assuage some of our concerns. SOME. not all. A Knee jerk reaction to the limited information shared is believable, because what they showed is not very acceptable when considered and compared.

c. calling out the devs and calling them names gets you ignored, this is not that. It is concerning that less of our total community feedback gets considered nowadays, because it leads to such decisions as to the dilution of drop tables with one off mods that dont do anything to the game to improve it.

no his opinions are not shared by all people. they are however shared by more than you think, and if you think a little longer about the long term impact of these mods on the game, your opinion might just change too. dont just leap to try and discredit him because you disagree with his generalizations.

Just now, Gandergear said:

I think you're stupid but that doesn't mean I'm right. If you like wasting mod slots, fine that's your perogative, but there's other players that feel like I do, such as the frozenballz in the start on his stream video that was posted here.

There's plenty of upset vets in the forums, we feel that our time's been wasted.

Update will show up when i finish the stream

That is still a handful of players compared to the entirety of the active playerbase. I'm fact, let me sum up what could possibly be going through a majority of players minds: they either don't care or don't know about them. You can't use the forums or Reddit as a definative source for the opinion of the community. Sure, you can get a general sample size but that's flawed as well as the ones who complain make up a very tiny percentage, they're just the loudest.

To put it plainly, whether you like the new peculiar mods or stubbornly hate them, we're not a majority. So stop lumping everyone in your opinions. You don't like them, say so without:

- Dev bashing

- Acting like you know what the communiy is thinking

- letting your emotions speak for you

DO

- State your argument in a level headed manner

- Keep your opinion as an opinion

- offer alternatives if you have any

- bring concerns to the table

- base your opinion on all the facts presented

That's how you get discussion going. But then again, we fail to do any of that.

32 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

There's no reason why the community that has been asking for solutions to mandatory mods and scaling should receive mods that not only don't address either of these

These were never intended to address Mandatory Mods. They are simply supposed to be a way of showing off how good you are by gimping your loadout, though I do think it will instead lead to players bringing an R30 weapon into a mission with only Peculiar mods equipped, then expecting the rest of the squad to carry them. That's what bothers me about the whole thing.

JFC. God forbid they add something fun to the game. These mods don't require any balance. There are no game-affecting stats on them. They don't need to have anything done with them that isn't purely cosmetic. These mods aren't taking anything away from other things in development, especially weapons, frames, or story content.

33 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

DE, get out of your ivory tower and PLEASE read the feedback forums, I'm begging you, players have put their heart and souls into ideas that deserve to be considered and commented on BY YOU! It feels like you've shut us out except for the spam mail messages you guys get in every patch notes (speaking of which eidolon fix when).

This is their game. They listen but are not obligated to follow through with every useless fever dream people throw on the forums. Deserve? Get off your high horse. If you feel like you are entitled to their time then please take a step back and reevaluate your relationship to this game and the dev.

You've stumbled on the deep dark secret of game development. If someone spams every thread with their pet issue, the game dev has no choice but to fix that issue and said issue will be super simple to fix. Fix when they bloody fix it.

I'm looking forward to what kind of zany actual-mechanic they implement that is using these silly things as the bugtesting platform for.

Growing flowers on crit hit? Probably gonna be some form of infestation-related thing in the future.
Stars on impact proc? Actually might be part of an improved vfx for status effects update to reduce reliance on the debuff bar.

Additionally.... Beyond just laying groundwork for future mechanics in a way that lets them stealthily bugtest or even check if an idea might be worth pursuing, it's a low-effort way to add more optional challenge.

Yes, players want something to do with all that power they have. The problem is what we're asking for is, in effect, gear check content. What you have to realize is, Warframe can't really support fail-if-your-gear-level-is-too-low content, due to how the game functions. It would turns off new players. This is in part why Trials were basically abandoned- they basically required a community-run school bus to truly be playable, and even then there were some fairly strict requirements for the rare pick-up groups in terms of what people needed to bring.

So we get content like the Eidolon hunting. Where the base content itself isn't too hard, but if you wanna get efficient with it, you gotta git gud. For someone not kitted, even one Tridolon run in a full night cycle is somewhat hard to pull off. I hardly ever expect a board group to manage more than just the one. Recruiting chat isn't much better, typically only netting 2 in a night cycle. Meanwhile a properly premade group, organized meticulously from people who have lucked into finding eachother and are completely competent? Minimum 3, 4 if the vombat spawns don't screw you.

Sanctuary Onslaughts are going to *be* something to do with all that power- not too hard at the start, but with a fast ramp.

The problem is, they can't exactly reward you with MORE power for beating the higher levels of it, as it'd compound the problem we already have. So we get things like these Peculiars. Mods that say "Gratz, you're awesome- now tone down your power level a bit and dive into some normal content to show this off!".

I just hope there's one that I like. The two that we've seen have effects that don't really appeal to me.

2 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

That is still a handful of players compared to the entirety of the active playerbase. I'm fact, let me sum up what could possibly be going through a majority of players minds: they either don't care or don't know about them. You can't use the forums or Reddit as a definative source for the opinion of the community. Sure, you can get a general sample size but that's flawed as well as the ones who complain make up a very tiny percentage, they're just the loudest.

To put it plainly, whether you like the new peculiar mods or stubbornly hate them, we're not a majority. So stop lumping everyone in your opinions. You don't like them, say so without:

- Dev bashing

- Acting like you know what the communiy is thinking

- letting your emotions speak for you

DO

- State your argument in a level headed manner

- Keep your opinion as an opinion

- offer alternatives if you have any

- bring concerns to the table

- base your opinion on all the facts presented

That's how you get discussion going. But then again, we fail to do any of that.

So literally you just ignored the original post and think I think like you just described? There's multitudes of forums that describe what i'm talking about, both with Pec Mods and the new player experience. Hell, ember got NERFED because players complained about playing with (veterans) who were using her to clear out low level missions.

But no, you think that a community uproar is entirely unfounded, you do know that DE can't listen to our feedback in time when they release the dev workshops right? If they did IPS 2.5 wouldn't have been such a flop. No dev team can rework something in 5 days.

I'll be as passionate as I dahm well please, emotion is essential to getting players points across, espescially when we've given them level headed feedback for MONTHS regarding what we'd like to see that'd been ignored.

You're just talking out of your sphincter because you don't like what I have to say I guess. All your 'do's are there, I don't need you to throw a laundry list at me.

1 minute ago, Gandergear said:

So literally you just ignored the original post and think I think like you just described? There's multitudes of forums that describe what i'm talking about, both with Pec Mods and the new player experience. Hell, ember got NERFED because players complained about playing with (veterans) who were using her to clear out low level missions.

But no, you think that a community uproar is entirely unfounded, you do know that DE can't listen to our feedback in time when they release the dev workshops right? If they did IPS 2.5 wouldn't have been such a flop. No dev team can rework something in 5 days.

I'll be as passionate as I dahm well please, emotion is essential to getting players points across, espescially when we've given them level headed feedback for MONTHS regarding what we'd like to see that'd been ignored.

You're just talking out of your sphincter because you don't like what I have to say I guess. All your 'do's are there, I don't need you to throw a laundry list at me.

Well, not the reaction i expected. I'll leave this thread be then. 

18 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

He talked with Rebecca about posible rewards beside peculiar mods, watch the video.

Finished it, I'm still not convinced. "Other rewards" isn't an answer that I find satisfactory. It's hopeful since she opened it up to his stream, but unless they set up a dev workshop ASAP only people who were in there with him had a say. Otherwise I assume DE is going to give their "1500 credit cache" reward like usual and continue to waste everyone's time.

Add acolytes as minibosses, make rare mods like target aquired show up in the S#&$ rotations, give us choices of what rewards we get (i.e. Khora Neuro, 500 endo, or 300 kuva), do SOMETHING to make it engaging.

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

Well, not the reaction i expected. I'll leave this thread be then. 

Sorry we couldn't find a point of mutual understanding, but I don't like being shafted like this by devs that don't act like they even read the feedback forums.

10 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

JFC. God forbid they add something fun to the game. These mods don't require any balance. There are no game-affecting stats on them. They don't need to have anything done with them that isn't purely cosmetic. These mods aren't taking anything away from other things in development, especially weapons, frames, or story content.

This is their game. They listen but are not obligated to follow through with every useless fever dream people throw on the forums. Deserve? Get off your high horse. If you feel like you are entitled to their time then please take a step back and reevaluate your relationship to this game and the dev.

You've stumbled on the deep dark secret of game development. If someone spams every thread with their pet issue, the game dev has no choice but to fix that issue and said issue will be super simple to fix. Fix when they bloody fix it.

I'm not even talking about my posts, there are actual beautiful posts made by players with much more skill in concepts then me that receive their phat stacks of likes that still don't even seem to be considered by the devs. If the devs wanna ignore everything, SURE. But then why even bother having a feedback forum.

Only one I see on a high horse is you since you always wanna be the center of the forum you join.

1 minute ago, Ezekeel666 said:

Yeah. Let us all ignore valid criticism because it is not accompanied by enough arsekissing and pretty please.

I can get devs not liking being called mean names but come on. If someone has negative feedback that's been going on unfixed for literally 6 months they can reserve the right to be short.

3 minutes ago, Ezekeel666 said:

Yeah. Let us all ignore valid criticism because it is not accompanied by enough arsekissing and pretty please.

actually I have no idea what in my post could be considered dev bashing. Passionate? Sure, but outright hostile to the devs? My post sounds more desperate for a fix than anything.

29 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

Well, I'm a good way through it now, and Reb seems to be saying that there will be other rewards but they're still trying to figure out what those will be, which isn't inspiring any hope, considering that Khora is supposed to release next week, and drop from the mode, so...

I mean if they made these Mods either 0 cost and take their own slot, OR made them, say, a consumable (Think Legendary Core-esqe and you'll get that picture) item we can fuse to ma-rank Mods for added lulzy effects, I wouldn't be too angry.

I am, however, baffled as to why I should go Hardcore if lulzy effect Mods are a possibility.  At least give Cells.

1 minute ago, Gandergear said:

I'm not even talking about my posts, there are actual beautiful posts made by players with much more skill in concepts then me that receive their phat stacks of likes that still don't even seem to be considered by the devs. If the devs wanna ignore everything, SURE. But then why even bother having a feedback forum.

Only one I see on a high horse is you since you always wanna be the center of the forum you join.

Instead of actually working on the game, the devs need to troll the forums and comment on everything posted? How does this improve things?

This is not a game made by likes on a forum. How does something being popular on the forums (reminder: the forums represent a minor fraction of the player base) mean that it should be in the game or even considered by the devs?

To be honest, even after about 900 hours playing, I'm failing to see the problem here. We get Focus, we get some neat show-offy mods, we get a new Frame, and we get a bunch more rewards on top of it. I'm sure they have an IDEA of what rewards they want to give out, but asking the community what do they want to get is good too, and something they can adjust before release. But honestly, I'm only one person, I don't know what the general community consent is on this, and I won't claim to. I am just hoping that people won't abandon this after a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Sintag said:

I mean if they made these Mods either 0 cost and take their own slot, OR made them, say, a consumable (Think Legendary Core-esqe and you'll get that picture) item we can fuse to ma-rank Mods for added lulzy effects, I wouldn't be too angry.

I am, however, baffled as to why I should go Hardcore if lulzy effect Mods are a possibility.  At least give Cells.

I mean like

-I have almost 700 orokin cells

-Finished everything I'd want in focus

-Filled my orbiter with trash and only have 4 capacity left

The only things I'd want would be

-Poly Bundles because they're required for the useful consumables

-Kuva because it never stops being useful

-Mutagen Masses and Samples because they're just a pain to get

-Rare Containers because i'm sure plenty of players would like to scan them and in general they're fun (RIP raids)

-Plains Resources

-Acolyte mods (to reduce plat inflation of them)

-Other Rare Mods

But that's not to discount that a vast majority of players WOULD want O-cells, focus, and junk for their orbiters.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Instead of actually working on the game, the devs need to troll the forums and comment on everything posted? How does this improve things?

This is not a game made by likes on a forum. How does something being popular on the forums (reminder: the forums represent a minor fraction of the player base) mean that it should be in the game or even considered by the devs?

then oh mighty one TELL us what the point of the feedback forums is.