The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

Not every frame needs an exalted something, ever since Excalibur's rework that's almost been nonstop. I'd withhold judgement until we dive into the unmentioned synergies like Gara had.

Edit: The thread merges have really thrown a lot of conversations out of context. Pity.

Edited by PsiWarp

I don't know how to feel about that ability as of yet, but I think the alternative was even less original - there's enough frames with exalted weapons as it is. Plus she has a somewhat original mechanic with her kitty that can switch it's role and function.

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Not every frame needs an exalted something, ever since Excalibur's rework that's almost been nonstop. I'd withhold judgement until we dive into the unmentioned synergies like Gara had.

They've teased us with exalted whip since the start, and its not every frame that needs it, the only frames that have TRUE exalted weapons are Excal, Valk and Ivara, in case people don't know, Exalted weapons are special weapons that will change a warframes battle stance when activated and can only be used in this mode, they will get a special sword with stance, or claws or firing mode....I guess Mesa uses this as well, but they have to be actual weapons so no one punch atlas, Exalted whip would have been amazing because an exalted mode that scales off whips would have been great, I have so many whip builds that would have gone amazingly well, and now....Khora is just another CC frame :/

9 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Ive seen tons of posts with people giving out ideas for FREE

I thought DE was the developer of the game?

Just now, Knight_Ex said:

Exalted whip would have been amazing because an exalted mode that scales off whips would have been great

It would scale off any melee weapon, like every other Exalted melee.

How are you this salty over something that doesn't exist yet?

Edited by peterc3

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

They've teased us with exalted whip since the start, and its not every frame that needs it, the only frames that have TRUE exalted weapons are Excal, Valk and Ivara, in case people don't know, Exalted weapons are special weapons that will change a warframes battle stance when activated and can only be used in this mode, they will get a special sword with stance, or claws or firing mode....I guess Mesa uses this as well, but they have to be actual weapons so no one punch atlas, Exalted whip would have been amazing because an exalted mode that scales off whips would have been great, I have so many whip builds that would have gone amazingly well, and now....Khora is just another CC frame :/

Titania also has exalted weapon.

I don't like Exalted weapons in general, but I'm not sure if I like what they proposed either. I missed a bunch of infos so I'll either rewatch or wait for the overview.

I admit that I liked the first concept of Khora (except the insane ragdoll of the Impact-type whip attack back then) and even felt like Chroma should get the same treatment, but DE decided to change it for some reason and now everybody (including myself) is just getting mad at every "meh" detail because they took so much time making her kit and teasing us that we pretty much all feel like it should be done AND polished by now. 

Again, I'll rewatch to make sure I didn't miss something important (as usual), so do not take this as a real argument.

My biggest issue isn't so much that it's CC, but that it appears to be a less functional version of Vauban's Bastille, which is already rather meh as CC. For an ultimate, I would expect more range, or some form of defense, not just a bunch of small points scattered around a globe that enemies can walk around and avoid.

Just now, CheezThePimp said:

Her 1st basically scales from melee mods a la Punchy boi. There is your exalted weapon.

Im more interested in how will the kitty work considering they said it can change role midway

Yeah I saw, a healing pet, sorry but instead of patch healing I would rather just take an Oberon or even better a Trinity, again she's a mesh of rehashed abilities when before she was going to be something new and unique, I was really looking forward to this.

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Titania also has exalted weapon.

Wukong too

Honestly, I'm more excited for that Needle gun they showed a while ago that's supposedly going to ship with her.  Can't wait to try that bad boy out

Edited by SixDimensions

il y a 4 minutes, Knight_Ex a dit :

They've teased us with exalted whip since the start, and its not every frame that needs it, the only frames that have TRUE exalted weapons are Excal, Valk and Ivara

Titania's Razorwing, Mesa's Peacekeeper and Wukong's Primal Fury are also Exalted weapons. In total, there are 3 Exalted melees, 1 Exalted Bow/Primary, 1 Exalted Secondary/Pistol and 1 Exalted Archwing (which includes an Arch-Primary and melee).

Ah my mistake, I don't use Wukong and Titania as much as I should, so I guess there were more than I originally thought, but still with what they showed before the exalted whip looked amazing, and whips seem to be a meta in warframe right now, plus is she supposed to be played off as a dominatrix cause thats kinda what it looks like with some of the ability animations.

• Khora's Ult Changed ...

DE ... The part about Khora I was most looking forward to was the Exalted Whip she was going to have.... I was SOOO happy because the lack of attention to whips in Warframe is urksome to me, I mean you have them so that's good but the subjectively best one looks like a bladed soup can on a rope and the subjective best looking one isn't that great power wise.
 Now after the DevStream I find out that the one major thing I was looking forward to ... has been removed... and replaced with a Bigger version of her 2nd power. It's like if Oberon had a Version of Hallowed Ground that had Pine Trees on it and not just ferns as his Ult and they Basically do the same thing just ones Bigger ~
I used that example because that's what I see, her #2 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the target to it and CCs them too. Her #4 is a CC power that drags enemies close to the area to it and CCs them too. See what I mean? Also to top that off there now is no synergy .. in fact it looks like her #2 & #4 are going to clash.
I want her Exalted Whip Back...

• Peculiar Mods...

So they are going to be 'bling' mods... that you have to give up a slot for... that do nothing other than a visual effect... and rather than have these as an option you can buy somewhere you are having them mixed in with the droptables with Khora's parts and I quote "other cool rewards" ? I'm sorry but that is a VERY bad Idea ...it's like, remember T3 Capture? How it had some of the very greatly sought after prime parts but also had tons of 'garbage' drops compared to the prime stuff? Sorta repeating that mistake here...

• Scythe Stances...

You guys have a Weapon in the Game called the Dark Split Sword ... remember? We all wanted it to swap stances on the fly mid mission but never got that ... BUT you do have a Weapon that uses 2 Stance types. So for the Scythes .... Why not Both? Give use the option to use Fast Scythe stances or Heavy Blade Stances... Give the weapons a 10% power boost when in Heavy mode or something

8 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Yeah I saw, a healing pet, sorry but instead of patch healing I would rather just take an Oberon or even better a Trinity, again she's a mesh of rehashed abilities when before she was going to be something new and unique, I was really looking forward to this.

You have a point there but I run mainly Pubs and rarely see any Oberon or Trinity outside of Eidolon hunts.

She might not fit in a pre established squad but I can see her being usefull.

Aside from the fact that they might change stuff on her(ya never know with DE)

Also

She is something new and unique it allows you 2 run with 2 pets.(ofc her kavat will be bound to duration or energy drain)

i'm not broken up about not having the exalted whip. with that said, all the abilities look kinda meh, except the kavat. the different functions of the summonable kavat were surprising. i just thought it was gonna be a 2nd pet prior to this. her 2nd ability is basically harrow's condemn with some of vauban's vortex added so it pulls enemies towards it. her 1 is alot like gara's one and the ult looks like bastille with a globe shape. >.>

kinda expected something different after all this time of them working on her.

I personally prefer her new 4 to her old exalted whip 4.

For me, Exalted Weapons feel like they limit my weapon choice since I'd probably be better using the exalted weapon then one of the weapons provided in game. 

Her new 4 seems really cool, can't wait to see it more in depth.

Yeah I waited to see Exalted whip too. But they just put there a similar ability that already have harrow as his first ability (chains). Her 2 and 3 are almost the same I don't understand that. I though that with Nidus warframe release we will see now great Warframes that have synergy with all abilities : (

The only what they showed interesting it's let say the new symaris daily. If this game mode won't give us end game challenge then I probably gonna quit Warframe, it takes too long time to wait for something challenging.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

3 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

Agree 100% with khora point. I was looking forward to the exalted whip but nvm another CC ability...guess no exciting content for another month. sanctuary onslaught isnt looking too hot either.

It will be just another mode where you go and farm something very easily. Nothing challenging in the game to be honest, and that's starts to make game boring.

19 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

^ I'm with @PsiWarp  I wasn't too attached to the exalted whip one way or the other.  Would it be cool? Probably. But that doesn't mean her current ability won't be very useful or interesting.  Or just for jollies since you can hang enemies up like pinatas and shoot the candy out of them

24 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

There are 34 warframes, and 6 warframes have exalted weapons, A.K.A 18% of the warframes.

The exalted weapons got the charm of offering a whole new gameplay to the game. Look at titania's razorwing form, look at excalibur's energy wave attacks, look at mesa's peacemaker, look at valkyr's hysteria.

They offer alternatives to gunplay and to meleeplay. You can pop your exalted weapon and go weapon-free for the entirity of the mission with a whole new playstyle to learn. An exalted whip had so many possibilities. Could be a typical whip or have special interactions or attacks. So much could be done to it, and DE decides to remove it for a mix of harrow's 1st and vauban's 4th.

That's just disappointing. I'm only getting khora for the kavat summoning, try it out and then bench her forever. Mastery Fodder.

And to those saying "but khora's 1st scales from melee mods"... it's an ability. Not an exalted weapon. You press 1, your character does an animation and performs an attack. Same with atlas, same with ash. Exalted weapons require aiming, attacking enemies by holding LMB, not by simply pressing buttons. In other words, it's absolutely LAME.