Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Your Favorite Syndicate?

Duality52

32 minutes ago, Gessie00 said:

[stuff]

From an ethical perspective it's probably wise for us Tenno to disarm all major factions and free the slave races, then start designing a functional system of governance which promotes collaboration, individual equality and scientific progress. From a "this is just a game" perspective it's probably best to keep chopping up hordes of slaves and innocent animals at the behest of space mom. :)

The thing is, the Lotus specifically forbids us from doing that because otherwise we're no better than the Orokin.

1 hour ago, Cryptix123 said:

The thing is, the Lotus specifically forbids us from doing that because otherwise we're no better than the Orokin.

True, she categorically disallows us to "meddle", which shows that the Lotus is highly biased as well, and I dare say a bit stupid. The Orokin created an empire, one of many possible possible constructs (and one generally considered to be highly prone to corruption). Among its greatest horrors was slavery. Slavery is just as present in the "current" Warframiverse if I'm not mistaken, though I'm no expert on external lore (not found in the game itself).

Anyway, the Orokin were a horribly backwards bunch. A setback, not a reason to sit around twirling our thumbs as the masses of soldiers (and probably civs, though we don't see those often) are abused on a daily basis within factions which are slightly better than the Orokin.

Lotus' opinion is a knee-jerk reaction combined with willful ignorance towards the widespread suffering that is taking place. In order to improve the situation we would have to rebel against her. Now there's a quest I'd like to see.

Edited by Gessie00

2 hours ago, Gessie00 said:

They're all stupid bastards who need to be disarmed,

2 hours ago, Gessie00 said:

it's probably wise for us Tenno to disarm all major factions

I smell Loki all over this post... 

Spoiler

Jokes aside, I like your thinking. Everything in your posts (From what I have read in this thread) is true. I second your belief in Cephalon Suda being "The most right" (My wording that doesn't sound grammatically correct...). She really just seems to want knowledge, not unlike Simaris. And again, not unlike Simaris, she is willing to use violence to get said knowledge. (Both Cephalons not only have operatives that work for them, but they also use the Tenno.) It's a little shady, but my opinion is kinda biased. I have always liked Cephalons, I don't know why. I personally would choose Ordis as a faction if it were allowed. Especially if Clem and Darvo were included in the group. 

For me, I was a sucker for "Old Guard" loyalty. I remembered back when the Veils were the first syndicate to petition us for assistance among all the others, therefore, when I saw the Veil were recruiting, I signed on the dotted line. Loyalty for loyalty. Just wish I knew where their Comms Officer Kantus went off to.

The fact that their Syndicate Burst and their Rakata B (I'm still VERY thankful to the chap who literally just handed me a free one.) were so delecious was icing on the cake.

The one I've been getting the most completely pragmatic use outta lately though? Old Sim Sim Salabim! Him and his Exilus Adapters and various useful modifications have been very useful lately.

30 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Jokes aside, I like your thinking. Everything in your posts (From what I have read in this thread) is true. I second your belief in Cephalon Suda being "The most right" (My wording that doesn't sound grammatically correct...). She really just seems to want knowledge, not unlike Simaris. And again, not unlike Simaris, she is willing to use violence to get said knowledge. (Both Cephalons not only have operatives that work for them, but they also use the Tenno.) It's a little shady, but my opinion is kinda biased. I have always liked Cephalons, I don't know why. I personally would choose Ordis as a faction if it were allowed. Especially if Clem and Darvo were included in the group.

Going rogue with Ordis and Clem sounds great, but why Darvo? :crylaugh:

I've always been torn by this choice, since my 2 favs are Loka and Meridian, but they're complete enemies....

I love the "protect the weak" purpose of the Meridian and their goal is honorable, especialy for Grineers since they were supposed to follow orders and nothing else, but they decided to make their own directives (kinda fit my ign :P).

I choose New Loka a while back because I felt like they were more peaceful than others, promoting generosity and purity of heart (unlike the heartless Suda who kills anything for knowledge). I know people think they're nature extremists or something, but I just feel like that's a bad meme. Red Veil and Suda are way worst, imo, regarding mass murder.

Suda. The enigmatic AI that only wants to seek more knowledge appealed to me from the start.

That and her aesthetics. :P

The Perring Sequence is a close second due to them trying to make progress and they are not as clearly biased as Red Veil or Loka.

Though all syndicates are biased to some extent of course, you just pick your flavor.

Steel Meridian and Perrin Sequence. I really like their ideals, but I'm not a big fan of playing the support role... I kinda see them as the Trinity of the syndicates. :)

New Loka : A bad spirit, but with a good action... I guess I can respect them for that.

Red Veil : A bad spirit. Period. Hate those guys... and it's mutual ! :p

Hexis : For me, it's still to soon to have an opinion. Except their description, we don't really know anything about them.

Sudaaa ! <3 <3 <3 : ...I like her.

And finally, my favorite, even if his syndicate really sucks could be improved...

Révélation

...I'm all for uncle Teshin ! :D

1_VEDTeshin.png

• 2 months later...

Steel meridian are my BOIS (cuz brofist handshakes and CLEM) 

Red veil...I WILL CLEANSE ALL THE CORRUPTION. And there friends with my BOIS.

New loka=space racists. I would happily throw them *cough INTO THE SUN *cough 

Perrin sequence is alright but there Clem's enemies so there my enemies

Arbiters of hexis are BOOOOORING

Cephalon suda learns to much

On 2018-04-16 at 8:26 AM, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Steel Meridian hands down. They atone for their previous allegiance by defending those who can't defend themselves.

Yet they align with Red Veil, hmmm....

Spoiler

tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif

Sorry!

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase